Doctors, Nurses Deserve Overtime Rise: Public Health Minister

snoop1130

1669184203_922521-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 23 (TNA) – Doctors and nurses deserved an increase in their overtime because they had heavy work loads and their overtime had been unchanged for 13 years, said Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, deputy permanent secretary for public health, said overtime would rise by 8% and the allowance for afternoon and night shifts which had impacts on life would go up by 50%. The rise would cost the operational funds of hospitals about 3 billion baht.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1063686

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-11-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Everyone deserves to have a livable wage , except the corupt greedy people

Right on. The greedy people you are referring to would be most of the doctors, the cash registers start ringing in their heads as soon as they see a white face.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Right on. The greedy people you are referring to would be most of the doctors, the cash registers start ringing in their heads as soon as they see a white face.

It is obvious to me that you have never been to any government or state hospital which are also open 24/7/365.

The doctors and nurses there, many of whom speak good English, are vastly overworked and underpaid.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is obvious to me that you have never been to any government or state hospital which are also open 24/7/365.

The doctors and nurses there, many of whom speak good English, are vastly overworked and underpaid.

Not recently, and not for any medical treatment, and please note that I am not referring to nurses or medical staff. Over the years I have heard stories from other farangs and read lots of negative reports about doctors here on TV/AN and especially since the beginning of the pandemic.

One example. the very first time I got my temperature on entering a Lotus store I registered 38, when I told my wife she told me I would need to go to the local hospital (government) I went back to the local Lotus store and took my temperature again, and registered 35. obviously a fault in the temperature thingy. I just knew that if I did have the virus, I would have been kept in and charged thousands as I was a foreigner.

8 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Everyone deserves to have a livable wage , except the corupt greedy people

if it is a liveable wage for someone on day shift surely it too would be a liveable wage for someone on night shift..... so why the need for the 50% night allowance increase... sounds like a greedy money grab.

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Not recently, and not for any medical treatment, and please note that I am not referring to nurses or medical staff. Over the years I have heard stories from other farangs and read lots of negative reports about doctors here on TV/AN and especially since the beginning of the pandemic.

One example. the very first time I got my temperature on entering a Lotus store I registered 38, when I told my wife she told me I would need to go to the local hospital (government) I went back to the local Lotus store and took my temperature again, and registered 35. obviously a fault in the temperature thingy. I just knew that if I did have the virus, I would have been kept in and charged thousands as I was a foreigner.

I am registered at the nearest hospital and use them on a regular basis.

I also have read stories from farangs and for the most part they are complaining about the prices at private hospitals, many of which use state doctors as consultants.

Private hospitals are free to charge whatever they like, and not only farangs are charged those high prices. Normally the first thing you are asked at reception is if you are insured or have a credit card, and that is even before you see a doctor.

All their drugs are highly priced and when my wife stayed overnight once the charges were over 10,000 baht. They charged 18 baht for 1 paracetamol tablet, which at any pharmacy are sold at 100 baht for a tub of 100.

At state hospitals the prices are only 10 to 20% of private prices and their meds tend to be generic at generic prices.

The main problem is that so many poorer Thais use them so the waiting time is longer.

When I go they check my BP, temperature and weight and if I disagree with the figures I say so and they do a retest.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

if it is a liveable wage for someone on day shift surely it too would be a liveable wage for someone on night shift..... so why the need for the 50% night allowance increase... sounds like a greedy money grab.

You have obviously never worked shifts, night shift serously screws with your bodyclock, I worked shifts for 23 years before I retired here, it took me a long long time to adjust.

9 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

You have obviously never worked shifts, night shift serously screws with your bodyclock, I worked shifts for 23 years before I retired here, it took me a long long time to adjust.

Job when I was younger, 2 weeks day 2 weeks night....had no issue with my body adjusting.

Did that for 12 yrs..