Travel liquid restrictions set to be scrapped !

Social Media

Liquid restrictions on hand luggage could be scrapped after Heathrow Airport trial

Liquid restrictions for luggage in airports could be scrapped by mid-2024, reportedly.  Credit: PA

Liquid restrictions for hand luggage could be scrapped following a trial at airports across the UK.Credit: PA

Restrictions on liquids and laptops in hand luggage could be removed in the near future due to the rollout of new 3D scanners.

Since November 2006, passengers taking liquid in their cabin luggage have been restricted to clear plastic bags holding no more than 100ml, which must be shown to security staff.

But ITV News understands the government is now considering the future of screening liquids at airports.

Full story

• Like 1

One thing I always found amazing, especially flying out of Heathrow. You stand in a queue and put the liquids in a bag. Then I see security staff removing excess bottles and putting them in a large bin next to them...........just in case it is a bomb.............:clap2:

Yes, I understand that it is the mixing of liquids that make up a device, but you have to question the logic.

Edited by AhFarangJa

"Since November 2006, passengers taking liquid in their cabin luggage have been restricted to clear plastic bags holding no more than 100ml, which must be shown to security staff. "

The question is why has it taken so long, (2006-2022), that's 16 years to develop this new scanner? Its basically a CT scanner, the same as used in hospitals, which takes a 3D X-ray?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

One thing I always found amazing, especially flying out of Heathrow. You stand in a queue and put the liquids in a bag. Then I see security staff removing excess bottles and putting them in a large bin next to them...........just in case it is a bomb.............:clap2:

Yes, I understand that it is the mixing of liquids that make up a device, but you have to question the logic.

Almost as much as yours?

• Haha 1