Polish motorbike rider dies after colliding with a taxi in Kamala

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Kamala – A 69-year-old male Polish motorbike rider died after he crashed his motorbike into a taxi car in Kamala.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 5:40 P.M. yesterday (November 23rd) near the Kuan Yak Kamala area on the Kamala – Patong Road in Kamala.

Emergency responders and the Phuket Express arrived at the scene to find the damaged taxi car on the road. The driver, Mr. Wirayut Thongpaen, 45, was at the scene waiting for law enforcement.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/11/24/polish-motorbike-rider-dies-after-colliding-with-a-taxi-in-kamala/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-11-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Severe head injuries, not wearing a helmet maybe, or not having one strapped on..............

R.I.P. to yet another rider.

Pillion rider, wearing a decent looking helmet, seems to be cradling the (helmeted) head of the deceased..

Can't be positive due to pixelizing..

Blunt force trauma to the chest?

RIP bike rider

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I wouldn´t be talking or implying anything of that? Just some garbage, that lives in your dreams.

I’m trying to understand your posts - the reasoning or basis of your posts, what you may be trying to say or implying - if its none of that, what are you implying then ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

I’m trying to understand your posts - the reasoning or basis of your posts, what you may be trying to say or implying - if its none of that, what are you implying then ?

Don´t bother, every time I post something, it seems like it´s a little bit too hard for. Not necessarily anything wrong. Might be that I have difficulties to express in a way you understand. Sorry for that Richard, but I see it better to continue post and, disregard that fact.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You need to look inward at yourself and your comments - the reason you are getting these responses is because it is YOUR post which is strange....  

...‘the asking for a friend part’ was clearly just to add some humour - you may not have understood that. 

As I said in another tread. Referring to my last comment to you.

Very sad indeed. I just do not understand why these old geezers insist in riding motorbikes in Thailand when they know how dangerous it is. I often see foreign old guys with their tanned ladies hanging on the back of their bikes weaving through Thailand traffic. It is much safer to buy a car or rent one for the period of stay in Thailand. Anyone who rides a  motorbike in Thailand is taking their life in their hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, proton said:

Aged 69 riding a bike in the wet in a country where one rider is killed every 30 mins, not very wise is it. Never ridden a bike and never will, death traps all too often here.

They certainly present an elevated degree of risk.... they do in any country. 

In Thailand we can significantly reduce the risk and place ourselves in a situation where the bulk stats don’t apply to us by adopting to the following: 

1) Not riding in the wet

2) Not riding at night

3) Never riding when drunk / after drinking

4) Never speeding

5) Defensive riding

6) Never assume the car will not pull out etc

7) Never assume we’ve been seen etc

8 ) always wear a good helmet

9) Wear decent gear *where practical

*where practical - going to a 7-11, ok, perhaps no need for a jacket and riding pants etc.. but if going for a 1 hr ride somewhere etc...  gear up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you in cahoots with Gottfrid ???

Misunderstanding the comment then throwing criticism highlighting that misunderstand while remaining completely unaware !!.. 

I’ll explain as this is your ‘first time’ but after that you’re on your own and will just have to try a little harder and not jump to dumb conclusions... 

... In his first post on this thread, Gottfrid asked a lot of seemingly unrelated and irrelevant questions... not sure what was going through his mind, I tried to decipher some sense from his comments but drew a blanc when asking what he meant giving examples of what he could have meant... 

Another poster; hot chilli, ridiculed the pointlessness of his [Gottfrid’s] comments by responding and asking an equally inane, irrelevant and pointless question of Gottfrid.... ‘do you want his shoe size too ?’.... 

But also added - 'asking for a friend’ (imaginary)..   because he [hotchilli] is not stupid enough to ask such a dumb question himself, ergo, the ‘humour part’.... 

Thus: The humour part was in ridicule of Gottfrid’s comment and not aimed at all to the incident itself where a motorcyclist has died. 

Thus: While stubbing your toe in attempting to climb and claim the moral high ground your virtue signalling has simply served to highlight that sadly your teachers may have failed you in key areas of reading comprehension.... :giggle:

Yeah Richard, it´s all a misunderstanding.

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you in cahoots with Gottfrid ???

Misunderstanding the comment then throwing criticism highlighting that misunderstand while remaining completely unaware !!.. 

I’ll explain as this is your ‘first time’ but after that you’re on your own and will just have to try a little harder and not jump to dumb conclusions... 

... In his first post on this thread, Gottfrid asked a lot of seemingly unrelated and irrelevant questions... not sure what was going through his mind, I tried to decipher some sense from his comments but drew a blanc when asking what he meant giving examples of what he could have meant... 

Another poster; hot chilli, ridiculed the pointlessness of his [Gottfrid’s] comments by responding and asking an equally inane, irrelevant and pointless question of Gottfrid.... ‘do you want his shoe size too ?’.... 

But also added - 'asking for a friend’ (imaginary)..   because he [hotchilli] is not stupid enough to ask such a dumb question himself, ergo, the ‘humour part’.... 

Thus: The humour part was in ridicule of Gottfrid’s comment and not aimed at all to the incident itself where a motorcyclist has died. 

Thus: While stubbing your toe in attempting to climb and claim the moral high ground your virtue signalling has simply served to highlight that sadly your teachers may have failed you in key areas of reading comprehension.... :giggle:

If you don't like my posts feel free to use the ignore button..

It will save you time.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You need to look inward at yourself and your comments - the reason you are getting these responses is because it is YOUR post which is strange....  

...‘the asking for a friend part’ was clearly just to add some humour - you may not have understood that. 

I fully understand my humour... just not yours.

26 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I meant the one you jumped on. Seems like I have to help the understanding nerve a lot today.

Have you been reading the dictionary of Gobldeegook?

Edited by roo860