Man arrested after 18 shots fired at primary school in southern Thailand - anger over noise from school

webfact

14 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Funerals, weddings, praying for the village (whatever that means), 'special days'......the list goes on and on.

There are three things that Thais like more than food and drink..... burning stuff, modified exhaust pipes and PA systems.

I bet the school was going full blast day after day on their PA system.....it would not have just been the noise from a few kids that drove this guy over the edge.

this bloke would have a bloody field day in our soi  ..please visit 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Noise pollution everywhere in Thailand, Never get used to it, as there are laws with maximum levels, but the Police nor Government nor temples and school will ever do anything to give an example and lower the noise. I am wondering what will happen fter several years as many studies already showed that the ears will be damaged by too much noise. But Thai people probably don't have this issue or have it already why they the have make such a noise. Even speaking can not be done in a normal way.It must be screaming all the time

Yeah.. it ain't the west is it.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We aliens like to have quiet because it helps us relax, and sometimes contemplate the meaning of life (even if we never find the answer). It gives us the opportunity to think. Thais do not like to think because it can be complicated. They are also selfish and don't care what affect their noise has on anyone around them. It's a cultural thing. Me First again.

By the way, the meaning of life i⁸s 1 - to find a way to do less work for more money and 2 - find clothes to wear that never need ironing. I've accomplished both so can live happy ever after ????  

Thais plant the rice

Viet harvest the rice

Lao listen to it grow...

Move to Laos

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Noise pollution everywhere in Thailand, Never get used to it, as there are laws with maximum levels, but the Police nor Government nor temples and school will ever do anything to give an example and lower the noise. I am wondering what will happen fter several years as many studies already showed that the ears will be damaged by too much noise. But Thai people probably don't have this issue or have it already why they the have make such a noise. Even speaking can not be done in a normal way.It must be screaming all the time

When I lived in the UK I had neighbours like that, especially the 2 teenage children. Rather than talk face to face they would shout from one end of the garden to the other in that twiny sort of childish voice that could be heard from 2 or 3 houses either side - "Mam,(rising up at the end), Tommy won't let me have my headphones back!" (Like a spoiled 4 or 5 year old spoiled brat) The parents were as bad for tolerating it, because they used to shout back down the garden at them. Spoiled many a peaceful lazy Sunday afternoon! 

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We aliens like to have quiet because it helps us relax, and sometimes contemplate the meaning of life (even if we never find the answer). It gives us the opportunity to think. Thais do not like to think because it can be complicated. They are also selfish and don't care what affect their noise has on anyone around them. It's a cultural thing. Me First again.

By the way, the meaning of life is 1 - to find a way to do less work for more money and 2 - find clothes to wear that never need ironing. I've accomplished both so can live happy ever after ????  

The answer to the question "What is the answer to the meaning of life and everything?" is 42. Douglas Adams revealed this in his seminal work "Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy"????

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, sambum said:

When I lived in the UK I had neighbours like that, especially the 2 teenage children. Rather than talk face to face they would shout from one end of the garden to the other in that twiny sort of childish voice that could be heard from 2 or 3 houses either side - "Mam,(rising up at the end), Tommy won't let me have my headphones back!" (Like a spoiled 4 or 5 year old spoiled brat) The parents were as bad for tolerating it, because they used to shout back down the garden at them. Spoiled many a peaceful lazy Sunday afternoon! 

I am living with a soi behind my house and on the corner there is a ricesoup  shop. The owners are talking so loudly every day than I can hear what they are saying just if they were in my garden...Sometimes I just talk back to them and that will keep them quiet for a day or 2 but than it start again. Stupid ignorant people as they always say hollow barrels........

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Will B Good said:

There are three things that Thais like more than food and drink..... burning stuff, modified exhaust pipes and PA systems.

Ah, life's simple pleasures.

And let's be honest, most of them wouldn't know what good food or drink was (hint: it ain't chicken feet soup and Johnny Walker whisky),

You omitted sleep from that list too. ????

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

How do you know? Do you KNOW that the guy wasn't a psycho on the edge of cracking before he did this? Such people can snap at the smallest imagined provocation. We've seen them in the news, and you no doubt have seen that news. You sure don't know much about human nature to be spouting such uninformed opinions and judgments

Calm down dear, calm down.......you sound like you're on the edge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, robert888d said:

I am sick of the noise in Thailand, and can sympathize with the man being driven crazy. I live in a large house but the neighbours on one side spend hours in the garden banging, hammering and sawing every single day.About 90 % of the people around have small yappy  dogs which are always barking at the slightest thing.Not to forget a school not near but with a loudspeaker. If you want peace and quiet DO NOT RETIRE IN THAILAND.

I hear you......but only just, through the constant din that consumes Issan.

Just to add to the constant noise the burning season is upon us......I would agree.....do not retire to Thailand. Even a twenty acre estate will not protect you.

14 hours ago, Flink said:

Oh yeah, they love a PA system. I live across the road from a barracks and the drill instructors use a PA system to drill the troops. Odd that they should need to do that. My mates and I worked on a drill square 4 x the size of the one here and never felt the need to use a PA system. Then again, show an Asian a microphone and they'll grab it like it was the Kulinar Diamond!

We have a medical centre about 250m away. The patients sit just outside the clinic, under cover.

A girl comes out and uses a PA system to call them in to the surgery.....she is stood in front of them.................. and we can hear clearly ever name that's called.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2022 at 4:23 PM, Goat said:

terrible right?

why you leave lovely quiet australia to live this terrible place?

Love?

Never said 'terrible place', you misquoted me.  I refer to 'terrible noise pollution control measures'.  I am not sure about your English comprehension abilities, but you may wish to reread my comment. 

Thailand also has a lot of good qualities and I live in a quiet place with respectful neighbors. So yes, I enjoy living in Thailand. 

I feel sorry for Thai people who buy a place and live there but a new business opens nearby and is very noisy and disrespectful.  That is why some people go crazy and use guns.  

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 8:51 AM, sambum said:

Lucky indeed.

Sounds way better than a screeching Lady Boy voice or two in a village.????????

On 11/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, ikke1959 said:

I am living with a soi behind my house and on the corner there is a ricesoup  shop. The owners are talking so loudly every day than I can hear what they are saying just if they were in my garden...Sometimes I just talk back to them and that will keep them quiet for a day or 2 but than it start again. Stupid ignorant people as they always say hollow barrels........

Set a trail of food to the shop's front door.

Soi dogs will visit BIG time.????????

On 11/29/2022 at 10:41 AM, Will B Good said:

We have a medical centre about 250m away. The patients sit just outside the clinic, under cover.

A girl comes out and uses a PA system to call them in to the surgery.....she is stood in front of them.................. and we can hear clearly ever name that's called.

"Come in Will B Good - Your time is Up"????????

• Haha 2