Fugitive hiding in the woods for one month seven days shot dead by SWAT team

webfact

Cover-Template-1100x620-New-47-768x433.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: Judicial killing!

Daily News reported that a man who had shot his wife and her former husband dead last month and had then hidden in woods in Phrae, northern Thailand, had been shot in a judicial killing by a SWAT team.

On October 19th  Pho Bunmalert, 42, had used a shotgun to kill Phraewphan, 27, and Kanya, 42, in a kitchen of a property in Soi sub-district of Wang Chin district.

Following the shooting he disappeared into the forest but officials heard that he had visited a housing estate to get food and provisions.

27112022_133140227821405829_GateWay_1C.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He had been scaring locals threatening them that if they gave him away they would be killed.

A SWAT team and local Soi police gathered Sunday morning before daybreak. There were about 30 armed men.

When the suspect was discovered he was ordered to give himself up but replied that he would fight to the death.

He fired once and then the officers opened fire.

27112022_133140227894530142_GateWay_1C-1024x577.jpg

Picture: Daily News

His body was found next to a weapon and ammunition in a ravine, he had been hit three times. 

Prosecutors and other officials were on the scene taking the body away for autopsy and tying up loose ends. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-11-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He had been scaring locals threatening them that if they gave him away they would be killed.

That never seems to work.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

When the suspect was discovered he was ordered to give himself up but replied that he would fight to the death.

I wonder why they didn't wait the customary 24 hours to see if he would calm down and give himself up... ????

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Excellent  news. I am not really supportive of the right to a trial, for a man who has committed heinous crimes like this one. Just be done with it. Good work, guys. 

i'm always asthonised how many on this forum show support  

for  "killing before justice" and also think that's a good thing!

i assume that everyone involved will get paid a big bonus so that the truth

of such actions /crime (happen every often here) does not come to light ...

personally, i hope never have to meet such a person (a killer from the police

or military), because i will not know what this person will do to me or my family ... 

the law should apply to everyone at all times, without exception!
or is there a line where the legal system should not be applied?

i am not aware of that ... 

just think about it, thank you!

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

That never seems to work.

I wonder why they didn't wait the customary 24 hours to see if he would calm down and give himself up... ????

because Mcdonald's had just opened for breakfast and they were getting hungry.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2022 at 3:06 PM, spidermike007 said:

Excellent  news. I am not really supportive of the right to a trial, for a man who has committed heinous crimes like this one. Just be done with it. Good work, guys. 

One of the purposes of a trial is to determine whether the suspect is indeed the perp.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:36 AM, webfact said:

had been shot in a judicial killing by a SWAT team.

Judical killing.  Judge, jury, and executioner all rolled up in one team.
That's ok.  In the US the cops would just say he made a scary erratic movement.  That enough to get you shot and you'd be cleared in no time at all.

6 minutes ago, connda said:

That's ok.  In the US the cops would just say he made a scary erratic movement.  That enough to get you shot and you'd be cleared in no time at all.

Thank you for the USA comparison , threads wouldn't be complete unless some one posts "In the USA ......................." and makes a USA comparison ,

Would the cops have tasered him in the USA ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

He declared his intention to "fight to the death" and not surrender to the police. Then he started shooting. Police officers returned fire and he was killed. He already murdered 2 people, so they knew he was capable of killing.

Self defence is not extra-judicial killing - not by any stretch.

The good news is that all the police and villagers got home safely that night.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:36 AM, webfact said:

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Self defence is not extra-judicial killing - not by any stretch.

The good news is that all the police and villagers got home safely that night.

i am sure, the villagers and the police are happy with the result ... but it seems

some foreigners see it the same as the villagers and the police ...

it looks more like it was the aim "to catch and kill" and not to bring people to justic.

why are there no injured on both side (see also link below), only dead body on the other side.

do you remember the war on drug 20 years ago, the pattern is the same. thailand has a long

history of this kind of justic and nothing seems to change . 

in so many incidents, it is clear the case of extra-judicial killing.

how can someone educeted defend and support that ...?

just a few killings from the last few months, only from the province chiang rai:

Edited by motdaeng