How to contact a human at Air Asia?

edwardandtubs

I booked my flight on the website and paid on time via mobile banking but received no booking confirmation. It seems the only way to contact them is through the live chat feature of their app, where you can only talk to a useless bot called Ava. Ava informs me that my booking was cancelled because I didn't pay on time, even though the money has already left my account. Obviously I need to speak to a human about this but the 02 515 9999 number is just a message telling me to use the bot. Anyone know how to contact a human about this?

Maybe you can just buy their entire staff database with all their home phone numbers, email addresses, addresses, bank accounts, etc. I bet they'll send someone over.. if they ever notice...

https://grahamcluley.com/ouch-ransomware-gang-says-it-wont-attack-airasia-again-due-to-the-chaotic-organisation-and-sloppy-security-of-hacked-companys-network/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, treetops said:

Type "change email" into Ava.  Ignore all the suggestions and replies and wait until you get a button "Talk to Allstar".  Press it, enter the details requested and you'll get a real person responding.

Thank you. I'll try that next time. There's also a number you can dial to leave a voicemail message and that sort of fixed the problem (the booking was later confirmed but somehow they got the flight time wrong).

Covid was one grand excuse for corporations to show their lower nature, and in addition to crazy price hikes, they also dramatically reduced customer service. All with covid related excuses, while recording record profits.

What can one say? We had a grand opportunity to show our higher nature. It did not happen. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:08 PM, treetops said:

Type "change email" into Ava.  Ignore all the suggestions and replies and wait until you get a button "Talk to Allstar".  Press it, enter the details requested and you'll get a real person responding.

I tried this and it worked but I ended up being in position 150 in the queue. I tried after midnight instead and was position 50 in the queue and had to wait over an hour and in the end they refused to rectify their mistake. This is the current state of AirAsia customer service.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My experiences with Air Asia have been VERY bad. It's easy to book online, but fixing issues or making changes is difficult or sometimes impossible. While the apparent cost is low, baggage is expensive add-on, also "transaction" fees. It's necessary to sign up as a member to do anything more than book. Then you can sometimes make simple changes, like time or date - but only at least 48 hours before the scheduled flight, and also doesn't work for flights with layovers, and you can't change destination. Changing a flight means losing any purchased add-on, you have to buy your baggage allowance, etc. again, and there are more additional fees. Anything more than very simple time / date changes requires talking (actually text chatting, as there is apparently no voice line) with an agent. But first you must get through the horrible less than worthless "Thou Shall NOT Pass" bot (previous female avatar "AVA", now male avatar "Bo"), which only offers otherwise available "help" articles and platitudes. For example, it will say something like You want to cancel a flight for credit? OK, what is your booking number? Then its like, Just kidding, you can't cancel your flight, only we can do that. But first it offers a cryptic message "Please interact with a card or click Cancel", and continues to reply with that message no matter what is entered, though eventually you might get through. Sometimes after arguing with the bot for upwards of an hour it will finally say "...I transfer you to my fellow Allstar". Then, you are in a queue, usually a few hundred. The queue tends to go down fairly quickly (my experience so far), just keep the web page open and it continues to update. So MAYBE in an hour or few you are FINALLY connected to a human agent. Long delays between responses, like they are working on many cases at the same time. Agent may or may not be helpful, if fixing an Air Asia caused problem (for example they rescheduled my layover flight to arrive before leaving) they can maybe do that. But changing a flight within 48 hours, changing a destination, etc. They just say "no" and hang up abruptly. Even at the physical Air Asia counter at the airport, questions like "I'm unexpectedly early, can I get an earlier flight or have to wait many hours for originally schedule flight?" the answer is a rigid "NO", even if they have open seats on an earlier flight.

Because of my very bad experiences with Air Asia, resulting in losing many hours and thousands of Bhat over a few incidents, I avoid using them. Thai Lion Air provided great customer service, easy to find voice contact number, option for English speaking agent, short queue, quickly and easily resolved issue.

Comments on any other Thai local airlines?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 4:03 PM, tomazbodner said:

Maybe you can just buy their entire staff database with all their home phone numbers, email addresses, addresses, bank accounts, etc. I bet they'll send someone over.. if they ever notice...

https://grahamcluley.com/ouch-ransomware-gang-says-it-wont-attack-airasia-again-due-to-the-chaotic-organisation-and-sloppy-security-of-hacked-companys-network/

I had 2 cards hacked. I think AA was the source.