Home immigration checks may be on the uptick

4 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

OK.

So it would be ok, if you had young children and they wanted to video you and your children in your home.? 

And that video be kept on a server or hard drive by immigration  nice guys. ( or personal  mobile phone ) perverts.?

They have rules and regulations s about that stuff, where i come from and for good reason.

Your experiences is not the yard  stick.

just a I'm alright jack post.

Any reports of any foreigners having their young children filmed by immigration officers on a home visit ?

Because it sounds like you are trying to bolster your opinion with some unlikely scenario to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

OK.

So it would be ok, if you had young children and they wanted to video you and your children in your home.? 

And that video be kept on a server or hard drive by immigration  nice guys. ( or personal  mobile phone ) perverts.?

They have rules and regulations s about that stuff, where i come from and for good reason.

Your experiences is not the yard  stick.

just a I'm alright jack post.

What a load of cobblers you write.

Is this the best excuse that you can come up with?

Whataboutery?

Your experiences are not the yard stick either.

For the majority of the posters who have had the home visits, there are no problems.

Immigration call before they come and spend 20 or 30 minutes confirming your details and then go away again, one time in 4 years.

That works out for me, about 9 minutes of my life per year.

Perhaps you have something to hide as you seem to protest too much.

Why don't you file an official complaint with the head office of Immigration, and complain bitterly, as you do here about the invasion of your personal life in Thailand?

Then let us all know the results.

• Like 1

We don’t to need to be too cooperative…
By law, we aren't supposed to speak thai or even english (obviously, for people who don't have English as their mother tongue!).
When an event makes me uncomfortable (police check point, immigration visit, etc.), I, suddenly, lose my ability of speaking thai or even English. I just stick to my mother tongue and keep smiling.
I always enjoy the look of the official's face when he realises that he won't be able to communicate with me! LOL

Edited by Fab5BKK

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Any reports of any foreigners having their young children filmed by immigration officers on a home visit ?

Because it sounds like you are trying to bolster your opinion with some unlikely scenario to me.

No.

I misread something in someone's post. my bad.

My apologies to all. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

'Immigration call before they come and spend 20 or 30 minutes confirming your details and then go away again, one time in 4 years.'

Why do they need to confirm your details at your residence when they have all your details on file from your last extension?

Just an unnecessary intrusion into your home for no good reason.

I use an agent to bypass all this c@#p from the Immigration police

Edited by ozfarang