Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

42 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You have not posted a shred of evidence to indicate that the palace was doing anything other than responding to Hussey's questioning of Ngozi. They weren't rambling off topic. Again, the palace's statement was about nothing other than Hussey's statement.

You miss the nuance but it's fine. I have given many press conferences in my time and when asked about something I often made a far reaching comment condemning something or praising something without referring to the actual subject. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You miss the nuance but it's fine. I have given many press conferences in my time and when asked about something I often made a far reaching comment condemning something or praising something without referring to the actual subject. 

Politicians do that constantly. This was an official statement by the palace. They never stray from the topic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Politicians do that constantly. This was an official statement by the palace. They never stray from the topic.

Yes politicians too - exactly what the palace press office are - politicians. When asked about racism they condemned it - what else to do? example:

"do you condemn Russia for the war in Ukraine"?  answer "I condemn all war wherever it is found"

We will agree to disagree on the nuances 

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Yes politicians too - exactly what the palace press office are - politicians. When asked about racism they condemned it - what else to do? example:

"do you condemn Russia for the war in Ukraine"?  answer "I condemn all war wherever it is found"

Indeed, its quite clever, it sounds like they are answering the question, without answering the 'actual' question?

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

If the palace didn't think it was racist you can be assured they would have said so explicitly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If the palace didn't think it was racist you can be assured they would have said so explicitly.

The Palace was under enormous pressure. Calculated attacks from multiple angles and they got this one wrong. A rare mistake.

Hopefully they learn from this and never bow to Woke pressure again. I am sure they have apologized to Lady Hussey privately already.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The Palace was under enormous pressure. Calculated attacks from multiple angles and they got this one wrong. A rare mistake.

Hopefully they learn from this and never bow to Woke pressure again. I am sure they have apologized to Lady Hussey privately already.

Well, I wonder why Lady Hussey apologized after quitting:

Susan Hussey offered her “sincere apologies” to Ngozi Fulani for her comments and “the distress” they caused her. She pledged to “deepen her awareness of the sensitivities involved and is grateful for the opportunity to learn more about the issues in this area.”Dec 16, 2022

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2023 at 3:49 PM, ozimoron said:

Hmm they have done more than that they are utilising Lady Hussey as normal. That is pretty EXPLICIT support one might observe lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Hmm they have done more than that they are utilising Lady Hussey as normal. That is pretty EXPLICIT support one might observe lol.

It just means the palace is indeed racist to the core. It is not an explicit statement in any usual sense of the phrase. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

24 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The Palace didn't say she was racist , and when they were asked about racism, they just said they don't tolerate racism (Which many establishments would say when asked bout it ?)

48 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Palace didn't say she was racist , and when they were asked about racism, they just said they don't tolerate racism (Which many establishments would say when asked bout it ?)

I know - I'm supporting that? read my previous posts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

It just means the palace is indeed racist to the core. It is not an explicit statement in any usual sense of the phrase. 

Not explicit that she regains her position?  wow - the Palace never said she was racist and now OPENLY support her.  Suck it up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's great to see Lady Hussey back in the fold. She never should have been removed as I said at the time.

As for Ngozi (or should I use her real name Marlene?) it's hilarious to see her nasty little publicity stunt backfire so spectacularly.  ???? 

Not quite instant Karma, but close. :clap2:

I am sure Lady Hussey has a new-found respect for Harry and Meghan after she saw how fast the Royals would throw her under the bus.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BobBKK said:

How so?  Lady Hussey is riding in the bus and always was. The MSM got their knickers in a woke twist as usual and I'm glad to see common sense has prevailed.

Well, Prince William is her Godson and this is his statement:

"I was really disappointed to hear about the guest's experience at Buckingham Palace last night.  Obviously, I wasn't there, but racism has no place in our society. The comments were unacceptable, and it is right that the individual has stepped aside with immediate effect." 

I'd say that statement puts her firmly under the bus.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Credo said:

Well, Prince William is her Godson and this is his statement:

"I was really disappointed to hear about the guest's experience at Buckingham Palace last night.  Obviously, I wasn't there, but racism has no place in our society. The comments were unacceptable, and it is right that the individual has stepped aside with immediate effect." 

I'd say that statement puts her firmly under the bus.  

I don't - general statement.  Now she's back so I'd say they found out more facts. If they believed the woke noise she would not be back would she?  suck it up

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I don't - general statement.  Now she's back so I'd say they found out more facts. If they believed the woke noise she would not be back would she?  suck it up

Her remarks were well and truly wrong.  She's not in a position to start a conversation with someone concerning their origin and background.  That lacks any kind of tact.   The question becomes, would she have done that to someone who was white?  I think not.  I don't think she would have asked a person who had a physical disability, "What happened to you?"   Again, I think not.  

IMO, her questioning of the lady was racist, but it was far from egregious.  She deserved to be mildly reprimanded and sent for training in awareness.   Ngozi, on the other hand, could certainly have handled this in a much more diplomatic manner.  She is wound a little too tight to be hobnobbing with the elites.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:04 PM, proton said:

Just when you thought the pantomime season was over, up pops widow Twanky again looking like she fell in the fancy dress costume basket, still moaning about an apology. ????

So I see:

image.png.29fa3e9ecb6f48956aa5a943beb7d1e3.png