Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

Ngozi Fulani

The late Queen's lady-in-waiting Lady Susan Hussey has apologised and resigned after she repeatedly asked a black British charity boss where she was really from.

Ngozi Fulani, a charity founder, was questioned about her background at the charity event at the palace on Tuesday.

Ms Fulani, said she was "totally stunned" by Prince William's godmother's comments.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63810468

BBC.jpg

Just now, JonnyF said:

I take it you are not on Twitter?

image.png.2caa01ba7ecc7ebf8eaab33af9cdaf89.png

One of thousands.... Many worse than that.

Without wishing to sound ageist, I imagine Lady whatshername isn't on Twitter either. 

The sad thing is that if she was on Twitter, I imagine she would be utterly bewildered by the upset she has caused.  The opposite of being woke is being asleep.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Wow. Gleeful at the downfall of an 83 year old woman for using the wrong terminology. 

#bekind

Gleeful?

Where do you get that from?

A person repeatedly pursuing a racist line of questioning has resigned from a fairly prominent role and will no longer be in a position to abuse those doing charity work.

hussey was told by the charity worker that she was British by birth, but hussey refused to accept this and continued her line of questioning. 

It is good such a person resigned. 

#noplaceforracists

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I would suggest she is very priviliged and old fashioned. Probably uses outdated terminology having been raised in a different era.

It seemed to me she was genuinely interested in the woman's heritage and used the wrong words. Let's face it, it changes every 5 minutes. When I was a kid saying someone was black was wrong, you had to say coloured. Now coloured person is wrong, but black is fine and person of colour is fine. It's not easy to keep up at the best of times, especially if you don't hang around the Wokerati or prefer not to participate in their changing/attempts to own the language.

Racism was never in date.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Of course you are gleeful. When learning of her fate you simply remarked "Good". Can't be more obvious than that.  

Nope, meant it was good, right and proper she was removed from her prominent role.

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

By the way, it is possible to be British by birth but your family heritage is from somewhere else. It was already established that she was born in Britain. Lady Hussey was obviously asking where her family originated from before coming to Britain.

Nonsense, as the transcript of the conversation shows...

• Like 1