Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Whilst I do agree that the discussion wasn't really P.C and it was unnecessarily personal , I just disagree that it was racist.

Whilst it may appear to be racist if you try and make it that way , it was mainly due to Ngozi cosplaying as an African and deliberately being vague in the discussion about her origins .

They were at an event attended to by people from all over the World , so it would be quite normal to ask people where they were from .

Some people are trying to change the situation where Lady H just went up to a random Black person and asked where they were from and then questioned whether they were from the UK or not , but that wasn't what happened 

“No, where do you really come from?”  

Racism in action. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not from the beginning LH wasn't told .

After being asked the first time , Ngozi replied with her charities name and after being asked a second time, she replied with where her charity is located .

Then LH asked for a third time and asked more specifically which part of Africa was She from (understandable because she was wearing African clothes ) and once again Ngozi didn't state where she was from .

It was only at the fourth time of asking that Ngozi stated she was from  U.K.

Seems like LH was rather annoyed by that time and had Ngozi said "I am from the UK" at the first time of asking , she wouldn't have been questioned further 

And you claim not to have an agenda. 

hussey was told the charity worker was British and did not accept the answer. 

That was racist behaviour. 

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not from the beginning LH wasn't told .

After being asked the first time , Ngozi replied with her charities name and after being asked a second time, she replied with where her charity is located .

Then LH asked for a third time and asked more specifically which part of Africa was She from (understandable because she was wearing African clothes ) and once again Ngozi didn't state where she was from .

It was only at the fourth time of asking that Ngozi stated she was from  U.K.

Seems like LH was rather annoyed by that time and had Ngozi said "I am from the UK" at the first time of asking , she wouldn't have been questioned further 

This is not the actuall account from the transcript.

Lady Hussey was informed that Ngazi was British and British Born.

Lady Hussey response , no really where do you come from.

The reasoning of the question makes it racist , ( malicious intent or not ). After Lady Hussey is informed of Ngazi nationality , what prompted Lady Hussey to then ask , No really where are you from.

Would the same  question have been proposed to a white skin person who had informed Lady Hussey that they are British.

Lady SH: “Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Sistah Space.”

SH: “No where do you come from?

Ms Fulani: “We’re based in Hackney.”

SH: “No, what part of Africa are YOU from?”

Ms Fulani: “I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.”

SH: “Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Here, UK”

SH: “No, but what Nationality are you?”

Ms Fulani: “I am born here and am British.”

SH: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?”

Ms Fulani: “‘My people’, lady, what is this?”

SH: “Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?”

Ms Fulani: “Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50’s when…”

SH: “Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!”

Ms Fulani: “No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.”

SH: “Oh so you’re from….”

Edited by cleopatra2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

It's a shame there's no sad emotive.

Not really.

It was the trolls choice of responding to arguments they couldn’t refute. 

They have resorted to the smiling emoji instead. 

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

This is not the actuall account from the transcript.

Lady Hussey was informed that Ngazi was British and British Born.

Lady Hussey response , no really where do you come from.

The reasoning of the question makes it racist , ( malicious intent or not ). After Lady Hussey is informed of Ngazi nationality , what prompted Lady Hussey to then ask , No really where are you from.

Would the same  question have been proposed to a white skin person who had informed Lady Hussey that they are British.

It was the actual account from the transcript , I was reading the actual discussion when I wrote my post and the transcript can be found in the O.P.

Ngozi was wearing African clothes and also wearing the flag of an African Country as a hairband , hence the question where about in Africa are you from .

Ngozi was cosplaying as an African and must have been embarrassed to be put on the spot  and asked where about in Africa did she come from  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Ms Fulani: “I am born here and am British.”

SH: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?”

That would indeed have been racist had it been a stand alone question , but the previous evasive dialogue makes it not racist .

LH could have been more polite and asked where the flag Ngozi was wearing came from .

Had Ngozi been wearing British clothes and had a Union Jack as a head scarf, she wouldn't have been asked where she came from .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So you resort to a comment to make up for that? They were removed to stop trolling. Take the hint.

So i will take up space in posting then saying it's so sad a black activist has a misunderstanding of old age white people, racist in reverse.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

That would indeed have been racist had it been a stand alone question , but the previous evasive dialogue makes it not racist .

LH could have been more polite and asked where the flag Ngozi was wearing came from .

Had Ngozi been wearing British clothes and had a Union Jack as a head scarf, she wouldn't have been asked where she came from .

The previous dialogue was not evasive

When asked nationality the response was British.

Lady Hussey further response no, where are you really from.

You are actually highlighting the racism , was it correct for Lady Hussey ask no really where are from after being told the person was British.

Would the same question be put to a white person in this context.

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not really.

It was the trolls choice of responding to arguments they couldn’t refute. 

Nonsense it just saves thread space on someones opinion of of what someone has posted 

Only the sensitive women here would see it as trolling. ????

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Nonsense. 

It was racist. 

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Nonsense it just saves thread space on someones opinion of of what someone has posted 

Only the sensitive women here would see it as trolling. ????

Spoken like a true troll. 

Shame, I thought you were better than that. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

LH was not asking about the flag or dress.

LH was asking about the individual , evidenced by the question when did you first come here question

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

She could have a Union Jack tattoo and is black so i don't see anything wrong if i asked her where her family originated from. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

LH was not asking about the flag or dress.

LH was asking about the individual , evidenced by the question when did you first come here question

An Individual who was wearing an African flag as a headscarf and wearing African clothes and looked like an African  , hence the questioning 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The previous dialogue was not evasive

Having to be asked four times where she came from and not giving the answer, was indeed being evasive .

Ngozi was being evasive because Ngozi was cosplaying as an African and pretending to be Africa and thats why she was being evasive  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

All sorted now. Lady H apologised and the other person accepted.

Yep, hussey apologised for her racist behaviour. Great to see the charity worker had the grace to accept an apology for being subjected to such racist questioning. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Having to be asked four times where she came from and not giving the answer, was indeed being evasive .

Ngozi was being evasive because Ngozi was cosplaying as an African and pretending to be Africa and thats why she was being evasive  

Nonsense. 

An Individual who was wearing an African flag as a headscarf and wearing African clothes and looked like an African  , hence the questioning 

The questions were directed at the individual not the flag.

What nationality are you.

No , really where do you come from

When did you first arrive

I am going to have difficult getting you to tell me where your from

Are youre Caribean

Are all questions about the individual not the flag or dress.

• Love It 1

The first 2 questions are when put now in context are ambigous.

It was not clear if LH was referring to the charity or the individual.

The responses to me appear clear.

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep, hussey apologised for her racist behaviour. Great to see the charity worker had the grace to accept an apology for being subjected to such racist questioning. 

Such racial questioning????   Join the Wokers.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

And even using a phoney African name instead of her 'real' name.

• Thanks 2