Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They were at a meeting attended by various people from all over the World and its quite normal to ask each where they come from .When people meet for the first time, its quite regular to enquire where they come from .

There is nothing racist about asking someone who you've just met, asking them where they come from .

BTW , you are comparing being Black to having a disability or a deformity .

Coincidentally enough , I did speak to a Black Woman recently and I asked where she came from and she replied "Gambia"

Ngozi did answer the question.  Lady Hussey decided that wasn't the answer she wanted so she pushed further.  That's poor manners for a start, and racist from there on out.  

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ngozi was initially evasive and stated her charity location  , that was because she was cosplaying as being African and didn't want to reveal that she wasn't from Africa at all and that she was just dressed as being an African .

Correct. Lady Hussey has a lot of experience working with African communities and charities and would have spotted Ngozi's (Marlene's) Cosplay a mile off. 

She was curious about this fake act. Then of course Marlene didn't want to say where she was really from because she is a fraud. Just like her charity.

Lady Hussey be like...

Screenshot_20230312-102316_Chrome.jpg.0fb50c1d9a430441b4753649adf70b13.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, cleopatra2 said:

This is not the actuall account from the transcript.

Lady Hussey was informed that Ngazi was British and British Born.

Lady Hussey response , no really where do you come from.

The reasoning of the question makes it racist , ( malicious intent or not ). After Lady Hussey is informed of Ngazi nationality , what prompted Lady Hussey to then ask , No really where are you from.

Would the same  question have been proposed to a white skin person who had informed Lady Hussey that they are British.

Lady SH: “Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Sistah Space.”

SH: “No where do you come from?

Ms Fulani: “We’re based in Hackney.”

SH: “No, what part of Africa are YOU from?”

Ms Fulani: “I don’t know, they didn’t leave any records.”

SH: “Well, you must know where you’re from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?”

Ms Fulani: “Here, UK”

SH: “No, but what Nationality are you?”

Ms Fulani: “I am born here and am British.”

SH: “No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?”

Ms Fulani: “‘My people’, lady, what is this?”

SH: “Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from. When did you first come here?”

Ms Fulani: “Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50’s when…”

SH: “Oh, I knew we’d get there in the end, you’re Caribbean!”

Ms Fulani: “No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.”

SH: “Oh so you’re from….”

I can't believe this thread has been resurrected again and with the usual nonsense coming from the usual suspects who have a VERY clear agenda to push. So just to clear up a few things that have been gone over time and time again:-

1. Ngozi is a rastafarian (a recognised religion). The colours she was wearing on the day are rastafarian colours. This was then coupled with African/ Caribean clothes. However, what she was wearing should bear no part in the conversations thereafter.

2. As the exchange above highlights, Ngozi was initially confused about the questioning of Lady SH but once she understood the question, answered she was from Britain THREE times. This didn't deter Lady SH though who kept on pressing with her very clumsy questions.

3. Ngozi speaks with an east London accent. Lady SH should have recognised this and adapted her questions accordingly. Something like 'what is your heritage?' or 'where do your parents originally come from?' is much more paletable than 'No, where do you really come from?' 

As I have stated before, I don't think Lady SH meant to be racist but her questions were VERY clumsy (especially someone who has been the Queens consort for quite as long as she has). She kind of reminds me of that 70 year old aunty who still calls blacks 'people of colour' or boldly states 'yeah, but they're not really British are they.'  All of my black, Indian and Pakistani friends call themselves British because they were born and bred in Britain and consider this their nationality. If pressed on their ethnic origins they will happily tell you BUT it is all in how the question is asked. Lady SH may have not meant any offence but she managed to offend by not 'reading the room' and pressing on a persons 'nationality' when they have clearly stated they were British.

Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy.  

10 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I can't believe this thread has been resurrected again and with the usual nonsense coming from the usual suspects who have a VERY clear agenda to push. So just to clear up a few things that have been gone over time and time again:-

As I was the poster who posted the lasted on the story , I would just like to state that I do not have an agenda to push .

I dislike racists and race baiters and people who use alleged racism to further their own causes , people who make false claims of racism for self gain .

Those are the people that I oppose

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

As I was the poster who posted the lasted on the story , I would just like to state that I do not have an agenda to push .

I dislike racists and race baiters and people who use alleged racism to further their own causes , people who make false claims of racism for self gain .

Those are the people that I oppose

You may feel it is a noble one, but what you have just described about your motivations is literally a perfect example of having an agenda.

(Not to comment on the agenda itself or your resultant views.)

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

You may feel it is a noble one, but what you have just described about your motivations is literally a perfect example of having an agenda.

(Not to comment on the agenda itself or your resultant views.)

I wouldn't call it an agender against her , I disagree with her behaviour , her victim playing and race baiting . 

IMO, these people are are cause of racism .

But I just disagree with her, far from having an agender against her .

I disagree with her charity buying a big house in London , which she will live in full time and kindly allow victims of violent abuse to stay for a week with her .

The recent publicity she got from the Lady Hussey story will boost her charities income  and give her the opportunity to buy that big house......................the big house for victims of abuse .

She is a victim of violence  and abuse as well , caused by this story, so she says 

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wouldn't call it an agender against her , I disagree with her behaviour , her victim playing and race baiting . 

IMO, these people are are cause of racism .

But I just disagree with her, far from having an agender against her .

I disagree with her charity buying a big house in London , which she will live in full time and kindly allow victims of violent abuse to stay for a week with her .

The recent publicity she got from the Lady Hussey story will boost her charities income  and give her the opportunity to buy that big house......................the big house for victims of abuse .

She is a victim of violence  and abuse as well , caused by this story, so she says 

Perhaps you would not, but your own words above prove the point.  Anyway, as I said, I am not criticising your stance.

(Nice to have a pleasant discussion with you about this on this occasion, but no more from me).

Edited by Slip

On 3/18/2023 at 5:57 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I feel that people like Ngozi cause racism and division .

With cases like this , people may be concerned about employing Black people or even talking to Black people for fear of being accused of racism .

As asking a Black person where they come from is considered to be racist and a sackable offence

How many times do we have to go over this with you? It's not the 'asking a Black person where they come from' that's the problem, it's asking someone 'no where do you REALLY come from' after they

have confirmed THREE times they are British.

The nuances of all this are obviously beyond your capabilities so if it all still confuses you then maybe YOU shouldn't employ or even talk to black people. However, the rest of us will just get on with just being normal to black people because this line of questioning doesn't even occur to us. 

P.S. And saying something like 'people like Ngozi cause racism and division' is just plain nonsense. Racists cause racism.

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

How many times do we have to go over this with you? It's not the 'asking a Black person where they come from' that's the problem, it's asking someone 'no where do you REALLY come from' after they

The nuances of all this are obviously beyond your capabilities so if it all still confuses you then maybe YOU shouldn't employ or even talk to black people.

Do stop tying to change the story and give a false impression of what happened , as you are still unaware of what happened, it would be pointless me explaining again .

Have you read the verbal exchange ?

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 9:05 AM, sqwakvfr said:

I'm asked this question almost everyday in LOS.  I am not caucasian so when I say I am from the USA then I get the "where you really from?".  Is that racist?  If so should I be offended and demand racial justice?  

People ask you where you're from almost every day? 

12 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The nuances of all this are obviously beyond your capabilities so if it all still confuses you then maybe YOU shouldn't employ or even talk to black people. However, the rest of us will just get on with just being normal to black people because this line of questioning doesn't even occur to us. 

P.S. And saying something like 'people like Ngozi cause racism and division' is just plain nonsense. Racists cause racism.

Could someone not be from any number of places and still be British? 

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do stop tying to change the story and give a false impression of what happened , as you are still unaware of what happened, it would be pointless me explaining again .

Have you read the verbal exchange ?

How am I changing the story? My previos post included a copy of what was said which no one is denying, not even Lady SH.

After being initially confused with the questions, Ngozi confirmed she was British THREE times. This still prompted a 'no, where are you REALLY from' by Lady SH. And as I have already stated, I didn't think Lady SH was being purposely racist (just old and out of touch) but it certainly was a VERY clumsy line of questioning from someone who should have known better. What am I supposed to be missing here?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Could someone not be from any number of places and still be British? 

Yes they can because their nationality is British, but their ethnicity could be African, Caribean, Chinese etc. This is VERY common for second and third generation Brits who have mums and dads from other countries. They call themselves British because this is where the where born and bred and who they identity with more.

It's only complicated for those that want to make it complicated.

Edited by johnnybangkok

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yes they can because their nationality is British, but their ethnicity could be African, Caribean, Chinese etc. This is VERY common for second and third generation Brits who have mums and dads from other countries. They call themselves British because this is where the where born and bred and who they identity with more.

It's only complicated for those that want to make it complicated.

Second or third generations would not be "from" somewhere else, they would be from Briton. 

S

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Sorry am I not writing in English? Isn’t that exactly what I just said?

No. I asked; Could someone not be from any number of places and still be British? 

You answered (correctly) yes, but then went on to use (incorrectly) second and third generations as examples of people "from" somewhere else, they are not. 

22 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No. I asked; Could someone not be from any number of places and still be British? 

You answered (correctly) yes, but then went on to use (incorrectly) second and third generations as examples of people "from" somewhere else, they are not. 

I said their mums and dads are “from” somewhere else, not they themselves.