Most Esaan Constituents Prefer Thaksin’s Daughter For PM: Poll

webfact

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And just in case you want an honest government then look for honest alternatives. I know that is difficult in Thailand. But just voting again for the same corrupt people will not change anything.

So unless the elected government is perfect - it’s better to have the unelected, corrupt criminals in government?

How ridiculous.

Which path has the best chance of installing a government that is halfway honest - coups or elections?

The answer is obvious.

14 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

So unless the elected government is perfect - it’s better to have the unelected, corrupt criminals in government?

How ridiculous.

Which path has the best chance of installing a government that is halfway honest - coups or elections?

The answer is obvious.

No, the answer is unfortunately not obvious.

Thaksin and his family are convicted criminals.

And the military removed those corrupt governments.

Now what will happen when people vote again the same corrupt family? Guess!

If the people want peace then maybe they should not vote for known criminals. 

51 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, the answer is unfortunately not obvious.

Thaksin and his family are convicted criminals.

And the military removed those corrupt governments.

Now what will happen when people vote again the same corrupt family? Guess!

If the people want peace then maybe they should not vote for known criminals. 

kindly forgive my ignorance but they were convicted by whom? I can't find any reliable source

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

On what basis to you reach your conclusions?

ANFREL have time and again stated that handouts do not alter the outcome of Thai elections - they’ve found zero evidence of impactful cheating in any of the elections won by Thaksin’s side of politics.

Post a link of your evidence - help enlighten us all (unless of course your just parroting the nonsense read on forums posted by racist, misogynistic failures that are to afraid to look at themselves in the mirror).

If bribes have no effect why do they spend so much on them?

8 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Hear that ringing yet?

People saying they will not vote for Thaksin's daughter, will never be a ringing endorsement for her.

There is zero logic in your comment as a rebuttal to a comment on the lack of endorsement for Thaksin's daughter.  The person you replied to did not mention "pro-democracy" parties.  (Whatever they are.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

On what basis to you reach your conclusions?

"On what basis do you based your conclusions?  Real lived experience that you have witnessed first hand?!!  That is nothing compared to the things that I imagined about Thaksin and his many proxies!" ????

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is so difficult about not voting again for the same known corrupt criminals? 

Taking a guess, the people he likes like Thaksin and his mind won't allow him to think anything bad about the Thaksins as that would then affect his view of the people he likes.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You could look it up and try to overcome your ignorance. 

that means you can't provide any supporting information that Taksin was convicted.... btw I don't care about the guy and/or his family for me they are all on the same boat (figure of speaking) but making a statement like you did and having no evidence it's ??? be my guest, call it the way you want

• Thumbs Up 1

The current government is bad, but let’s keep them in case the next one is worse.

You keep arguing with things that @OneMoreFarang hasn't actually said.  It makes you sound unhinged.

We understand that you like Thaksin, but your refusal to acknowledge that some people might not like him and would prefer another alternative (instead trying to claim that they are supporting the current government) makes your comments so nonsensical that I can't imagine you winning anyone in this thread over to your side, or to really taking anything you have said seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

People saying they will not vote for Thaksin's daughter, will never be a ringing endorsement for her.

There is zero logic in your comment as a rebuttal to a comment on the lack of endorsement for Thaksin's daughter.  The person you replied to did not mention "pro-democracy" parties.  (Whatever they are.)

Nobody said they would not vote for Thaksin’s daughter - you need to work on your comprehension skills a bit there old chum.

Those who preferred Sudarat over Paetongtarn would certainly vote for Paetongtarn over Prayuth (or whatever other fascist clown your mob offers up).

The real news coming out of the poll - is not the sensationalist, lowest common denominator Paetongtarn angle, but the very clear and very large margin favouring the pro democracy side of Thai politics.

Why does it no surprise me that you don’t know what pro democracy is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nobody said they would not vote for Thaksin’s daughter - you need to work on your comprehension skills a bit there old chum.

So you think people who said they would choose another candidate over Paetongtarn Shinawatra, would still vote for her?  Seriously?

I think you are the one with a problem with comprehension.

The point is, the person you replied to said that 24.9 wasn't a ringing endorsement of Paetongtarn, which is true.  You chose to challenge this by saying that a certain amount of people wouldn't vote for the current government, which is obviously irrelevant when discussing how many people supported Paetongtarn (24.9%).

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Why does it no surprise me that you don’t know what pro democracy is.

LOL.  I never said I didn't know what it means (again your comprehension comes into doubt).  Try reading the whole comment before hasting bashing out an incoherent reply.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You keep arguing with things that @OneMoreFarang hasn't actually said.  It makes you sound unhinged.

We understand that you like Thaksin, but your refusal to acknowledge that some people might not like him and would prefer another alternative (instead trying to claim that they are supporting the current government) makes your comments so nonsensical that I can't imagine you winning anyone in this thread over to your side, or to really taking anything you have said seriously.

I’m not sure you understand anything.

My “like” for Thaksin is relative.

Thaksin > Prayuth

Thanathorn > Thaksin

or, put another way 

Democracy > Coups

Thaksin is not the cause of Thailands woes.

Only fools and fascists think that he is.

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I’m not sure you understand anything.

I understand that you read a comment, dislike what that comment says, then pretend that the person who made that comment said something that they didn't.  Most likely this is because you cannot refute what they say so need to construct a strawman to argue against instead.

No one will buy what you're selling.  Stop the logical fallacies and people might listen to you (but I doubt it). ????‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

A shining example of just how terrific the Thai education system is.

Well said, sums it up completely. Although if they had a decent govt which will never happen the education system could only improve ( It couldn't get any worse )

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that means you can't provide any supporting information that Taksin was convicted.... btw I don't care about the guy and/or his family for me they are all on the same boat (figure of speaking) but making a statement like you did and having no evidence it's ??? be my guest, call it the way you want

Ok, I did it for you. 

Just in case you want to try it yourself go to en.wikipedia.org

search for something like Thaksin

Click on the relevant link

And then maybe search on that page for conviction

It's not really that difficult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra#Convictions_and_exile

you are welcome

3 hours ago, DezLez said:

But what elected authority did the so called government that "convicted" him have from the popular vote of a free people? - None.

A Junta "Convicted" him.

Not a democratic judiciary!

Since when is justice a democratic decision?

It's about who breaks laws - even if lots of people like the lawbreaker.

Do I really have to explain that?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Political elites and their families. How can anything ever change for the good whilst they keep the power game to themselves (includes all parties in most countries).

I don't know what will be the bigger emotion for me, the glee of seeing the junta boys gone or the sadness of seeing the Thaksin fill my pockets clan return.

Look across to the Philippines where the Marcos Dictator Clan have just recently returned to power,to put all of this into perspective?

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know that Thaksin and at least some people in his family are criminals.

He and his sister would be in jail if they wouldn't have run away.

Obviously you can join those people who just shout "political prosecution" or you can look at facts and realize that he and his sister were very corrupt criminals.

And nobody doubts that his daughter will deliver more of the same.

Do you want corruption? Do you want criminals running the country? Then go ahead and vote for her.

And just in case you want an honest government then look for honest alternatives. I know that is difficult in Thailand. But just voting again for the same corrupt people will not change anything.

Honestly why is Yingluck Shinawatra a criminal,apart from her surname and trumped up charges what crimes has she actually committed?

• Like 2