Most Esaan Constituents Prefer Thaksin’s Daughter For PM: Poll

webfact

9 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Honestly why is Yingluck Shinawatra a criminal,apart from her surname and trumped up charges what crimes has she actually committed?

I have to admit I find questions like that annoying. Do you read/watch the news? It was all over the news for a long time. Anybody who paid attention saw it.

And if you missed the news you could look up pages like Wikipedia and others.

I don't see the point why I should do work like that when all the information is public knowledge. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I find questions like that annoying. Do you read/watch the news? It was all over the news for a long time. Anybody who paid attention saw it.

I don't see the point why I should do work like that when all the information is public knowledge. 

Don't feed him........

This is not his first time around these pages........................

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

People saying they will not vote for Thaksin's daughter, will never be a ringing endorsement for her.

There is zero logic in your comment as a rebuttal to a comment on the lack of endorsement for Thaksin's daughter.  The person you replied to did not mention "pro-democracy" parties.  (Whatever they are.)

What percentage of "People" would that be?

To keep it even, what percentage of people will not vote for Prayuth?

The answer to that question is here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of squawking here about not choosing corrupt politicians but zero ideas about who would be a taint-free PM in future.

Poor people prefer anyone linked to Thaksin as he has achieved mostly positive changes to help the rural poor. Those village-managed microcredit development funds, low-interest agricultural loans, direct injections of cash into village development funds, infrastructure development, and One Tambon One Product (OTOP). Thaksin's economic policies helped to accelerate Thailand's economic recovery from the 1997 Asian financial crisis and reduced poverty. He balanced the national budget, producing fiscal surpluses for 2003 to 2005. Transparency International reported that Thailand's reputation for transparency among business executives improved during the years of the Thaksin government. He initiated subsidized universal health care and low-cost universal access to anti-retroviral HIV medication. Remember, the coup makers wanted to end the 30 Baht scheme but were prevented by public outcry.

Most rich people, westerners included, prefer to remember the war on drugs as the only thing they do remember.

Even though his sister Yingluck, was impeached for removing a government person who had been appointed by a former government, she was still admired by ordinary people. Now, the daughter will represent the poor, which means she will be torn down by the rich and powerful.

I sometimes wonder why they bother to elect the Shinawatras.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

Do you really understand the difference between "democracy" and "Junta"?

Do I really have to explain that to you!

You can try to explain it.

How about the USA, the best democracy money can buy?

And about Yingluck: She is responsible for the rice scam, even if she only followed the "advice" of her brother. She wasted the taxpayers' money to enrich her family and cronies. There is not much doubt that that is what happened, including lot of evidence. 

But the farmers and middlemen profited and most of them don't pay income tax so I guess they don't care if other peoples' money was wasted. 

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

What percentage of "People" would that be?

100% minus 24.9%.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

To keep it even, what percentage of people will not vote for Prayuth?

Why would you need to "keep it even"? 24.9% is clearly not a "ringing endorsement", which is what the comment was about. Nor is it "most" people in Isaan, which is the headline of the article.

How many people would choose to vote for Prayuth is completely irrelevant.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I find it annoying when people cannot understand what trumped up charges are,then skirt around the issue with typical ad-hominem attacks to deflect from the actual question sound familiar?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

I have to admit I find it annoying when people cannot understand what trumped up charges are,then skirt around the issue with typical ad-hominem attacks to deflect from the actual question sound familiar?

What about the charges is trumped up?

The evidence is clear. There was a big rice scam, and she was, together with others, deep involved in that scam.

Should we just ignore her involvement because she just followed order from her brother or because she didn't understand what she was doing or because she is so nice and so many people love her?

If an ugly guy with scars would do the same, then people would shout: to lock him up. But with Yingluck: She is so nice, and she looks so innocent. Really? 

attachment-Tattooed-Houston-Criminal-Mug

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

What the link shows is that she and the PTP are far and away above any other contenders in Isaan which is what the thread is about.

The headline says that most Isaan constituents support Thaksin's daughter for PM.  Another user pointed out that at 24.9%, Thaksin's daughter does not have a "ringing endorsement" from the people of Isaan.

What they have said is true.  At around 25% support, Thaksin's daughter does not have to support of "most" constituents in Isaan.

If someone wishes to make the point that the headline is incorrect, which it is, whatever you think the thread is about is irrelevant, as is the level of support for non-Prayuth parties.

just to be fully clear: if someone says that Thaksin's daughter does not have the support of most Isaan constituents with a figure of around 25%, the amount of support for anyone else is irrelevant.  25% of a group is not most.  Simple as that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You are correct. It does not matter what I think, nor does it natter what YOU think either as neither of us can vote.

What DOES matter is the that the people of Isaan who DO have a vote prefer Thaksin's daughter by a margin of more than 2 to 1 over Prayuth and more than any other contender in Isaan who is trying to win votes,

Fascinating stuff, but still completely irrelevant.  25% remains not "most" of anything. ????‍♂️

I can't think of anything you can write that will change the proportion that 25% is of 100%, nor the meaning of the word most.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What about the charges is trumped up?

The evidence is clear. There was a big rice scam, and she was, together with others, deep involved in that scam.

Should we just ignore her involvement because she just followed order from her brother or because she didn't understand what she was doing or because she is so nice and so many people love her?

If an ugly guy with scars would do the same, then people would shout: to lock him up. But with Yingluck: She is so nice, and she looks so innocent. Really? 

attachment-Tattooed-Houston-Criminal-Mug

Charges trumped up by the Thai elite and a Military Junta and therefore utterly worthless!

The same people that would rather wash the mangy,festering paws of a Soi dog than have anything to do with you!

Are you really so naive to think that these people are on your side,as I really cannot understand your motivation to champion a government that pretty much NO-ONE wants in power?

You must think that Aung San Suu Kyi is an evil woman and deserves to be in prison again,for trying to lead Myanmar democratically against the wishes of the Military Junta there?

You honestly seem utterly deluded,to a literally frightening degree?

Edited by Phnom Penh Trader
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Charges trumped up by the Thai elite and a Military Junta and therefore utterly worthless!

The same people that would rather wash the mangy,festering paws of a Soi dog than have anything to do with you!

Are you really so naive to think that these people are on your side,as I really cannot understand your motivation to champion a government that pretty much NO-ONE wants in power?

You must think that Aung San Suu Kyi is an evil woman and deserves to be in prison again,for trying to lead Myanmar democratically against the wishes of the Military Junta there?

You honestly seem utterly deluded,to a literally frightening degree?

You don't like A, B also does not like A, so you must be a supporter of B. Really? No!

This thread is about the Shinawatras. Are they a mostly corrupt and criminal family? Yes.

And I think it was good the Prayut removed them from power.

Does that mean that I think everything Prayut did since then was great or good or legal? No!

I would love to see honest politicians in Thailand who work for Thailand and Thais. It would be wonderful if there would be no corruption anymore. And that is why I think it is stupid if Thais vote again for the same corrupt criminal family. Thaksin and his cronies showed Thais already that he is mostly interested in himself and his family. Why vote for him again?

I never said anywhere that people should vote for Prayut again. I never wrote they should vote for a party which supports the military.

Your enemies' enemy is not automatically your friend. That concept shouldn't be too difficult to understand.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:50 PM, BangkokReady said:

Fascinating stuff, but still completely irrelevant.  25% remains not "most" of anything. ????‍♂️

I can't think of anything you can write that will change the proportion that 25% is of 100%, nor the meaning of the word most.

Johnny has 4, apples, Sarah has 3, Tom, Dick, Harry all have 2 each - who has the most apples?

In this particular poll, Paetongtarn has the most supporters (i.e. - more than any other candidate).

????????????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

She has the support of 25% of Isaan. That isn't most of Isaan.

Not 25% of Isaan, 25% of those polled.

That is the most in this poll.

Sudarat had the second most, with 20%.

????????????

Paetongtarn has a plurality in this poll.

Plurality is when the candidates receive less than 50% of the majority vote, yet the candidate who receives the most votes would have the plurality. Majority is when the candidate receives more than 50% of the vote.

Here endeth the lesson.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Not 25% of Isaan, 25% of those polled.

LOL.  Obviously.  The article is about the result of the poll. ????‍♂️

The article claims that "Most Esaan Constituents Prefer Thaksin’s Daughter For PM: Poll", this is not true as 25% of something is not most, it's 25%. ????‍♂️

Paetongtarn has a plurality in this poll.

Nobody is talking about that.  The fact that you constantly need to try to shoehorn in irrelevant details shows how wrong you are.

Here endeth the lesson.

Lesson?!!  Bwahahaha!  All you have done is try to bring up a load of irrelevant drivel to try and divert from the fact that Paetongtarn doesn't have the support of most of Isaan. ????‍♂️

You might not like the facts, but they remain to be as such.????‍♂️

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone so completely wrong make so many bizarre claims at being intellectually superior, but you do you. :cheesy:

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

LOL.  Obviously.  The article is about the result of the poll. ????‍♂️

The article claims that "Most Esaan Constituents Prefer Thaksin’s Daughter For PM: Poll", this is not true as 25% of something is not most, it's 25%. ????‍♂️

Nobody is talking about that.  The fact that you constantly need to try to shoehorn in irrelevant details shows how wrong you are.

Lesson?!!  Bwahahaha!  All you have done is try to bring up a load of irrelevant drivel to try and divert from the fact that Paetongtarn doesn't have the support of most of Isaan. ????‍♂️

You might not like the facts, but they remain to be as such.????‍♂️

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone so completely wrong make so many bizarre claims at being intellectually superior, but you do you. :cheesy:

You are clearly quite incapable of distinguishing the difference between “majority” and “most”.

In this article, most means a plurality, not a majority.

If you want a majority, click on the link in the article and you’ll see a majority of poll respondents (65.7%) prefer pro democracy parties.

How fascinating it is to see the inner workings of the cognitive dissonance required to reside in the “but, but Thaksin” anti democracy unreality.

????????????