The weather totally sucks

19 hours ago, garrya said:

Feel nothing but dead calm 300 days a year and rain, rain as well and also some rain, moreover a bit of a rain and finally, some rain. Clothes won't dry, towels won't dry, mould growing etc.

But I'm glad someone likes it. 

Been monitoring the breeze since your post, yet I couldn't find it.

I may live in a parallel universe.

????

300 days of rain? You must live in a parallel, very wet universe.

• Haha 1

Get on a plane during monsoon and go lay in the sun somewhere else for a few months, or back to the balmy, cold/cool of Europe and enjoy the change in weather. That's what we do. Thailand weather is tropical ... end of story.

• Like 1

"I think most of those who choose to live in Spain go the southern areas. "

Or here, on Canaria Islands. The weather is perfect day and night and low humidity. Couldn't be better.

I'm currently on Gran Canaria and it's been in heaven - for a price.

Mid level hotels are $ 90-100/night w/o breakfast. I spend $ 3300/m w meals (I cook myself every day).

For same money I was 3-4 days in better hotel in Thailand and a week in Vietnam's Phu Quoc beach bungalow.

Hard to decide. Thailand is way more friendly and more colorful.

Food is better too.

Spain is way more safe. The traffic is good and Islands have one of the best communal bus systems in the Europe, for cheap too. No need for car.

• Love It 1

On 12/4/2022 at 6:08 AM, JensenZ said:

300 days of rain? You must live in a parallel, very wet universe.

That parallel universe is called Hat Yai.

Can't remember a rain-free day since the beginning of November. It keeps coming. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 1:12 AM, Henryford said:

Spain is pretty cold in winter. 8 degrees in Madrid now. Welcome to that. I would rather have the odd shower and a warm winter.

Barcelona 15 degrees in winter just need a jacket and t-shirt,Andalusia and Almeria probably more like 20 degrees in winter no jacket required?

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Or here, on Canaria Islands. The weather is perfect day and night and low humidity. Couldn't be better.

Mid level hotels are $ 90-100/night w/o breakfast. I spend $ 3300/m w meals (I cook myself every day).

For same money I was 3-4 days in better hotel in Thailand and a week in Vietnam's Phu Quoc beach bungalow.

Food is better too.

Spain is way more safe. The traffic is good and Islands have one of the best communal bus systems in the Europe, for cheap too. No need for car.

I've lived in Maspalomas,Arguiniguin,Patalavaca,Puerto Rico,Mogan all over a truly beautiful island like Tenerife it is eternal spring?

On 11/30/2022 at 8:52 PM, The Fugitive said:

March/April can sometimes be just too much in Thailand. So hot that you want to be somewhere else.

I first came to Thailand mid-March 1977 with the Peace Corps.  We trained in Maha Sarakham for awhile in April.  Brutally hot and dry.  No air conditioning in the hotels we stayed in.  Probably just as well because the houses I lived in for the next 3 years didn't have any. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, Phnom Penh Trader said:

I've lived in Maspalomas,Arguiniguin,Patalavaca,Puerto Rico,Mogan all over a truly beautiful island like Tenerife it is eternal spring?

I know all those places except Tenerife. I hear it's the most beautiful of all islands.

Do you mind telling why Thailand?

May help me to decide.

On 12/1/2022 at 8:59 AM, MRToMRT said:

The weather is so great here most of us non-Thais cannot sleep without the aid of a machine (AC) for 10 months of the year.

Wimp ,about  10 days a year i use air conditioning .

Cheap Charlies unite 

On 12/10/2022 at 9:20 PM, GypsyT said:

Food is better too.

Have you tried/considered Portugal?

13 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Have you tried/considered Portugal?

Yes. Algarve area is very popular among expats. Madeira is good too.

But I want to learn to speak Spanish. More useful to me since I like Mexico, Central and South America as well.

• Thanks 1

I agree…the worst!!   28 years, 7 months and 21 days ago I was so happy in the Sun, rain, snow and wind.  Now the planet is ruined!   Misery everywhere……

oh wait, before I had 2 girlfriends, money and looks.    Probably a coincidence.

hold on, my tinder date is here!   I love the weather!  Let it snow!    

• Haha 1

The weather in Chiang Mai has been gloriously dry and sunny, slightly cooler in the evenings and in the mornings. The pm2.5 chart is gradually starting to go up which is concerning. I’ve a feeling that in the next few years we are going to start moving from rainy season right into smoky season. That would be hellish, and I would likely consider moving elsewhere if that’s the case.