When does TM30 reset?

I moved to Thailand 31 years ago and moved into moved new house we had build which was just finished. Must have fill out some paper work back then for my staying here? I was retired at age of 49, visa type non - O married to Thai. Never did a 90 reporting and any new TM 30 form for 27 years, did change to retirement at age 55 when IMO told me that she could give me 1 year exhaustion that day if I used retirement instead of married. Four years ago the same lady that I see all these years ( now retired ) ask me for TM-30 and also 90 day report receipt. this was the first time, needed go to different desks get  forms filed out and bought her the copies, which is still in my Passport. Then for two years did 90 report by mail then change to on line. Don't know what happen four years ago.

Edited by Dickp
gamer

3 minutes ago, Opossum said:

That is original rule that have been clarified and refined by more than one ministerial order or a immigration order since 1979 when the immigration act was done,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is original rule that have been clarified and refined by more than one ministerial order or a immigration order since 1979 when the immigration act was done,

I was thinking about that when posting this article, but I thought, Ujoe will intervene anyway, hahahaha. I just wonder if any of those immigration guys have the overview about all those changes....

8 hours ago, freedomseeker said:

This is wrong. Please let me share my current experience.

Yesterday, I tried to do the 90 days reporting online for the First time (Previously done in person at immigration). After 12 hours of submitting the online form, I received a response:

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.
Contact immigration to update the (TM30) accommodation notification to date. The last declaration of accommodation at Andakira Hotel Phuket not Chiang Mai."

I stayed in my current permanent resident in Chiang Mai for over 6 months and the First ever TM30 was filled when I signed the lease agreement. In the passed 6 months, I did a LOT of short term travelling within Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Pai, Phuket, Lampang) and stayed in different hotels. BUT, I have never left Thailand. 

About 2 months ago, I went to Phuket for a short 1 week holiday and I didn't know that particular hotel filled another TM30 for me and the hotel didn't even inform me nor gave me any slip related to TM30. Within the last 2 months, I went to Bangkok and Pattaya, those hotels didn't file TM30. It seems to me that only one particular hotel in Phuket filed the TM30.

So, the first TM30 (Chiang Mai) is invalid now and has been replaced by TM30 in Phuket. I just communicated with the landlord on this and told him to fill POA (Power of Attorney) to me. So that, I can go to Immigration centre to fill the TM30 myself. Afterwards, then only I can fill the TM47 (90 days reporting). I might even get fined when I am there. I will report back. 

Honestly, I can understand the requirement to file for TM30 when returning from oversea. But, it is stupid to file TM30 for short term travelling within Thailand.

I guess its main purpose is to encourage me staying in the same place and discourage me to travel within Thailand and spend money?

An update. My landlord helped me to file another TM30 online this morning and gave me a screen shot of the record. Then, I went to print out that record and went to the Immigration, waited for about 45 minutes to get the latest TM30 slip (Luckily, They didn't fine me). Then, I went to make the 90 days reporting and completed in less than 15 minutes. Everything completed in 1 hour. I am happy now.

I have lived in the same place in Pattaya for several years in and out many times always returning there and never did one.

But, I recently sought a residence verification and they snagged me for no tm30.  Had to wait a few hours as they were delaying others for the same.  So, Chonburi seems to have a rule about this at least on the day I went.

I haven’t done a TM30 since all the fuss that went on 4 or 5 years ago. Pre Covid I travelled out of Thailand around every 4-6 weeks but post Covid just 3 times in the last 12 months. Within Thailand I always check into hotels with my pink card. I have no idea where I stand with TM30 now.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 12:15 PM, freedomseeker said:

Damn.. it is a bit ridiculous to question you like a criminal. 

It seems to me that the immigration rules are not consistent across different provinces/offices. 

As for hotels, not all of them are filling the TM30. In my case, only 1 hotel is filling the TM30 for me in the last 6 months of travelling in different parts of Thailand. 

To avoid trouble with immigration/fine, it seems to me that every time I am back to my permanent residence, I will have to refile a TM30. I guess I will travel less often now within Thailand and spend less money. 

They are still Pretty Mellow where I am, like the Boss, argued with the Woman who dose most of it .... (A Very good boss I might add, and got Bless provincial Thailand ???)  but she stuck with her Guns, ...  and said that If I go to Bangkok, and stay in a Hotel I should re report when I get back here !!! .... But well I love MY Immigration People here !!! ... The Boss Just said "OK, ...Fine !!! ... (And Read, "Well Just F' it" I think) ... Then just Pay the fine, Right" ....  (And it is only 1,000 B) ... So well 12 more months in Paradise with "Quality Insurance" (See Pacific prime ??? ...) ... and Bob's you Uncle. ...

Edited by Mark mark
Improve the Sense !!!