When does TM30 reset?

Hi, so I have been living in the same condo for almost 2 years, I did initial TM30 here, but I never knew I was supposed to re-do it after coming back from abroad(which I never did).

What repercussions could I have because of that? I have a extension based on working in a BOI company, which I got extended no problem despite that reset.

When does it reset?

-after stay in a hotel?

-after going abroad?

I am going to Phuket for a month and renting a condo there, they want me to do TM30, I am reluctant because I don't want my current address to change, how to go about it?

1 minute ago, Kalorymetr said:

what if airbnb does a tm30 in phuket for me, do I have to re do it when I come back to bkk?

No need for a new TM30 report for a temporary stay in another Province.

2 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

They say the owner is facing fine if they dont register me

That is not likely to happen,

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Travel within the country does not require you do to one.

My online 90 Day report was refused with a note about my being in a hotel away from home where they registered me on TM 30. Note said I needed to go to CM Immigration about TM 30.  So I went and got a new TM 30 and the 90 Day. Happened last month.

Perhaps something unusual came up or just one of those immigration inconsistencies.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How do you do your reports.

Online, post or in person.

The request you have from immigration is absurd.

However nothing with CM surprises me. 

Previous 90 Day reports were online.  TM30 in person always.

Immigration wrote as follows:

Contact immigration to update the (TM30) accommodation notification to date. The last declaration of accommodation at Hua Hin Prachuap Khirikhan.

3 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Previous 90 Day reports were online.  TM30 in person always.

Don't even understand why you are doing TM30,s in person.

Why are you doing TM30.

That is for change of residence.

Not for traveling inside Thailand or even from trip abroad unless you enter on new visa or visa exempt 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

read what immigration wrote to me above

They would not accept my 90 Day report unless I updated the TM 30.  That is what they wrote and required. 

Yes, I assume it was reset in the database software when the hotel updated/registered?

I  been staying at one address done a TM30  for 5 years.... I have moved to my a new house For about 9 months and since then done 3 90  day reports on line with new address..they seem to have excepted this no problems as this does say notification of address forigner is staying.. seems it's the same....as telling them you moved..as all it is to tell them were you be are surly..... Not sure I'm right but my retirement exstention is due soon and have to put new adrees on forms as the old rental contact has expired...  Whether there will be a problem not sure... 

57 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

They would not accept my 90 Day report unless I updated the TM 30.  That is what they wrote and required.

You stated...

"I have been living in the same condo for almost 2 years, I did initial TM30 here, but I never knew I was supposed to re-do it after coming back from abroad"

Did you enter on new visa or visa exempt then you need file a new TM30.

If re-entering on same visa or a reentry permit then no TM30 would be required.

By way of example...I'm typing this from Oz on a two week trip home.

Back Bangkok in couple of days with reentry permit.

Will I do a TM30? Absolutely not.

Mainly as it is not required. 

As for 90 day report. I will do that online 75 days after date of entry to Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You stated...

"I have been living in the same condo for almost 2 years, I did initial TM30 here, but I never knew I was supposed to re-do it after coming back from abroad"

If re-entering on same visa or a reentry permit then no TM30 would be required.

By way of example...I'm typing this from Oz on a two week trip home.

Back Bangkok in couple of days with reentry permit.

Will I do a TM30? Absolutely not.

Mainly as it is not required. 

As for 90 day report. I will do that online 75 days after date of entry to Thailand. 

No, Dante did not write that.  You are sadly confused.  Read more carefully.

I change it when I get a new Passport, or when I change my address. Never had any problem extending my TV. Of course the two years during covid-19 when I stayed using retirement visa, I used an agent in Pattaya and the agent did not care about TM30 or other such nonsense. 

12 hours ago, Kalorymetr said:

what if airbnb does a tm30 in phuket for me, do I have to re do it when I come back to bkk?

They say the owner is facing fine if they dont register me

You don't have to do a new TM30 when you return to your previous address.

The owner could theoretically be fined if they don't register you, that's correct.

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

You don't have to do a new TM30 when you return to your previous address.

The owner could theoretically be fined if they don't register you, that's correct.

This is wrong. Please let me share my current experience.

Yesterday, I tried to do the 90 days reporting online for the First time (Previously done in person at immigration). After 12 hours of submitting the online form, I received a response:

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.
Contact immigration to update the (TM30) accommodation notification to date. The last declaration of accommodation at Andakira Hotel Phuket not Chiang Mai."

I stayed in my current permanent resident in Chiang Mai for over 6 months and the First ever TM30 was filled when I signed the lease agreement. In the passed 6 months, I did a LOT of short term travelling within Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Pai, Phuket, Lampang) and stayed in different hotels. BUT, I have never left Thailand. 

About 2 months ago, I went to Phuket for a short 1 week holiday and I didn't know that particular hotel filled another TM30 for me and the hotel didn't even inform me nor gave me any slip related to TM30. Within the last 2 months, I went to Bangkok and Pattaya, those hotels didn't file TM30. It seems to me that only one particular hotel in Phuket filed the TM30.

So, the first TM30 (Chiang Mai) is invalid now and has been replaced by TM30 in Phuket. I just communicated with the landlord on this and told him to fill POA (Power of Attorney) to me. So that, I can go to Immigration centre to fill the TM30 myself. Afterwards, then only I can fill the TM47 (90 days reporting). I might even get fined when I am there. I will report back. 

Honestly, I can understand the requirement to file for TM30 when returning from oversea. But, it is stupid to file TM30 for short term travelling within Thailand.

I guess its main purpose is to encourage me staying in the same place and discourage me to travel within Thailand and spend money?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

It isn't wrong - that has been the official policy for over two years now (see the announcement below). The problem seems to be that Chiang Mai is ignoring the policy and making up its own rules. 

630617_101.jpg

I can't read Thai language yet. A translation would be very helpful. 

It is my First year living in Thailand. I am still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the immigration rules. 

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That depends on the office. The TM30 in my passport is dated 2014 and I have entered and extended on new visas several times since then.

Latest new visa was August and picked up  12 month extension yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those of you who are applying for an extension to a long stay Visa they might delay granting the extension for 2 weeks .... And then send a team of immigration police around to your House as stated in your application. (They just did that to me) ...

They phone the day before and set a time that they will come the next day. (2 hrs. later in my case)

... They will quiz you Wife on how much she earns, or how much you give her a month ? ... and ask her where you come from, and how long you have been there, and who else lives in your house. and what your work was (e.g. where your money came from before you came) and other details about your present family. ...

Then take your Photo with wife and Chief IMM officer, with you holding your passport under you face ... a Bit like a Police Mug Shot right ... (I did not care and smiled !!!) ... and then they look in your House, Briefly and once again a mug shot of you your wife and the Chief IMM Officer in your bed room, ... you sitting on your bed. ... And then that is it and they Repeat when you can go to your local IMM office, and get you Extension as you already have booked, and stamped in your passport. I think they sign that stamp.

No search, no tricky questions or or search of any kind, (Though well, do be careful, they still ate Police right !!! ??? and well I have seen "Not driving a car" in the No working section of the rules ??? Like how about taking your kids to School ??? ?? but it is not that descriptive ..It just says "No driving a Car" ... But they were just checking  up that, that WAS where I live and for how long. I think ! ?

Now I think that this Might be coming mandatory for all extensions of Long Stay Visas ??? ... Like that was what it seemed to to me ... But well I have stuffed up my 90 Day reporting 3 Times this year now ... Yes, Mark mark the Dunce !!! ... and just recently I stayed at a Hotel for 2 days in Bangkok, but forgot to report again when I got back here !!! ( What is a TM30 ? I must have signed one, but well I did not read the Numbers on the top of it I guess ) ...

But the Imm officer said that she knew that I had been in Bangkok ! and that I had NOT re Reported when I came back here, but she had fixed it up for me, and I saw her get the as usual Swish Intern to do it.  ... and well it might have happened before as well Early in the Year !!! ....

So ? well ? I think the Hotel Notifies them when you check in, so your address now ? gets automatically changed by their present software ! ? ... but the Hotels, probably do not notify them when you check out !!! ... So well if you do not re report when you get back to your Real home, it probably now, ? ??? Gets stuck in their system, that you are still living in the hotel in Bangkok ??? ... Until you eventually do Re report. ??? .... Just a thought from me here ... but well she told me she knew about my Trip to Bangkok, and that I had not Re- registered back here, ... but that she has fixed that for me ... And then charged me 2,000 B fine, with a receipt, ... (For both times maybe it was 1,000 for the time I just forgot to report. well for nearly a month !!! ??? like I was pretty busy right ???)

And then she told me about the Delay in my Extension, ...  But that She WOULD give it to me.... But after this Police check in the next 2 weeks ... But which was only 2 days later in my case, and well very un obtrusive ??? and also efficient ???

JFYI Right Fellows !!! ???

Goodness knows where this all will end up ! ? ... But that is just what they Just, did to me.

Edited by Mark mark
Corrections
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark mark said:

For those of you who are applying for an extension to a long stay Visa they might delay granting the extension for 2 weeks .... And then send a team of immigration police around to your House as stated in your application. (They just did that to me) ...

They phone the day before and set a time that they will come the next day. (2 hrs. later in my case)

... They will quiz you Wife on how much she earns, or how much you give her a month ? ... and ask her where you come from, and how long you have been there, and who else lives in your house. and what your work was (e.g. where your money came from before you came) and other details about your present family. ...

Then take your Photo with wife and Chief IMM officer, with you holding your passport under you face ... a Bit like a Police Mug Shot right ... (I did not care and smiled !!!) ... and then they look in your House, Briefly and once again a mug shot of you your wife and the Chief IMM Officer in your bed room, ... you sitting on your bed. ... And then that is it and they Repeat when you can go to your local IMM office, and get you Extension as you already have booked, and stamped in your passport. I think they sign that stamp.

No search, no tricky questions or or search of any kind, (Though well, do be careful, they still ate Police right !!! ??? and well I have seen "Not driving a car" in the No working section of the rules ??? Like how about taking your kids to School ??? ?? but it is not that descriptive ..It just says "No driving a Car" ... But they were just checking  up that, that WAS where I live and for how long. I think ! ?

Now I think that this Might be coming mandatory for all extensions of Long Stay Visas ??? ... Like that was what it seemed to to me ... But well I have stuffed up my 90 Day reporting 3 Times this year now ... Yes, Mark mark the Dunce !!! ... and just recently I stayed at a Hotel for 2 days in Bangkok, but forgot to report again when I got back here !!! ( What is a TM30 ? I must have signed one, but well I did not read the Numbers on the top of it I guess ) ...

But the Imm officer said that she knew that I had been in Bangkok ! and that I had NOT re Reported when I came back here, but she had fixed it up for me, and I saw her get the as usual Swish Intern to do it.  ... and well it might have happened before as well Early in the Year !!! ....

So ? well ? I think the Hotel Notifies them when you check in, so your address now ? gets automatically changed by their present software ! ? ... but the Hotels, probably do not notify them when you check out !!! ... So well if you do not re report when you get back to your Real home, it probably now, ? ??? Gets stuck in their system, that you are still living in the hotel in Bangkok ??? ... Until you eventually do Re report. ??? .... Just a thought from me here ... but well she told me she knew about my Trip to Bangkok, and that I had not Re- registered back here, ... but that she has fixed that for me ... And then charged me 2,000 B fine, with a receipt, ... (For both times maybe it was 1,000 for the time I just forgot to report. well for nearly a month !!! ??? like I was pretty busy right ???)

And then she told me about the Delay in my Extension, ...  But that She WOULD give it to me.... But after this Police check in the next 2 weeks ... But which was only 2 days later in my case, and well very un obtrusive ??? and also efficient ???

JFYI Right Fellows !!! ???

Goodness knows where this all will end up ! ? ... But that is just what they Just, did to me.

Damn.. it is a bit ridiculous to question you like a criminal. 

It seems to me that the immigration rules are not consistent across different provinces/offices. 

As for hotels, not all of them are filling the TM30. In my case, only 1 hotel is filling the TM30 for me in the last 6 months of travelling in different parts of Thailand. 

To avoid trouble with immigration/fine, it seems to me that every time I am back to my permanent residence, I will have to refile a TM30. I guess I will travel less often now within Thailand and spend less money. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I am registered by my GF at 'MY' house for several years and have the paper in my passport. I have been to UK several times on a Re-entry permit for my Retirement Extension. 

But what happens if I go to say an hotel in Pattaya or wherever for a few days. Does the hotel not have to submit a TM30, which will then be my latest residence? And then my GF will have to re-register me at my home.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But what happens if I go to say an hotel in Pattaya or wherever for a few days. Does the hotel not have to submit a TM30, which will then be my latest residence? And then my GF will have to re-register me at my home.

That would not change your registered address.

No need for another TM30 report.

29 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So I am registered by my GF at 'MY' house for several years and have the paper in my passport. I have been to UK several times on a Re-entry permit for my Retirement Extension. 

If you’re visiting a touristy area just have your girlfriend put the room in her name. Or show them your Thai drivers license, maybe they won’t bother to register. I don’t recall ever being asked for my passport in the rual north outside of cm, but always been with wife or gf. Though in the cities it goes in her name. 

Edited by novacova
  • Thumbs Up 1