Plane Returns To Phuket Airport After Extra Passenger Found On Board

webfact

There must be more to the story and much more meat on the bone. I'm a regular on VZ and it is literally impossible to have "an extra" passenger on board. It is possibly a computer glich but each and every boarding pass is code-screened when leaving the waiting area to board the plane, the cabin crew (at least twice) count the passengers once they are seated ....... let's wait and see, if there is more to it ???? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

There must be more to the story and much more meat on the bone. I'm a regular on VZ and it is literally impossible to have "an extra" passenger on board. It is possibly a computer glich but each and every boarding pass is code-screened when leaving the waiting area to board the plane, the cabin crew (at least twice) count the passengers once they are seated ....... let's wait and see, if there is more to it ???? 

I was thinking he/she/it hid in the toilet, and they didn't check during head count.   Then after airborne, came out to a full flight, and had nowhere to sit ...

... BUSTED

Does make you wonder why they didn't just continue and have arrested at destination.  Only an hour+ flight, airtime, so he/she/it must have come out immediately after take off and got noticed.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I was thinking he/she/it hid in the toilet, and they didn't check during head count.   Then after airborne, came out to a full flight, and had nowhere to sit ...

... BUSTED

Does make you wonder why they didn't just continue and have arrested at destination.  Only an hour+ flight, airtime, so he/she/it must have come out immediately after take off and got noticed.

"Sir, could you kindly return to the toilet and keep very quiet please".....  "OK, if you must f a r t  make sure you let them go  quietly."

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 1

If all seats were full on take off, they must have been in the toilet. It probably just boils down to safety on landing with no seat belt. But this would still apply when returning to Phuket. So they might just as well have continued to BKK.

20 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

If all seats were full on take off, they must have been in the toilet. It probably just boils down to safety on landing with no seat belt. But this would still apply when returning to Phuket. So they might just as well have continued to BKK.

Yes, as an attendant could have easily taken the jump seat, and stowaway the attendant's seat.  Which, if full flight flight, happened anyway, as they surely wouldn't let the psgr be unseated during landing.

Maybe the crew wanted the overtime, and would rather layover in Krung Thep rather than Phuket.  Worse even, some 'office politics' between the pilot & head attendant.   Punishment for he/she/it turning down the other he/she/it's romantic advance.

The plot thickens ... I await the 'made for TV' movie.

Edited by KhunLA

9 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

This could be a major violation of security protocol.  Passenger accountability?  But as always TIT.

It happened to me on a flight to Caracas, Venezuela. We were all seated and the crew did a head count and then a second and a third. At this point were were told to disembark back to the departure lounge and show passports and boarding cards.

The "extra" passenger was found and detained by airport security at Heathrow, but we stayed in the lounge for a while before reboarding because the takeoff slot was lost.

So, NO, it is not always TIT.

• Thanks 1

Working for airlines, and at the gate, it happens more times than you think.   Though rarely have to deplane after the head count.  Never in all the years working for, needing to deplane for accurate count. 

23 ish years ago, so cost cutting and staffing may have added to more incidents.  Didn't work for LCCs either, so may be a reason.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:24 AM, ignis said:

only read the other day passenger boarded with tickets and boarding passes to find there seats were not even there

The plane seating + the computer did not match... there was 3 rows of seats less fitted then showed on the computer/booking staff did not know.

Happened to me with Delta out of ATL. A very late 'technical' call resulted in a change of equipment and it was only half-way through the already delayed boarding that the ground staff spotted the seating configuration change. Worked out to my benefit in the end in that myself and three other pax who would had already been bounced of the flight for not attending Delta's arcane "pre-boarding" event where they swap your boarding pass issued by Delta elsewhere to one issued at ATL (I think it's a scam to get the infrequent flier to involuntarily give up their seat). Anyway, we got shunted to the front of the bus (turn left on entry) for the flight to Rio.

Roundabouts and swings though: since ATL ground crew apparently stop loading planes at 22:00, no baggage was loaded on our late departing plane which made for a frantic hour for their agent at GIG the following morning.

And some say Thai VietJet are dodgy?