Air Fryers

spider1197

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Of course, it depends on the price, or you prefer electronic display for example.

Then there must some electronics inside.

There is a big difference between temperature display and temperature control.

The original point was in reference to control and clearly mechanical.

39 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Why?

As electronics hobbyist I have only change one time replace the thermostat, I can draw it out for you, a motor, a heating element a blower a mechanical timer and a thermostat....that's all.

Wow, no need to get all patronising.  

It was a light hearted response to your comment that there are no electronics.  If you plug it in it has electronics.

Never mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Am no authority but it would seem that blocking airflow defeats the purpose - the idea is to have direct hot air flow on all cooking surface.  Without that times will be longer and in effect becomes a normal oven.

I guess the silicon options are even worse for airflow

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I guess the silicon options are even worse for airflow

Suspect so - if have dishwasher easy to put in that and believe most have no stick finish should be easy enough to hand wash when required.  But really do not need to do every time as temps will kill any bacteria.  

53 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Talking about redundant appliances, anyone still use a slow cooker? was the next big thing but for me turned into a one trick pony for stews only, rarely used

Still have a 'slow' cooker, sort of, as it's an everything cooker.  Will actually sear meats before slow cooking.   Wife doesn't care for the way it makes rice, so the redundant part, she'll use the rice cooker for that ????  

So yes, and same, more just for stews or slow cook/shredding meats for whatever so not to use the now trashed 70L convection over.   

70L replaced with the 56L convection/air fryer over.  Compliments the 12L conv. oven/air fryer, which compliments the toaster over/non fan/convection/non air fryer ????

So no need for a 3-5-7L designated only 'air fryer'.  Ran out of counter space anyway.

French fries ... 6 mins deep fried, 2 mins maybe, heat the oil. 

No air fryer/oven can touch the speed or quality of finished product.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 7:49 AM, hotandsticky said:

Sounds like you are too lazy to coat your chips before putting your chips in the air fryer  -  mine come out perfectly.

If you don't use the air fryer properly it will become redundant.

i just cooked my own chips in the air fryer and so much better than Makro frozenchips and only a tea spoon of oil.

Anyone do sandwiches but without mayonnaise?