looking for a pataya Lawer to get a divorce . Thai+ Falang

yeahbutif

looking for a pataya Lawer to get a divorce . Thai from Falang 

I had a lawer who said he could get a divorce for my girlfriend for a set fee . this was ok but he went to cort 3 times and the judge said not enough information.

The problem is the falang is German and the lady Thai , they have not seen each other for 10years or more , 

but she dont know were he live now he could even be in another country

Think the lawer we used quoted us for doing a Thai style divorce and not have to get information outside of thailand

she has passport numbers on mariage certificate  but this does not seem to help . 

it seems he has to me notified of the Divorce

I Thought is you had a passport number people should be able to be found ..  

how can this be done ?

• Haha 1

Most passports are only valid for 10 years.  There's every chance he has a new passport, which means a new passport number. 

Did he have a marriage visa when they were together? 

Edited by Leaver

You don’t usually need the other partners consent for a divorce. If they are gone or don’t respond the lawyer just makes reasonable attempts to find them with all available info and after a waiting period they are assumed to be notified.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 2

Have the lawyer negotiate with the judge or his assistant. A friend's child had a birth certificate issue and had to go through hoops and ended up before a judge. The lawyer had spoken to the assistant 10 minutes before the proceedings. The court appearance lasted 5 minutes.

Edited by d4dang
grammar

7 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Think the lawer we used quoted us for doing a Thai style divorce and not have to get information outside of thailand

Doesn't negate the rules. Need both parties in the room for an amphur divorce.

Just wait till 2 years after he left her and get divorce on basis of abandonment. If she loves you she'll wait, won't she? LOL.

• Like 1

Were they married in Thailand or in Germany?

While I can't say for Germany, in another EU country, it is possible to get this done through the embassy. 10 years away is a case of abandonment (I think that's when it's over 2 years) and divorce can be triggered in Thailand, if married in Thailand. If married abroad, then embassy of that country can have some forms filled out by the Thai and would require that person to visit embassy at his country to fill out the paperwork to proceed with divorce.

Not personally involved in this but had a colleague who went through this and it took a couple of years but ended up successfully. Without lawyers, although a lawyer I know gave advice to approach the embassy after foreign man ignored all calls to do his part previously.

Send a mail to German embassy in Bangkok, tell the problem, and I am confident they would help and give procedure to get it done. May need to visit embassy a couple of times and get some documents certified and provided. In colleague's case it took about 6 months after getting embassy involved for it to get completed. They were married in the Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Most passports are only valid for 10 years.  There's every chance he has a new passport, which means a new passport number. 

Did he have a marriage visa when they were together? 

Don't know. He tried to get her to Germany two times before that dint work denied...  so he tryed again when married still denighed.. 

9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

You don’t usually need the other partners consent for a divorce. If they are gone or don’t respond the lawyer just makes reasonable attempts to find them with all available info and after a waiting period they are assumed to be notified.

He. Don't live at the address he was living when married we have sent recorded delivery .and the person at the house was a patient . And he used that address for the passport. Ect. This patient has not seen or heard from him for ten years as well we have a letter from the paitent but this is the only contact we had for him. It seems the judge wants more information but there is not more information we can get hold off..  think it seems it don't what to be found... His name is Andres Feidler..if anyone knows of please let us know. It seems he don't want to be found.. we only have photos of him ten year's ago. Searched Facebook ect.. the paitent said he thinks he may have a new family in Cambodia 

17 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

He. Don't live at the address he was living when married we have sent recorded delivery .and the person at the house was a patient . And he used that address for the passport. Ect. This patient has not seen or heard from him for ten years as well we have a letter from the paitent but this is the only contact we had for him. It seems the judge wants more information but there is not more information we can get hold off..  think it seems it don't what to be found... His name is Andres Feidler..if anyone knows of please let us know. It seems he don't want to be found.. we only have photos of him ten year's ago. Searched Facebook ect.. the paitent said he thinks he may have a new family in Cambodia 

You may need a new judge then. If he can’t be located and the judge insists your at a brick wall.

Maybe the lawyer can ask the judge to release immigration records using the passport number and search for unknown addresses, emails and/or phone numbers, or emergency contact relatives, but it’s a long shot for a divorce and more something that would be done locating a fugitive.

The judge may become so frustrated at the requests or wasting the courts time that he just grants the divorce.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Weird for the judge to not be more specific. The lawyer may want to ask the judge what is specifically needed, especially if they have been in court three times. Or maybe try a new judge ????.

Sounds like a good idea but in practice it may have been different judges.  Think the lawyer is the problem but I think we all know lawyer can be just in For easy money..  but in this case took the money and not deliver.... So think he gave up after three attempts..  so need ref to some one who could get it done for a fee.. don't want this to be lke UK goes on to on with a big bill every month..

9 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

About the same as his English.

Forum rules ( my bolding )

3. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.