Burglars steal property worth three million baht from Danish man and his Thai wife’s three houses in Koh Samui

webfact

The lesson is don’t announce your going away and purchase some WiFi light bulbs you can put them on even if your on the other side of the world . I would of thought they would of rented out the houses rather than leave them empty .As for for 50k mountain bike must have more money than sense 

Just now, mberbae said:

3 houses empty ? Why not rent 2 of them....or let relatives stay there to keep an eye on.

We ALL know by now, living Outside of a gated community can be a recipe for exactly

this type of crime.

I don’t live in a gated community but I have CCTV and the property is gated and walled plus I have buildings and property insurance . I also have a nice baseball bat next to my bed although as yet I’ve never had the need to make use of it security camera light bulls with a built in alarm are not expensive you can buy them on Lazada for around 500 baht 

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never met one of these 'good wives', must be the quality of the foreigners I mix with. 

"No true Scotsman" fallacy.  Every Thai wife is good.  If she isn't good, she isn't a real Thai wife (and it's your fault for choosing the wrong wife anyway). ????

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never met one of these 'good wives', must be the quality of the foreigners I mix with. 

There is a well know fact some people are attracted to one specific type of humans, and never change environment or pattern. And it goes both ways between the sexes. 

Some women always go for the bad guys, and I guess some gus have the same pattern. I cant say I ever met any woman worse than me, rather equally balanced between good and bad, but I have managed to get the worst out of my partner and visa versa and the relationship turned toxic. However I always managed to square up with everyone, except one I have not seen or been in contact with since we moved away from each other. 

The main thing is to evaluate and learn, and be interested and willing to do so. If not stay status Q

3 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Looks like an inside job.

..and who tf buys 3 houses in someone else's name?

Idiot award of the year.

You clearly have either a very limited imagination or intelligence.  Quite often husbands buy houses, record the ownership in their Thai Wife's name, to make the ownership legal and then run the additional houses as a little letting business. The big mistake was trusting the maid to stay and take care of the properties.  Personally I would invite a trusted friend to take care of the property and would be happy to pay a small stipend for doing so.  Perhaps they did so with the maid who then betrayed them by leaving, or was threatened by the theives?

5 hours ago, findlay13 said:

My mate got robbed many years ago in Sattahip.He was away for a couple of weeks and when he returned he found his house burgled.The neighbours who knew he was away said they'd "heard noises" but "didn't do anything"

Perfectly normal in Thailand. If it doesn't directly concern them then they aren't interested.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Two male burglars on a motorbike were seen coming back and forth from the houses and taking many possessions away, said the victim’s relative and witness Ms. Montha Sukkong.

Seen but not stopped?

The three wooden houses had two stories and sat relatively far from the populous areas on Koh Samui, Michael told local media. several of his possessions were stolen, such as one mountain bike worth 50,000 baht, four air conditioners worth 80,000 baht, four leather sofas worth 120,000 baht, one television worth 30,000 baht, and much more.

Additionally, the houses were destroyed, with punctured ceilings and walls, and trash everywhere. The total damages exceeded three million baht, according to Michael.

Two male burglars on a motorbike were seen coming back and forth from the houses and taking many possessions away, said the victim’s relative and witness Ms. Montha Sukkong. The houses were usually taken care of by a maid, but she left five months ago.

Whenever a residence that is far from a populous area and is also unoccupied it's just screaming, "Come burglarize me, please!!!"   

The maid having left five months ago doesn't necessarily mean the maid was involved as the maid may have just wanted to move to another location/job (people in these types of jobs change jobs/quit all the time), the home owners were not paying her on-time/enough, etc.  

Toss-in an all too typical witnesses/neighbors'  attitude of "Not wanting to get involved" and it makes it easy pickings for any burglar.   

Now the destruction within the house such as punctured ceilings, walls, and trash everywhere could indicate someone had a grudge against owners and/or the burglars where just high on drugs.

Yea, this house was just screaming, "Come burglarize me, please!!!!"

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

Two male burglars on a motorbike were seen coming back and forth from the houses and taking many possessions away, said the victim’s relative and witness Ms. Montha Sukkong. 

This is some relative. Did she not think it was appropriate to tell anyone, or do anything? Really? Is that all she has got to offer? 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, findlay13 said:

My mate got robbed many years ago in Sattahip.He was away for a couple of weeks and when he returned he found his house burgled.The neighbours who knew he was away said they'd "heard noises" but "didn't do anything"

They Never Do, Thai's DO NOT Like to get in Confrontation !!

• Thumbs Up 1