Trump Organization found guilty on multiple counts of criminal tax fraud

webfact

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Utter rubbish. The former disgraced guy is crooked as a dog's hind leg. These cases are based on FACTS, not the emotional attachment his sycophants have.

Really...President Trump wasn't even named as a defendant in this case ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

If this were the only fireworks at the display you might have a point. Or don't you believe that more is coming?

C'mon you have to admit this is embarrassing for the dems, all the talk of Trump behind bars is pretty funny isn't it? Me, I fully expected to Trump himself to be found out for tax fraud.

Anyone of us who uses the long form because of rentals and business and such have done some fuzzy math on our taxes. And, I'd bet Trump has done some extreme fuzzy math, and the highlight out of this is.......................

The Trump Organization could face a maximum of $1.61 million in fines when sentenced in mid-January.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

As an obvious supporter of the disgraced 45, you must either admit you are aware of the traitor's sociopathic need to have his fingers intimately in all his workings, or that you just don't understand his treasonous workings. He owned the company, the buck stops there.

Lots of people own companies...are they responsible for every act of each and every one of their employees. Is that the best you got?

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

C'mon you have to admit this is embarrassing for the dems, all the talk of Trump behind bars is pretty funny isn't it? Me, I fully expected to Trump himself to be found out for tax fraud.

Anyone of us who uses the long form because of rentals and business and such have done some fuzzy math on our taxes. And, I'd bet Trump has done some extreme fuzzy math, and the highlight out of this is.......................

The Trump Organization could face a maximum of $1.61 million in fines when sentenced in mid-January.

I don’t recall any Democrats claiming this case against the Trump organization was going to result in Trump behind bars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Isn't James Clapper's claim to fame "testilying" to Congress when he said the CIA/NSA didn't collect the private personal information of American citizens ???? Not really someone I would quote as an example of personal integrity or trust in government.

James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, denied Tuesday that he lied to Congress when he falsely testified during the Obama administration that the government does “not wittingly” collect the telephone records of millions of Americans. 

https://apnews.com/article/business-33a88feb083ea35515de3c73e3d854ad

I believe him where, in that article, he says he had misunderstood the question. In any case I would have at least hemmed and hawed, because the CIA and NSA are not allowed to collect the personal phone numbers of US citizens resident in the U.S.

Edited by Dustdevil

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

That's the entire principal of being the company owner. Otherwise, people would name themselves owners then put their minions out performing all kinds of crimes, then throw their hands up and say, "I was just the owner, I have no responsibility." Weak tea, buddy. Weak tea.

Apparently the government doesn't share your view as they declined to name the owner of the company in question as a defendant in this case.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Your statement about future cases is certainly hypothetical. This case was nothing but fulfilling a campaign promise by a New York state Democrat Party political hack. Donald Trump has been a business figure in New York state for decades but this case was only brought after he squashed like a bug the Democrat Party heroine Hillary Clinton. President Trump was not a named defendant in this case and has no culpability for any of the actions of those found liable in it.

Even if he signed the checks and explicitly authorized the payments? I'd just say watch this space.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Apparently the government doesn't share your view as they declined to name the owner of the company in question as a defendant in this case.

Again, this was a test case. Now the Jan 6 committee is forwarding criminal referrals to the justice department, and more will follow now that it's been demonstrated 45's teflon is breaking down and sh!t is now sticking to his rotting tangerine hide. The chickens are comin' home to roost. You still haven't explained why you continue to defend this loser. You're backing the wrong horse.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Government prosecutors don't have "test cases," they have "cases" they bring if there is evidence, in their eye, of a crime having been committed. It seems to me you can't get to grips with the fact President Trump was not named as a defendant in this case (because there wasn't evidence of his participation in any of the allegedly fraudulent acts of some employees of the Trump Organization). As for the work of the House Comittee, it will all be flushed town the House lavatories the day the GOP takes over the chamber in January.

Well, not what gets published in the Congressional Record. Which could possibly include Trump's tax returns.