Trump Organization found guilty on multiple counts of criminal tax fraud

webfact

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

The Trump organization lied about the professional qualifications of its instructors. Were a university to do that, they could also be sued. Your nonsense about university degrees being worthless in respect to gaining employment has nothing to do whether or not promises were fulfilled.

This Mother Jones deposition  video is very illuminating regarding Mr. Dump's  veracity

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

A very poor attempt at diversion.

It was not diversion.  It was a response to a post that somehow was using the number of lawsuits against Trump as some sort of litmus test for guilt.  The fact is that the USA is a very litigious society.  Most companies will face hundreds to thousands of lawsuits each year.  All it takes is a $125 in New York to file a lawsuit.  The vast majority of lawsuits are baseless and dismissed so using a count of lawsuits as somehow indicative of guilt is false.  Also settlements are extremely common and again not indicative of guilt.  In a preponderous of instances companies find paying to settle is less costly than paying a settlement fee.  Unfortuntely that breeds the tendency to use lawsuits in the USA as a weapon hoping to extort a settlement out of a company knowing that is their mindset. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Lame false equivalency. That was not the reason for the lawsuit. Additionally, the Trump "University" was not accredited as a University, and its programs were also not accredited

I never said they were accredited.  A huge number of educational programs were not accredited nor do they have to be. 

Does it make it any less fraudulent for an "accredited" university to peddle a degree in Gender Equities or Antropoligy knowing full well the degree is worthless in the job market. 

2 hours ago, riclag said:

No use my friend , no matter how many times you paint the picture that Trump and his family are innocent of wrong doing ,the left refuses to to acknowledge it was another loss in the ,we got him now narrative! Two entities were found to be libel and the prosecutors couldn’t find evidence that tied the family to knowing of the wrong doing.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-organization-entities-found-guilty-all-counts-tax-fraud

Same ole laughing emoji trollers !

You can set a example going forward by discontinuing the child like trolling laugh emoji! 

• Haha 1

A post that had the quoted content altered and a reply has been removed:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 2:52 PM, candide said:

You can post it over and over, it remains a lame false equivalence.

Ok candide.  you go to college and pay over the course of 4 years $100,000 for a degree in Gender Equity Studies or Excercise Science.  The accredited institution is offering them so 'THEY MUST BE WORTHWHILE" 

You then graduate with this degree and go into the job market and find, no they are 'WORTHLESS"  

Tell me you believe that WAS NOT FRAUD. They paid for something on the belief it was worth something when in fact those offering in had full knowledge it had no value in the job market. 

Tell me why they are not prosecuted but only Trump University.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Are these universities promising an education that will get them a job? Are they lying about the academic qualifications their teachers hold to teach those courses?

Trump University lied about the qualifications of his teachers.

Trump university claimed it offered "graduate course, post graduate courses, and doctorates"

Even calling itself a University was a violation of New York law

It engaged in bait and switch schemes

It's claim that the curriculum was developed by Trump was false, It was developed by a third party motivational instruction company

https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump-university-its-worse-than-you-think

I wonder how he got away with it for so long. He wouldn't even get the doors open if it was in my country.

20 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Ok candide.  you go to college and pay over the course of 4 years $100,000 for a degree in Gender Equity Studies or Excercise Science.  The accredited institution is offering them so 'THEY MUST BE WORTHWHILE" 

You then graduate with this degree and go into the job market and find, no they are 'WORTHLESS"  

Tell me you believe that WAS NOT FRAUD. They paid for something on the belief it was worth something when in fact those offering in had full knowledge it had no value in the job market. 

Tell me why they are not prosecuted but only Trump University.

If the university promised that an unwanted degree would lead to a high paying job it might be fraud.  Do any universities give that promise?

If no promises were given, then it is no more fraud than if you go to a store and buy something you don't use.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Trump encourages supporters to dismiss news about his taxes

All presidents in modern history have revealed their taxes to voters to demonstrate transparency.

Now that the former president has lost almost all of his appeals and his attempt at a "stay," the information is being sent to the House committee. It's unclear how swiftly the documents will be leaked, but Trump believes that they'll be publicly posted.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-says-ignore-taxes/

I hope so! I'm ready for a good laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1