Sending money to Thailand

4 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Western Union is an excellent choice. I've used it numerous times. It'll be there before you get home. 

I went and asked in W.U  today and there's no forms to be filled out or anything , just hand the money over and give the name of the person who is going to collect it and in which Country and that's all you need to do .

The recipient can collect it from  any W.U office they like and its up to them to find a W.U office 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The recipient can collect it from  any W.U office they like and its up to them to find a W.U office

I just saw an advert yesterday saying WU collections could now be made at 711's which might make it easier for the recipient.

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I went and asked in W.U  today and there's no forms to be filled out or anything , just hand the money over and give the name of the person who is going to collect it and in which Country and that's all you need to do .

Yep. All they need is the senders name, the amount sent and the confirmation number. Easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, treetops said:

I just saw an advert yesterday saying WU collections could now be made at 711's which might make it easier for the recipient.

That does make it more convenient. Just be sure they have your name right. What I mean is that if the recipient knows you as Joe but WU puts you in the system as Joseph because that's what's on your driver's license (or whatever you give them to prove who you are) then the recipient will be denied because they gave the wrong name. I know it sounds funny but it's a foreign country and they likely don't know the short versions of proper names in the Western world (i.e. Joe/Joseph, Tom/Thomas, Bill/William, etc) 

Good luck. Should be a piece of cake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

That does make it more convenient. Just be sure they have your name right. What I mean is that if the recipient knows you as Joe but WU puts you in the system as Joseph because that's what's on your driver's license (or whatever you give them to prove who you are) then the recipient will be denied because they gave the wrong name. I know it sounds funny but it's a foreign country and they likely don't know the short versions of proper names in the Western world (i.e. Joe/Joseph, Tom/Thomas, Bill/William, etc) 

Good luck. Should be a piece of cake.

Thanks, I was more concerned about getting their name right .

I will write it exactly as it is on their I.D card

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Talk about bring dramatic, thousands of guys every day all over the world send money to bar girls in Thailand, no need to be ashamed

I am paying for a kids school fees and daily dinner money and transport to and from school (and no his mother wasn't a prostitute)

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

oh... read between the lines and use some imagination  .. maybe the response was meant to be ..  "it's much more fun to  HAND the $$ over in person  then you get to see all those smiling faces!

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I can imagine the type of girls you have met and where you met them 

And they are quite expensive…..I use OFX and they charge me five dollars each time and takes the money directly from my bank account in the USA.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

thousands of guys every day all over the world send money to bar girls in Thailand, no need to be ashamed

Yes you shouldn't call them prostitutes Scuba --she is probably just the Cashier who started work yesterday, and now has to look after a sick Buff... .........child.