Locations to Live in Pattaya

AAArdvark

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Its more a voice against all the negativity and single minded who is convinced Isaan is a dead end! 

I dunno, we have a lot of posters who prefer living in Isaan, same as many in our home countries prefer a rural life; and after living in cities, too.

It does matter how you're introduced to it, just as anywhere else. If you just tour a place, that's quite different from being introduced by an insider. And being able to live in a rural area with someone you love is totally different than living there by yourself, as our trolls would do. Makes all the difference, and why shouldn't it? You have a real life.

And the settled expat can lead about the same life in Isaan as in a suburb anywhere, where he probably once settled down back home with his old farang wife that finally couldn't stand him.????Wherever you live, a change of scene is nice sometimes, so you take vacations. Yawn.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackGats said:

It all depends whether you ride a bike. If you do the sky is the limit. If you don't you need to pay for a central location.

VT6 prices mean nothing if you don't know on which side the condo is. If it's on the Naklua side the view is depressing, with the Hilton and the Central festival mall. Plus, from 11am on you live with the noise caused by the Central Festival aircon machines on the roof. The VT6 pool is too cold during the colder months (not enough sun exposure, pool not in contact with the ground).

This year I decided not to rent any condo. I go from hotel to hotel and take sightseeing trips outside Pattaya from time to time. Some people tell me I'm wasting a lot of money paying hotel rates instead of renting long time. But unlike in a hotel, in a condo I need to pay extra for, and worry about, cleaning. Changing places frequently makes up somewhat for not riding a bike in terms of seeing different places.

Getting a cleaner is only about 500 baht. When i stayed in an apartment (not condo) for a while weekly cleaning was included

• Thanks 1

You are obviously located in the Philippines right now according to your own description. Therefore, to move in here longterm you need a proper visa. This implies again then you might have a lot to do with changing your basic data with Immigrations. You move around, you change your adress at the IO or even you move around across various provinces you change the IO itself. Dont underestimate possible headaches that this may cause.

Save yourself a lot of hassle: The very best proposal is to get a bike (if you dont have a license its worth making one -  done in a jiffy) and stay at one fixed adress while looking for the best place to stay longer. Even if you have for some reason decided that it is Pattaya only where you will stay, a bike (not a car) is highly recommended to get started and look around.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Getting a cleaner is only about 500 baht. When i stayed in an apartment (not condo) for a while weekly cleaning was included

500 baht ever other day? VT6 cleaning cost 300 baht/hour if my memory served me right. And was unavailable when the cleaning ladies went back to Burma for a fortnight.

Weekly is not enough in Central Pattaya. I remember my balcony getting covered in soot within 48 hours after cleaning.

9 hours ago, JackGats said:

500 baht ever other day? VT6 cleaning cost 300 baht/hour if my memory served me right. And was unavailable when the cleaning ladies went back to Burma for a fortnight.

Weekly is not enough in Central Pattaya. I remember my balcony getting covered in soot within 48 hours after cleaning.

Yep 500 a day, i see adverts on Facebook. Floors do need sweeping every other day max, maybe do it yourself takes 10 mins max

I would say something around the Soi Buakhao area would cover most of the things that you wanted.  There are a lot of condos for rent all over the Pattaya/Jomtien area.  I would always offer less than the price that is offered.  Might be good to walk around the area you are most interested in and check the lobby.  Some have a list of condos for rent thus bypassing an agent.

22 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Any ideas for a condo/serviced apartment for a month or two - preferably with only a small deposit?

I think a one bed/studio is about 16-18k, a two bed about 30k a month.

https://globaltopgroup.com/pattaya-real-estate-properties/olympus-city-garden-condo-for-sale-pattaya/

i have a friend staying Olympus City Gardens and doesn't like the location, not ideal. Probably best to pick a condo based on a good location, depending on what you plan to do

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2022 at 2:44 PM, hotandsticky said:

I am going to Thailand to visit Buriram for a while....... said nobody - ever.

I went to Buriram (for 12 years) enjoyed it; but I only went there because my partner lived there. When I discovered Bang Saray I didn't live in Buriram anymore.

Did you wish you discovered Bang Saray 12 years earlier?  Do you feel you wasted 12 years of your life in Thailand?  ???? 

Ahhh, the allure pf Issan, I mean, Thai women, is a power force of nature.  ???? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Did you wish you discovered Bang Saray 12 years earlier?  Do you feel you wasted 12 years of your life in Thailand?  ???? 

Ahhh, the allure pf Issan, I mean, Thai women, is a power force of nature.  ???? 

No, not wasted, I did actually enjoy living there. But....I wouldn't have chosen Buriram as a place to live were it not for the fact that my GF lived there. Had I found Bang Saray first, I may well not have made it to Buriram.

On 12/11/2022 at 4:51 AM, jacko45k said:

Not sure about that... many seem to want to get out of town after some years. I always though those remaining in Central Pattaya were those who didn't want to drive and could be seen walking down Arunothai with a shopping bag early morning, and had the odd meal from a 7-11.

Sounds pretty sweet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

Thats how everyone think we live when moving out to Isaan, same as others think everyone who is living in Pattaya abusing girls and drink at the bars every morning and all day long. Some do, but most do not.

You know some 14 yrs ago I visited Isaan with the lady. Same as many before me. I grew up in the country back in US and I thought staying in Isaan was like going back in time and I loved it. It was me who brought up the subject of buying land and we (she) bought 7 rai rice paddy. I was working and making good money. Built a 2 mil house, had a child together. As I neared retirement I decided the life there wasn't for me.

I wanted better schools for the kid and I wanted more scenery than rice fields, poor people and drinking. I set myself up for failure by allowing her mother to live there. 6+ years ago we loaded up my truck with out clothes and MB and moved to a seaside village where I bought a small house 1 km from the beach, It's a 45 min drive to pattaya, I've got restaurants galore around me. The kid has an EP school.

Each to their own but you don't have to live in Isaan to live in the country. It will cost a bit more for the land but in my view it's well worth it. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigStar said:

Why continue asking a question that's been answered a few times already?

Not by you, it has.

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

erhaps you should answer some of the many questions you've ignored. For example, you might go ahead and finally name the 700 businesses that closed when Terminal 21 opened.

Already addressed that.  It was for example purposes, obviously.

So, why do YOU prefer living in Issan?  If it's such a great place for you, it should be an easy enough question to answer.