Locations to Live in Pattaya

AAArdvark

I am planning to move into Pattaya in a condo rental.  What are the names of places (condo name or area) that would provide places that provide this?

Flood free

easy cheap local transportation (Grab, Bolt, walking)

Access to nightlife

Access to supermarkets and or Mall

No car

Condo price> 20K

Just now, Real Name Hidden said:

I lived in View Talay 6 for two years, 26th floor on the Walking Street side.  The condo was beautifully furnished, rent was 24K.  I left because the landlord wanted to raise it to 30K.  That was 10 years ago.

And the exchange rate was at least one third higher than today. Still you get a beer downtown for 70 baht ???? 

• Like 1

The location of View Talay is good, but the noise is not.  Every weekend now there is some event or festival on Beach Road with late blasting music and activities.  Ok for a holiday maybe, but I would never live there.

Like others have said, 1,000's of places.  Try looking at Grand Avenue and the other condos around that area.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Real Name Hidden said:

I lived in View Talay 6 for two years, 26th floor on the Walking Street side.  The condo was beautifully furnished, rent was 24K.  I left because the landlord wanted to raise it to 30K.  That was 10 years ago.

Wow 30k, was that a 2 bedder and how big was it? If that's a 1 bedder that's a ripoff, especially more so for 10 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I'm on the darkside and walk to everything, I literally have chilled shopping mall with tops etc, at my front gate. restaurants, dentists, doctor, bars. 

I don't have these things that close to my front gate. But I understand where you are coming from.

I have Mom & Pop shop 300 metres away. (Just gotta beat the soi dogs off after nightfall.)

Soi Khaotalo, another 200 metres off (and more beating of soi dogs.)

Easy peasy.????????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The smart ones live in Central Pattaya for the convenience to everything, all within walking distance ????????

To each his own, I got tired of living in the middle of a city so choose to live on the outskirts (Wongamat), can be at Central Festival in 20mins/80b with Bolt + we get little to no flooding here.

Somebody mentioned Grand Avenue, suggest they might want to dig out the YouTube videos of when the car park floods there. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2022 at 8:25 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes the script is already written

It's inevitable! In that location I give him no more than 3-4 days before he's got the first one holed up in his condo. Hope it's not a crazy one though, cos that location is a jumper's paradise.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

It's a great place if you want to live in the middle of a very noisy red light district and don't need sleep. And big floods there - no more need to visit Venice.  And then the air quality????????????. Don't just rent there. Buy something there.  Lots of people want to move away.  So a perfect time to buy.

1670716319576.jpg

Flooding occurs darkside, central, maybe Jomtien also but not Pratumnak

• Like 1