Locations to Live in Pattaya

AAArdvark

17 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Minimal flooding only occurs Darkside when the water is running downhill to central Pattaya and accumulating the rubbish from a thousand drains.

Walk in Soi Lengkee during a downpour, good luck.????????

Yeah Khao Talo area seems to be the worst on darkside, floods every year

Screenshot_2022-12-11-15-24-47-065_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, Leaver said:

I concur. 

From there, the OP can plan his move to a village in Issan in the future.  ????

All ready got the offer but rice and cows is not exactly what I want.

On 12/10/2022 at 1:51 PM, jacko45k said:

Not sure about that... many seem to want to get out of town after some years. I always though those remaining in Central Pattaya were those who didn't want to drive and could be seen walking down Arunothai with a shopping bag early morning, and had the odd meal from a 7-11.

They walk up and down that road from Nirun Condo’s to the Big C and often eat at the food court there. It’s older people generally. I think they walk to save on transportation costs.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 1:08 PM, PoorSucker said:

PKCP Condominium fits all your requirements. 

Walking distance to BigC extra and Soi Buakhao. 

Bolt taxi to soi Buakhao is 35 baht. 

I stayed in the Euro next door. Lasted 2 weeks. Could not live with the thump thump of the Thai clubs on 3rd Rd. at 2 am. Is the PKCP better for avoiding the club music? PKCP might be more sheltered by Centerpoint and the Euro. Great location, thats for sure. Thanks.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

On 12/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes the script is already written

As have the same script, thousands of times before.  ????

Aspire to retire in Thailand, living by a beach.  End up living in a rice growing village up north, with no assets in your name.  What a way to see out your twilight years.  ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

You see and think what you want. How I experiense my life compare to what you see and think, is your business and not mine. Isaan life is quite up to each and one, and for me, it something that make me get up in the morning with a smile.

And also perfect base to travel for holidays.

When you first came to Thailand and explored Thailand, did you really go to a village in Issan on your own accord and decided you like it, or were you lead by the nose by a Thai lady?  I mean, who goes to Issan on their first holiday to Thailand? 

As for perfect base for traveling for holidays. travel to where?  International, or domestic? 

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

When you first came to Thailand and explored Thailand, did you really go to a village in Issan on your own accord and decided you like it, or were you lead by the nose by a Thai lady?  I mean, who goes to Issan on their first holiday to Thailand? 

As for perfect base for traveling for holidays. travel to where?  International, or domestic? 

I am going to Thailand to visit Buriram for a while....... said nobody - ever.

I went to Buriram (for 12 years) enjoyed it; but I only went there because my partner lived there. When I discovered Bang Saray I didn't live in Buriram anymore.

40 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I have visited Isan both with girls and travelling many years before I settled there in the very beginning of covid. So no covid, no Isan. And now I have a wife, farm, animals and a good purpose to wake up every morning. Cruising around in Thailand and also visit a few europeen countries and family. 

Isaan is big and diversed, but as said have everything I need and good quality life. Peace of mind

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I would like to find a condo that has a decent sauna and perhaps a decent gym. Any ideas how I can filter the condos in Pattaya by this?

Most newish condos will have a decent gym, but Pattaya has many gyms, also popular saunas in Jomtien such as Sands. If you only want a gym\sauna at a condo then look on Facebook marketplace

19 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I stayed in the Euro next door. Lasted 2 weeks. Could not live with the thump thump of the Thai clubs on 3rd Rd. at 2 am. Is the PKCP better for avoiding the club music? PKCP might be more sheltered by Centerpoint and the Euro. Great location, thats for sure. Thanks.

If you stay south side it's OK. 

The Euro side has the same, but I'm used to it. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, Lucky Bones said:

Walk in Soi Lengkee during a downpour, good luck.????????

I never walk around during downpours anyway. I'm not sure why our Bashers try to pretend they need to lie on the beach during a downpour but can't do because of the flooding a few times a year.

The old phrase about "not enough sense to come out of the rain" comes to mind.

• Like 1