Locations to Live in Pattaya

AAArdvark

On 12/30/2022 at 7:49 AM, EVENKEEL said:

You know some 14 yrs ago I visited Isaan with the lady. Same as many before me. I grew up in the country back in US and I thought staying in Isaan was like going back in time and I loved it. It was me who brought up the subject of buying land and we (she) bought 7 rai rice paddy. I was working and making good money. Built a 2 mil house, had a child together. As I neared retirement I decided the life there wasn't for me.

I wanted better schools for the kid and I wanted more scenery than rice fields, poor people and drinking. I set myself up for failure by allowing her mother to live there. 6+ years ago we loaded up my truck with out clothes and MB and moved to a seaside village where I bought a small house 1 km from the beach, It's a 45 min drive to pattaya, I've got restaurants galore around me. The kid has an EP school.

Each to their own but you don't have to live in Isaan to live in the country. It will cost a bit more for the land but in my view it's well worth it. 

Why would you go to Pattaya in that life situation or care how close it was?

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Why would you go to Pattaya in that life situation or care how close it was?

Pattaya has many things to do for kids, movie theaters, water slides, also good for the old man here to go for a few beers. I wouldn't live in the mix though.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, Lucky Bones said:

I don't have these things that close to my front gate. But I understand where you are coming from.

I have Mom & Pop shop 300 metres away. (Just gotta beat the soi dogs off after nightfall.)

Soi Khaotalo, another 200 metres off (and more beating of soi dogs.)

Easy peasy.????????

There's a new 1, even for Pattaya. How much do the soi dogs charge you to beat them off? ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

There's a new 1, even for Pattaya. How much do the soi dogs charge you to beat them off? ????

Ah....I get it....."beat them off".

Gotta choose my words more carefully in the future!

If I didn't "carry a big stick" I am sure they would charge an arm and a leg.

Vermin they are.????????

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:51 PM, cdemundo said:

To the extent that you had a point to make, I think you have made it by now.

Why not go enjoy the wonderful life you have made for yourself?

Just pointing out that other readers of this forum can learn from your experience. 

Most people that don't end up in Issan do tend to have a wonderful life in Thailand.  ???? 

The vicinity of Soi 12 Pattaya Klang is hard to beat IMO. Quiet, a range of condos, walking distance to Big C Extra, Terminal 21, Central Marina, Central Festival (20 mins stroll). Hospitals and restaurants nearby. One of the best gyms in town (The Brick). 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You impress me as someone who retired lacking proper funds and you found living in Thailand a good solution to retiring on slim funds. You also impress me as someone who lacks the funds to build a dog house so you spend your time making fun at the ones who could afford to build.

Not everyone loves the beach.

I rent a decent condo in Pattaya.  Not a penthouse, but not a shoebox, either.  I have said on many occasions I have not intention of ever buying / building here.

Is one considered as having "proper funds" if they join The Issan House Builders Club?  ????

You impress me as someone who has bowed to their Thai partner's every wish, including land and house that you have no claim on. Indeed, the very example of the farang ATM, which further draws ridicule. 

I have no doubt that you laugh at others, who have done exactly as you have done, because your girl is "different." That's a big club also.   ????

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Key word is "willingly." 

If they are so "willing" why don't they chose to live in Issan when single?  Serious question. 

How many guys would even go to Issan as part of their independent travels around Thailand? 

I am simply questioning how much influence the Thai partner has in their decision making. 

I went to Udon Thani. Boring AF. Prices were not a lot cheaper than Pattaya from what I saw. The bars were terrible.

31 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I rent a decent condo in Pattaya.  Not a penthouse, but not a shoebox, either.  I have said on many occasions I have not intention of ever buying / building here.

Is one considered as having "proper funds" if they join The Issan House Builders Club?  ????

You impress me as someone who has bowed to their Thai partner's every wish, including land and house that you have no claim on. Indeed, the very example of the farang ATM, which further draws ridicule. 

I have no doubt that you laugh at others, who have done exactly as you have done, because your girl is "different." That's a big club also.   ????

I live in a 3/3 house bout 600m from the beach. I only laugh at those who continuously belittle others for their choices, sound familiar.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 12/23/2022 at 11:48 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I stayed in the Euro next door. Lasted 2 weeks. Could not live with the thump thump of the Thai clubs on 3rd Rd. at 2 am. Is the PKCP better for avoiding the club music? PKCP might be more sheltered by Centerpoint and the Euro. Great location, thats for sure. Thanks.

It's better now, The Thai bars have been told to keep the music low now.

My balcony is facing soi3 so I had probably more noise than Euro.

I'm very high up so not sheltered from the noice.

I've lived in Thailand for 17 years so I'm used to it.

Now it's so quiet I can't sleep ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

It's better now, The Thai bars have been told to keep the music low now.

My balcony is facing soi3 so I had probably more noise than Euro.

I'm very high up so not sheltered from the noice.

I've lived in Thailand for 17 years so I'm used to it.

Now it's so quiet I can't sleep ????

Thanks very much for the reply. It just hit me that this is a 6-month-old thread. I asked a similar question on a recent fresh thread. Must get more sleep! LOL

On 1/2/2023 at 8:42 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Pattaya has many things to do for kids, movie theaters, water slides, also good for the old man here to go for a few beers. I wouldn't live in the mix though.

It’s primarily a sex tourism destination. There’s better deals on the stuff you mentioned elsewhere.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1