Arrest warrants out for two Polish suspects in alleged assault and torture of Cambodian woman in Pattaya

webfact

6 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

"That is not possible so I don't know why you plucked that one from the sky as an option".

I'm pretty sure that when us Brits (and any other nationality) applies for a visa (a visa-waiver) to the USA that a CRC (Criminal Record Check) is/or can be carried out. I believe that a drugs conviction can often lead to us being denied.

Apples and Oranges!

That is because there is an agreement between the two first world countries with a high degree of law and order as well as integrity, and by and large, good functioning legal systems..

Can you imagine allowing corrupt Asian police forces into sensitive Western databases?

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:

Earlier this year my brother suffered his first heart attack, and within 2 weeks he had had the bypass operation. I think it depends a lot on the seriousness of the condition.

How long to wait for something like a hip replacement.?

In Australia it could be years through the public health system. That's why most have private insurance.

(Then that Private Health Insurance allows ransom seeking hackers access to records. Just found out my health details are on the dark web!  Luckily, I left the fund some years ago and my details are mostly out of date.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Apples and Oranges!

That is because there is an agreement between the two first world countries with a high degree of law and order as well as integrity, and by and large, good functioning legal systems..

Can you imagine allowing corrupt Asian police forces into sensitive Western databases?

I don't think that a third party actual has access "into" the database. It's that a search is carried out on request to the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). I have requested and had to pay for one myself (job application). Also, a potential employer can do so (for which I think they need our signature/permission).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

How long to wait for something like a hip replacement.?

In Australia it could be years through the public health system. That's why most have private insurance.

(Then that Private Health Insurance allows ransom seeking hackers access to records. Just found out my health details are on the dark web!  Luckily, I left the fund some years ago and my details are mostly out of date.)

Non life-threatening, how long's a piece of string?! In the UK it's also possible to go private and be in within a few weeks. The only problem being is that many people just can't afford to "go private", or pay for health insurance. (I believe a similar situation exists in the USA?).

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I don't think that a third party actual has access "into" the database. It's that a search is carried out on request to the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). I have requested and had to pay for one myself (job application). Also, a potential employer can do so (for which I think they need our signature/permission).

I know about DBS checks as my son (deals with adults with mental health issues) Sister ( deals with kids with severe autism) and my ex wife ( deals with vulnerable elderly ) all have to go through these every so often due to their fields of work.

However, what was suggested would require a PNC check ( Police National computer ) which is different.

I do not believe people travelling internationally are subjected to these in many countries as it would be time consuming nature and costly.

There are checks carried out on passengers flying to Thailand from the UK but I believe this is for passenger lists to ensure people are not blacklisted etc

I am unsure if this applies to all incoming passengers from all countries.

Just now, Scouse123 said:

I know about DBS checks as my son (deals with adults with mental health issues) Sister ( deals with kids with severe autism) and my ex wife ( deals with vulnerable elderly ) all have to go through these every so often due to their fields of work.

However, what was suggested would require a PNC check ( Police National computer ) which is different.

I do not believe people travelling internationally are subjected to these in many countries as it would be time consuming nature and costly.

There are checks carried out on passengers flying to Thailand from the UK but I believe this is for passenger lists to ensure people are not blacklisted etc

I am unsure if this applies to all incoming passengers from all countries.

I was once stopped by a cop at LHR when flying to Bangkok and asked where I was travelling to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

These foreign criminals need to be stopped. More police/ criminal  backgrond checks need to be in place to weed out the bad guys.

The Thais wouldn't want to do anything that might reduce tourism numbers, even by a little bit.

13 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

So you want people to have to submit a police report in order to travel to Thailand on top of all the other ribbish

It can be done for you, and you might just have to sign a piece of paper. You should always declare ANY previous convictions (however minor) (which I believe is the case for an ESTA to the USA). 35 years ago I was fined £200 in court for bringing too many ciggies back from Thailand, that's a very minor offence, but I always write it down when such information is requested.

Edited by Andrew65

7 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

They must think they are big tough men attacking a small woman and dumping acid on her face. I hope when they find them they do the same to them and then cut off their "Polish sausages" and force them down their throats. Men who abuse women or children should have their "private part" removed as a warning to anyone else who ever tries to abuse those weaker than them. Makes me sick to read stories like this. 

Mangy Dogs don't behave like these Cowardly Scumbags.

I do hope they are found & tortured in the same manner they tortured the poor defenceless young lady Grrrr !!!!

46 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

So you want people to have to submit a police report in order to travel to Thailand on top of all the other ribbish

A few Visas have that requirement already..O-A  for example. At the moment, for Visa Exempt, they need submit nothing bar a passport... it really is that easy. So what is all this other ribbish?

7 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

No, never.

Thailand has become a safe heaven for criminals from all over the world.

Visa free, visa on arrival for nationals of 60 or more countries!

anyone who brings money in to spend is welcome, no questions asked.  

Edited by malibukid

7 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Were their home country criminal records checked before they were let into Thailand?

3 hours ago, Harveyboy said:
7 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Thailand has become a safe heaven for criminals from all over the world.

Visa free, visa on arrival for nationals of 60 or more countries!

yes a dumping ground for the worlds criminal scum.

What do you expect if Thailand's major income is derived from Tourism ( AKA prostitution, drugs and fraud).

And it's only going to get worse 

There are plenty of more Scumbags like these on their way.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Earlier this year my brother suffered his first heart attack, and within 2 weeks he had had the bypass operation. I think it depends a lot on the seriousness of the condition.

the best way to get treatment is to lie down on a zebra crossing in the center of London........

"An Interpol arrest warrant is being sought for the criminal duo who departed Thailand two days later for the Philippines.  "

but unfortunately the jury is still out deciding whether the PNP is more or less corrupt and incompetent than the RTP.

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

"That is not possible so I don't know why you plucked that one from the sky as an option".

I'm pretty sure that when us Brits (and any other nationality) applies for a visa (a visa-waiver) to the USA that a CRC (Criminal Record Check) is/or can be carried out. I believe that a drugs conviction can often lead to us being denied.

Yes. Even Canadians have reported they could not enter the USA ( in old days you could drive in with a drivers license) with a minor marijuana charge. Hopefully that has changed. They used to go back 20 years and find these offenses. 

6 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Yes. If you have leadership experience you find 3 percent cause 90 percent of serious problems. Not every bad apple has an arrest record but I guarantee these didn't come from Poland like upstanding altar boys then suddenly start taking errands in Thailand torturing and disfiguring a woman for life with acid. 

Criminal checks are desperately needed.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Muzzique said:

What do you expect if Thailand's major income is derived from Tourism ( AKA prostitution, drugs and fraud).

And it's only going to get worse 

There are plenty of more Scumbags like these on their way.

hope the F not but sadly think you may be right ..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

They must think they are big tough men attacking a small woman and dumping acid on her face. I hope when they find them they do the same to them and then cut off their "Polish sausages" and force them down their throats. Men who abuse women or children should have their "private part" removed as a warning to anyone else who ever tries to abuse those weaker than them. Makes me sick to read stories like this. 

Sounds like you wouldn't have the same tone if a man was the victim.

Just now, 2009 said:

Sounds like you wouldn't have the same tone if a man was the victim.

Women and children ALWAYS will take priority as they are weaker and more vulnerable. Yes, I'd feel bad for anyone this sort of thing happened to but I find your comment odd. Men are men and should be able to take care of themselves. Not the same with women and children.