Thai PM urged to find ways to prevent collapse of House meetings

webfact

image.jpeg

House Speaker Chuan Leekpai has urged Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to meet with leaders of coalition parties to discuss ways to prevent the collapse of House meetings.

He also urged all MPs to attend the meetings, so that bills pending in the House can be processed before the end of the parliamentary term on March 23rd.

Citing the current political uncertainty, Chuan said that he has no idea if or when the House will be dissolved by the prime minister before the end of its four-year term.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-pm-urged-to-find-ways-to-prevent-collapse-of-house-meetings/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-12-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bob smith said:

i've heard tanks are being moved around the provinces and the public are being told not to be alarmed.

they said something very similar back in 2014.

this guy ain't for going quietly! 

Bit of a premature ejaculation there Bob.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

i've heard tanks are being moved around the provinces and the public are being told not to be alarmed.

To prevent to loose the new elections, as it seems, I would not be surprised that there will be another coup. a thrwoback again for the country, but the army must stay in power at all costs, a democracy for the people is not done. Too dangerous for certain people

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He also urged all MPs to attend the meetings

"Urged".

Prayut issues many orders every day.

Surely he can order the MPs/Senator to Parliament?

Get the RTP/RTA/ISOC to round up these wayward legislators. Surely they are violating their oath of office, and several dozen other laws?

I think most are simply bored, and choose to sleep at home rather than in Parliament? And they are waiting for the next "act" in this silly sequel of Thai-style Democracy.

putin-sed-696x436.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

any tanks movements will be well out of the control of the ex-military buffoon and pretend politician playing PM, there bigger fish than him in control now.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

To prevent to loose the new elections, as it seems, I would not be surprised that there will be another coup. a thrwoback again for the country, but the army must stay in power at all costs, a democracy for the people is not done. Too dangerous for certain people

Biggest difference this time around is that there is no moral authority to support the coup. A world of difference. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Biggest difference this time around is that there is no moral authority to support the coup. A world of difference. 

Actually, nothing has changed at all since those days.

Don't be fooled.