Critics split over AVATAR sequel - The Way of Water

Social Media

The advertising blurb I read doesn't make me want to rush out to see it, though as I haven't seen anything on offer worthwhile for months I may go just to remember what seeing a proper movie is like.

It's been a desert of movies to see recently. Loads of woke remakes if that takes your interest, but I dislike paying to be annoyed.

When the 1st ones are so good, sequels are tough to match, or meet expectations.  Few have succeeded in doing so.  Terminator & Aliens are 2 that did.  First sequels anyway.

I'll wait for the torrent, especially since it's 3 hrs long, someone posted.  Must see for the wife, keeps asking when.

• Like 1

I saw it the other day. Three hours is a bit long, but the special effects are amazing. It's supposed to be even better in 3D.

It really does give the impression of looking at real underwater scenery and sea life. Even if they are imaginary creatures.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

When the 1st ones are so good, sequels are tough to match, or meet expectations.  Few have succeeded in doing so.  Terminator & Aliens are 2 that did.  First sequels anyway.

I'll wait for the torrent, especially since it's 3 hrs long, someone posted.  Must see for the wife, keeps asking when.

Certainly agree with you, its tough to match the original, but I thought Top Gun Maverick did it and also the John Wick series are also very good?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Certainly agree with you, its tough to match the original, but I thought Top Gun Maverick did it and also the John Wick series are also very good?

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

When these movies are made for the full theatre experience, some despair at 'waiting for the torrent' for tv viewing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Last John Wick wasn't as good as previous, and the next one is taking so long to come out I'll have forgotten what happened in the original.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I was in USA Sept 2022 where I saw an Avatar movie. Which one was that?

OK so what I saw was the re-release of original Avatar. Couldn't understand why it was so much like original ahahaa.

I'll watch the next one as well. A movie doesn't cost much and I like the big screen experience.

On 12/17/2022 at 4:35 PM, phetphet said:

I saw it the other day. Three hours is a bit long, but the special effects are amazing. It's supposed to be even better in 3D.

It really does give the impression of looking at real underwater scenery and sea life. Even if they are imaginary creatures.

3D is the most annoying thing ever created, I avoid it at all cost.......2 thumbs down