Buying pepper spray in Thailand

4 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Jesus Christ,,????I've just ordered one, that won't be leaving the bedroom..

I had a bear spray blow back in my face in my alley, I was testing it out as it was old. The eyes weren’t the worse thing, it was trying to breathe.

I last bought some at Chaengwattans government centre. They had it in a shop near Police Immigration. Before that,  in the old location of Immigration, I used to buy it in the old police uniforms shop across the road. But I've noticed in Bangkok that it is much harder to buy than 10 years ago. 

There are lots of dog deterrent torchlight things on the market.

Some are ultra-sound types others emit a flashing led light and a sound very similar to a stun-gun/taser.

He uses it when he rides his bike and swears that every time he has had to use it even the most vicious and crazed dog had fled instantly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

There are lots of dog deterrent torchlight things on the market.

Some are ultra-sound types others emit a flashing led light and a sound very similar to a stun-gun/taser.

He uses it when he rides his bike and swears that every time he has had to use it even the most vicious and crazed dog had fled instantly.

Any idea where to buy?

17 hours ago, ujayujay said:

This forum is developing into a paradise for stupid animal abusers..... shameful....

So you go forth, walk amongst the Soi dogs, get bit as you try to be docile and talk softly to them.  As a retired canine trainer, walk softly but carry a big stick...... get back to us on how you fare walking through a group if sou dogs who run up on you.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Buy from Lazada a stun gun zapper thing. You don't need to near the dogs, just press the button and the dogs run away from the sound and no one gets hurt 

Had one for years, only works on some dogs, some it makes more aggressive, others no affect at all. Metal expanding rod is the best, they don't like it up 'em.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:47 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I went with a telescopic batton in the end, i keep it in a waist band, haven't needed to pull it out yet. A stick is too visibly hostile

Both!   Sometimes I carry my CP99 ...  yeah my friend had many bites = not nice..