Bolt Taxi in Pattaya

Danderman123

8 hours ago, luckyblock token said:

hello, 

does anybody know the fare pattaya, naklua to Nana with bold, 

cheaper than the regular taxis??

thanks

If you plug your route into Bolt you'll get a price.  I just entered Terminal 21 to Nana Plaza and an economy car came in at 1,373 THB.  A metered taxi would be more I believe and a private taxi maybe a little less.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, Toby1947 said:

What a ridiculous statement, ever hear of the London black cab knowledge this takes years of studying to achieve a license. Something I doubt a cleaver Dick like you would be likely to achieve 

Agrmeed..My Nephew is a black cab driver...took more than 2 years to get his license....He had to sit in  a chair in a room and answer questions on how to get from and  to anywhere in London.. Plus know the exact dropping off point.

On 12/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, Toby1947 said:

What a ridiculous statement, ever hear of the London black cab knowledge this takes years of studying to achieve a license. Something I doubt a cleaver Dick like you would be likely to achieve 

Totally redundant now with SatNav's and even Google Maps on a phone.  What's passing that test truly worth now - zero. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 9:02 PM, Leaver said:

Totally redundant now with SatNav's and even Google Maps on a phone.  What's passing that test truly worth now - zero. 

Truly worth a genuine and legal licence. By the way the first ever winner of Master Mind was a London Cabbie just thought I'd give you a little knowledge 

36 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Truly worth a genuine and legal licence. By the way the first ever winner of Master Mind was a London Cabbie just thought I'd give you a little knowledge 

Nancy Wilkinson? She was a teacher and spook!

4 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Fred Housego - apparently it was 1980 when he won and the series started in 72. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Bolt has practically collapsed in Pattaya, no idea why. It is usual for Bolt taxis to all be busy, sometimes even in the afternoon.

The police were giving them a hard time a week or two ago... perhaps quite a few drivers have packed it in. Pretty busy around town yesterday....

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:18 PM, Danderman123 said:

Bolt has practically collapsed in Pattaya, no idea why. It is usual for Bolt taxis to all be busy, sometimes even in the afternoon.

I know two Thais that drive sometimes for Bolt here in Pattaya. Both want to give up. They don't earn much. Every motorbike taxi is more expensive. Mostly they don't get tips. And then the traffic jams here in Pattaya. A customer orders them. When driving to the customer they stand in a traffic jam and after a while the customer cancels. And every day they have to clean the car. A lot of work for nothing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I know two Thais that drive sometimes for Bolt here in Pattaya. Both want to give up. They don't earn much. Every motorbike taxi is more expensive. Mostly they don't get tips. And then the traffic jams here in Pattaya. A customer orders them. When driving to the customer they stand in a traffic jam and after a while the customer cancels. And every day they have to clean the car. A lot of work for nothing. 

A lot of the Bolt taxis use the sat nav, some know the rat runs to avoid the congestion, we went to Pratunmack Beach the other week from near Klang with a Bolt taxi, it took over 40 minutes yet the fare was only 110 baht, the driver could have avoided the congestion on 3rd road but stuck to his sat nav. On the way back the driver knew all the rat runs so avoided all the congestion, less than 10 minutes.

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A lot of the Bolt taxis use the sat nav, some know the rat runs to avoid the congestion, we went to Pratunmack Beach the other week from near Klang with a Bolt taxi, it took over 40 minutes yet the fare was only 110 baht, the driver could have avoided the congestion on 3rd road but stuck to his sat nav. On the way back the driver knew all the rat runs so avoided all the congestion, less than 10 minutes.

This is not allways that easy. But now calculate the costs that the driver has. Depending on the car and financing every Kilometer costs him about 7 to 10 Baht. And he has to drive to you and drive with you. Often they lose money.

Bolt has the advantage that many drivers only see the fuel costs as their costs. The don't see the devaluation of the car and repairs and service and cleaning. Didn't mention now tax and insurance because they will use the car for private purposes too. 

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Bolt is nonfunctional even during the day, so it seems to be a problem with lack of drivers, not so much too many customers.

Different sides of the same coin... Any idea who/how manages the pricing of bolt to keep demand and supply somehow in balance? The rates for car rides are ridiculously cheap, wonder if supply would improve if rates increased reasonably. I would think 50% increase to price level these days had little impact to demand. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think as the cars are all private the drivers use their cars for extra income but they are not making as much they thought they would mostly due to the congestion in central Pattaya. We have been stuck in traffic a few times but the driver didn’t ask for more than the agreed fare. One was also a motor bike taxi driver, after being stuck in congestion for nearly an hour he said he was going to dump the car at home and go out on his bike.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Because they have some nearer than you, they can select their pick ups.

One confirmed today who was only 4 min away and was leaving his location. Took me about 3 min to get downstairs, by which time Bolt was sending me a "looking for another driver" message. It didn't find one, so I cancelled and rode my motorbike instead. Lesson: look for a Bolt far ahead of the time it's really needed. 

• Like 1

Wednesday afternoon, couldn't get a driver to accept from Pratamnak to Central Festival. Definitely can't blame them because the traffic is just ridiculous now even during the day and in the middle of the week. Hopefully low low season comes soon and things get better.

• Like 2