Bolt Taxi in Pattaya

Danderman123

In the world that I live - - being a taxi driver does not necessarily translate to a job w/people having the highest IQ... of course there are exceptions. 

Though I do not expect that to be one of the drivers expected talents... you might want to ask them where the best noodle soup can be found... or a ... 

55 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

What a ridiculous statement, ever hear of the London black cab knowledge this takes years of studying to achieve a license. Something I doubt a cleaver Dick like you would be likely to achieve 

yo Wally - I did say there were exceptions... though based on your comprehension... 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

What a ridiculous statement, ever hear of the London black cab knowledge this takes years of studying to achieve a license.

Good for you. Enjoy London.

Here a BOLT qualifies by being able to handle two mobile devices for navigation and handling next job at the same time while at the wheel like I experienced in Phuket.

The Phuket BOLD experience was bad both ways. On return I got nervous to miss my flight because I was arsed for 20 min.

My friend in Jomtien though never complained.

Last night (Saturday), we decided to eat at the Robin Hood Tavern in the Avenue, so I tried Bolt but the prices were very high compared with normal and the waiting times very long (this was around 7:30 PM). In the end, I settled on the Economy option but as soon as I pressed Confirm the app told me that all the cars were booked, so not much use. I switched to Grab, and not only were their prices lower than Bolt but a car arrived within 10 minutes. The return journey two hours later was easier, much less waiting and cheaper fares. I went for the Luxury option and got a Mazda CX-5 (I'd have preferred a Merc, lol) for the same price I paid for a Honda City from Grab, but that seems to be a reflection of the time you're trying to book a car rather than anything else, as on the journey to the Avenue Grab's fares  had actually been cheaper than Bolt's quotes. I must download that third app and give them a go as well, does anyone remember what it's called?

Edited by Guderian

Much, much worse in Bangkok. I couldn't get a single Bolt to come to this area (Sukhumvit Soi 11). And not a single taxi here accepts to use the meter.

A taxi I bargained down to 100 Baht to bring me to the Makkasan Airport Link maliciously dropped me in the middle of nowhere (a fish market). I had to pay a tuk-tuk 350 Baht to get me out of there. The hotel has a shuttle tuk-tuk to Nana BTS but surprise surprise, the shuttle is "out of order" they said. The hotel has a "transport service" but this only serves to add another scamming layer (I was quoted 2500 Baht for a death trap minivan one-way ride to Hua-Hin!).

Bangkok will never see me again, not even for a single day, if I can help it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

15 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Googled it and it looks like they only operate in Pukhet.

Also in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.  We use it in CM often.

Odd that they would be in CM, BKK, and Phuket but not in Pattaya....then again, there are so many local fiefdoms in Thailand, who knows.

Edited by TheAppletons

3 hours ago, JackGats said:

(Sukhumvit Soi 11). And not a single taxi here accepts to use the meter.

Wander down to Sukhumvit and flag one down, I never bother with taxis sitting waiting (unless official taxi rank in other areas) especially in Soi 11.

• Like 1

"InDrive" is it a new taxi hailing service? Is it available in Pattaya? Grab prices in Pattaya are more than bolt but accepts CC whereas bolt is only cash. My max bolt charge for a month in Pattaya was approximately 6,000 baht and the minimum as 2,000 baht. I use bolt for all my travels inside Pattaya. Wanted to buy or rent a car, but found bolt is far cheaper that any other alternatives for in-town travel. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Thumbs Up 1