iPhone app for wifi calling America - recommendation?

sagra

https://www.tossabledigits.com/memberlogin/?f=logout

I have been using this company for five years Every Virtual Number Includes Every Feature

Explore All of Our Features

Call Recording

Record Every Call, Free. Never wonder again what someone said on your calls.

Learn More about Call Recording

Voicemail

Unlimited Voicemail. Custom greetings or use one of our pre-recorded messages. Each Virtual Number can have a unique configuration.

Learn More about Voicemail

Mobile App

Tossable Digits works without an App, but we have one anyway. It makes using SMS and Outdial easier. Features Contacts Integration & Push Notifications.

Learn More about Mobile App

Call Rules

Set rules to handle calls differently based on the caller's CallerID. Send specific numbers straight to Voicemail without ringing on your phone.

Learn More about Call Rules

Do Not Disturb

Based on the time of day, we can forward calls or just send them straight to Voicemail when you don't want to take calls.

Learn More about Do Not Disturb

RoboCall Blocking

Nobody likes RoboCalls. We block them so you aren't bothered. You can unblock numbers with Call Rules.

Learn More about RoboCall Blocking

Outdial

Return calls so that your Virtual Number shows up on their CallerID, keeping your real number private.

Learn More about Outdial

SMS Text Messaging*

Send and receive SMS Text Messages on our website or on your phone, no app necessary.

Learn More about SMS Text Messaging*

SMS Short Codes*

Used for verifications, contests, and marketing communication, a Short Code in the US and Canada is a 5 to 6 digit SMS number used to send and receive business-related SMS messages to mobile phones.

Learn More about SMS Short Codes*

IVR: Interactive Voice Response

Greet callers and ask them to select an option from a custom greeting menu, such as 'Press 1 for Sales.' Calls are routed based on their selection. Also called Auto Attendant, Phone Tree, or Call Tree.

Learn More about IVR: Interactive Voice Response

Call Announce

Before you are connected with a caller, hear a short message letting you know it is from your Virtual Number.

Learn More about Call Announce

Call Forwarding

Forward calls made to your Virtual Numbers to your phone or any phone you like. Each Virtual Number can be configured differently.

Learn More about Call Forwarding

CallerID Control

You control the CallerID we send to your phone when we forward a call. We can send the Caller's CallerID, your Virtual Number as CallerID, or block CallerID entirely.

Learn More about CallerID Control

Screening

We will ask Callers to say their name before forwarding the call, giving you a chance to decide if you want to take their call or not.

Learn More about Screening

Two-Factor Authentication

Add additional security to your account using an app-based Two-Factor Authentication, further protecting your phone numbers from unauthorized access.

Learn More about Two-Factor Authentication

9 hours ago, sagra said:

I looked at Skype again. You are right! Not bad. Got the app. I signed up, got a US number, etc. All good now. Sure appreciate your help. Big thanks!!!

Great Choice! I have used it both for personal use and business for more than 15 years. It has great qualities and have ust got better over the years.

10 hours ago, sagra said:

I looked at Skype again. You are right! Not bad. Got the app. I signed up, got a US number, etc. All good now. Sure appreciate your help. Big thanks!!!

Might be a bit late as you've already subscribed to Skype. You mentioned communicating with Europe. You will be aware that receiving SMS is a hurdle with VOIP services. Skype allows US numbers to receive SMS when sent from US or Canadian numbers only. I'm from UK and need to receive SMS mainly from UK but also from elsewhere. I found the solution is 'VYKE'. For $16 USD per annum you can rent a mobile 'phone number from a choice of 6 Countries (including USA). Calls to US are charged at 1.2 cents per minute, SMS 5 cents each. No charge to receive either voice calls or SMS.  

18 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Might be a bit late as you've already subscribed to Skype. You mentioned communicating with Europe. You will be aware that receiving SMS is a hurdle with VOIP services. Skype allows US numbers to receive SMS when sent from US or Canadian numbers only. I'm from UK and need to receive SMS mainly from UK but also from elsewhere. I found the solution is 'VYKE'. For $16 USD per annum you can rent a mobile 'phone number from a choice of 6 Countries (including USA). Calls to US are charged at 1.2 cents per minute, SMS 5 cents each. No charge to receive either voice calls or SMS.  

Wow! Quite interesting. Thank you! I will look into that. I only paid for one month for Skype. Have a good holiday!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Easy question to answer.  SKYPE!  You can get a US-based phone number so people from the US can call you, and you can call them toll-free from here in Thailand on a plan that costs just a few dollars a month.

The connections are usually fine with no static or dropped calls.

If you have certain people you chat with frequently like family and friends, and they have a facebook account, Facebook Messenger is totally free.  The connections are just as good as Skype, though you can not have your own number for strangers to be able to call you (like if you have a business in the US that you want customer to be able to reach you).

I have both and use Messenger most of the time just to chat with friends, and then if I need to reach anyone I dont already know on Facebook, then I use Skype.

So, bet BOTH!  And it doesn't matter what country you want to reach on Skype.  I have contacted people all over the world with Skype and there's no per-minute charges, and call quality is always superb.