Musk sets up Twitter poll asking if he should step down as head

webfact

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

After 20 minutes of polling, when the yes vote gained a double-digit lead, Musk responded to a suggestion that he had already picked a new CEO, saying: “No one wants the job who can actually keep Twitter alive. There is no successor.”

Oops, that must have bruised his narcissistic ego.

More interesting was a u turn highlighted in the article. 

“He also walked back the site’s latest policy controversy, after Twitter announced that it would remove accounts that offered “free promotion of certain social media platforms”.

Musk said the policy would be adjusted to affect only accounts whose “primary purpose is promotion of competitors, which essentially falls under the no spam rule”.

Maybe you should heed the poll results musk. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Punctuation error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I'm guessing Musk's hand picked new CEO will trigger them even worse. Much speculation it will be Jared Kushner which would be a genius move. No flies on Musk, indeed!

Not even Kushner is dim enough to take on that job. Musk will have to find another scapegoat.

• Like 1

Elon Musk is asking Twitter’s users to decide if he should stay in charge of the social media platform after acknowledging he made a mistake Sunday in launching new speech restrictions that banned mentions of rival social media websites.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-twitter-inc-technology-business-8dac8ae023444ef9c37ca1d8fe1c14df?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_06

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bendejo said:

He needs to hire someone with experience running a high-profile social media company.

I know just the man for him, Devin Nunes!  Impeccable MAGA credentials!

Devin Nunes.jpg

Just look at him!

Very presidential. Maybe he could get some of his cows elected to the House. They couldn't be any worse than he. He has the litigious MAGA credentials.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Coming soon. Everyone who voted yes gets banned from Twitter. 

In fact, I can't see why they haven't just left already.  Leave it to the Musk Rats.

Problem is the world needs Twitter. In my opinion it is the only social platform which the world does need. Either Twitter or others like it. The problem with social media sites is that first in best dressed gets the users because people don't want to waste their time posting to several different platforms to get exposure.

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think he has planned to step down from Twitter and put up this carefully crafted marketing ploy to be seen as congenial to the public. He know full that the public sentiment is negatively against him. He simply can't manage well all the companies spread out throughout the world. Simply put he has bitten more than he can chew. Tesla is floundering and he still have startup Neuralink and his tunneling firm to manage. He is stretching himself thin and he now knows it. 

I have my doubts about Neuralink too. Musk will probably be bankrupt before that comes to fruition.

Musk told the Wall Street Journal that Neuralink hoped to implant its device in human brains sometime in 2022. However, he has made similar predictions in the past that proved overly optimistic — including in 2019, when he said during a presentation that the device would be in human skulls by the following year.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/1/20/is-musks-brain-implant-company-moving-closer-to-human-trials

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think he has planned to step down from Twitter and put up this carefully crafted marketing ploy to be seen as congenial to the public. He know full that the public sentiment is negatively against him. He simply can't manage well all the companies spread out throughout the world. Simply put he has bitten more than he can chew. Tesla is floundering and he still have startup Neuralink and his tunneling firm to manage. He is stretching himself thin and he now knows it. 

A month or two ago there was an article (in Atlantic, maybe?) saying he was somewhat of a go-between for Putin in Ukraine.  The day after that was published he distanced himself from it, issued a statement.  So yes, I think he hangs on to what's being reported about him with the same zeal as DT and responds even sillier at times.

So, the world needs a new Twitter, let the contenders line up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Me talking is not what he has to worry about:

Third-largest Tesla stock owner says Elon Musk should step down as CEO

Indonesian billionaire KoGuan Leo, the third-largest individual shareholder of electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla, is demanding CEO Elon Musk step down.

Leo accuses the eccentric billionaire of focusing too heavily on Twitter, the social media site recently purchased by Musk for over $44 billion.

"Elon abandoned Tesla and Tesla has no working CEO," Leo wrote Wednesday on Twitter. "Tesla needs and deserves to have working full time CEO."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/third-largest-tesla-stock-owner-141143515.html

He doesn't strike me as the type to lose too much sleep over that.

• Haha 1