Jeremy Clarkson says he is 'horrified' over Meghan column

Scott

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Can we please stop giving this wretched, dysfunctional family oxygen? A king that wanted to be a tampon, a pedophile prince. I rest my case.

Agree with you on that and although the late Queen was, IMO, an admirable person, Prince Philip was a racist bigot and the whole family has outlived its usefulness, and as for Charles becoming King, well this was in my local paper and I totally agree with it: –

"King Charles' pen tantrums expose him as an overindulged man-child.......
There is no escaping that the new King is a man who has been waited on hand and foot his entire life.
But a new video showing the King having – another – tantrum while on the job raises the question, is he something of an overindulged man-child?".

In fact I would call him a silly old duffer and that's being kind. 

Back on track, I think Meghan has cunningly snaffled herself a Prince who is too silly to understand what she's all about, but on the downside, she didn't realise what she had let herself in for........... Som nam na Meghan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Agree with you on that and although the late Queen was, IMO, an admirable person, Prince Philip was a racist bigot and the whole family has outlived its usefulness, and as for Charles becoming King, well this was in my local paper and I totally agree with it: –

"King Charles' pen tantrums expose him as an overindulged man-child.......
There is no escaping that the new King is a man who has been waited on hand and foot his entire life.
But a new video showing the King having – another – tantrum while on the job raises the question, is he something of an overindulged man-child?".

In fact I would call him a silly old duffer and that's being kind. 

Back on track, I think Meghan has cunningly snaffled herself a Prince who is too silly to understand what she's all about, but on the downside, she didn't realise what she had let herself in for........... Som nam na Meghan.

The Queen was the glue holding the whole Royal shtick together, the rest are overprivileged and spoilt.

At least Meghan is easy on the eye, YMMV.

As an Australian, I just wish we  would grow up. The Royals are about as relevant to us as snowshoes would be to an Ethiopian.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The Queen was the glue holding the whole Royal shtick together, the rest are overprivileged and spoilt.

As an Australian, I just wish we  would grow up. The Royals are about as relevant to us as snowshoes would be to an Ethiopian.

That's been the case since 1975 when the GG fired Whitlam while claiming the Queen didn't know which later proved to be untrue. They blew a head gasket because 25 years of right wing rule came to an end. How to alienate 15 million people in a heartbeat.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

There is no doubt that, within context, the treatment of Meghan has been unfair and created from racism and our innate British fondness for b

ootlicking deference and servility.

But to use this debate as a means of widening the scope of the discussion does not confer approval to the treatment she has received.

And what 'treatment' was that- the jewels, the wedding, the 10 bedroom cottage on a palace grounds, the constant servants 24/7, the public adoration...  

Truly she went in with eyes totally shut, expecting to bring her progressive and modern agenda along.  Didn't happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

And what 'treatment' was that- the jewels, the wedding, the 10 bedroom cottage on a palace grounds, the constant servants 24/7, the public adoration...  

Truly she went in with eyes totally shut, expecting to bring her progressive and modern agenda along.  Didn't happen. 

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of the royal family, but I hate racism and unfairness even more.

This article is a bit of an eye-opener, showing just how unfairly Megan has been treated by the UK press. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of the royal family, but I hate racism and unfairness even more.

This article is a bit of an eye-opener, showing just how unfairly Megan has been treated by the UK press. 

No doubt the press was nasty. Then again, it was ALSO nasty to Kate Middleton in the beginning.  Here is an article from Buzzfeed about it....

Her phone was hacked 155 times by one tabloid reporter at the now-defunct News of the World. She and her sister, Pippa, were nicknamed the “Wisteria Sisters'' due to their perceived social climbing. Paparazzi took photos up her skirt when she entered and exited vehicles. Endless stories citing anonymous sources were published about how members of the royal family, including the Queen, disapproved of her relationship with William.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/kate-middleton-media-tabloid-press-prince-william-dating

Meghan was just next in line for the treatment. Not defending it, just saying that it was par for the course for anyone joining the Family.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Just to point out, not everyone agrees with you that she is mocking British royalty or its traditions in that clip.

When I did a Google search, the first article I found actually starts out by saying:

And then goes on to state:

Meghan Markle curtsy remarks

I would agree with the characterisation in the article. Has it occurred to you that maybe you're the one misinterpreting it?

Maybe you should subscribe to Grazia?

2 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

The reason why Meghan is hated are as follows

Meghan is American and not from the British Aristicracy

Her black ancestry

Unconvential family relations. Which goes against the Royal Family appearance of a pure and clean image. 

Proffesion as  an actor. 

She goes against Royal Traditions

She is blamed for the royal split. 

I bet you don't have a link to back all that carp up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Then tell yer mates and have them voted out next time so you can stop whinging.

Edited by nauseus

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

There is no doubt that, within context, the treatment of Meghan has been unfair and created from racism and our innate British fondness for bootlicking deference and servility.

But to use this debate as a means of widening the scope of the discussion does not confer approval to the treatment she has received.

No doubt IYOO.

30 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

No doubt the press was nasty. Then again, it was ALSO nasty to Kate Middleton in the beginning.  Here is an article from Buzzfeed about it....

Her phone was hacked 155 times by one tabloid reporter at the now-defunct News of the World. She and her sister, Pippa, were nicknamed the “Wisteria Sisters'' due to their perceived social climbing. Paparazzi took photos up her skirt when she entered and exited vehicles. Endless stories citing anonymous sources were published about how members of the royal family, including the Queen, disapproved of her relationship with William.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/kate-middleton-media-tabloid-press-prince-william-dating

Meghan was just next in line for the treatment. Not defending it, just saying that it was par for the course for anyone joining the Family.   

It's not a rite of passage, it's a nasty, bullying and shameful way for the UK press to behave irrespective of who is on the receiving end. 

The palace should have stamped it out with Diana, and offered support to Kate and Meghan. They are not powerless here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This celeb story appears to be dominating much of the UK press, relegating to obscurity such things as the dire economy, untrammeled illegal migration, the Brexit extraction problems, sky-high energy prices, the unprecedented spike in long-term sickness claimants and the Russia-Ukraine war.

The Roman-era concept of 'bread and circuses' springs to mind.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

This celeb story appears to be dominating much of the UK press, relegating to obscurity such things as the dire economy, untrammeled illegal migration, the Brexit extraction problems, sky-high energy prices, the unprecedented spike in long-term sickness claimants and the Russia-Ukraine war.

The Roman-era concept of 'bread and circuses' springs to mind.

Well H&M certainly seem to be making a lot of bread out of this circus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I bet you don't have a link to back all that carp up!

I will give you the first link

Meghan is to American

Meghan can be a 500 per cent nightmare,' some close friends of Harry are among the first to admit. 'The never-ending PR. She's just so . . . American!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9726785/Prince-William-called-Meghan-Markle-bloody-woman-treated-staff-badly.html

• Haha 2

At least he didn't ask her where she was from as that would have been racist.   

Well done Clarkson for not actually apologising, and well done in advance to Amazon for (probably) renewing Clarksons farm, Grand Tour etc and not bowing down to the mob who love to see people lose their jobs, especially when they have the temerity to make jokes that those without a sense of humour will never be able to understand in this lifetime or the next.    At least he is punching up, can't get much higher up than royalty now can we?

• Like 2