4 AM Closing Time for Nightspots in Tourism Areas Postponed Indefinitely

snoop1130

Just now, cookie1974 said:

your obviously not a tourist not everyone has a mug of cocoa and goes to bed at 10pm 

And not every tourist is a 22 year old from the West, The majority are Malaysians, followed by Indians and Russians...

Anyhow, not sure why we need a rule change, the 2am closing time is mostly ignored anyhow.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Great decision. And you always read that the police in Pattaya checks that the 2 o'clock closing time is observed and that they make raids. The reality in Central Pattaya is that for instance at Tree Town a bigger bar makes live concerts every night at least until 3 am. And this at a volume that the police station at the beach road for sure can hear it. And I didn't check how many other bars were still open. 

I think in the media we get the impression that much is done. But in reality it seems to be business as usual and nobody cares. Otherwise such extremely noisy open air concerts cannot happen every night even after the legal closing time. And this also clearly shows that the entertainment venues have no fear. Otherwise they wouldn't create such noise. 

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Cabinet has indefinitely postponed the proposed extension of nightlife venues’ legal closing time

The police, who decide which laws to prosecute, were never going to allow this as they are milking the situation for all it's worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

These 4am low life's are mostly not quality tourists.  They cry when they are told to go at 2am. They are not waking up at 7am to go on tours, boat trips, golf, etc.  Just a bunch of partiers getting drunk late sleeping hangovers contributing to alcohol revenue. Sounds like such a great vacation.

10 million tourists.  Say there are 200 big night clubs in Thailand with 300 people each day that's 2 million or just 20 %.  

Who would want a woman who sleeps all day?  I guess I have always looked for  longer term.   I think this is a big separation in ethics and lifestyle that's just to big to ignore.   If clubs closecat 2 am one can still catch the last gals.   I'm sure memory of a few 8 or 9's would be nice if they were natural good ones.  But 2500 ore COVID was not a low price.  Why not go find young, fresh unspoiled 8-10's who are out only until 10 because they have goals and dreams by themselves without relying on a transactional life of sex for money and  drugs.   I'm sure I've missed what it's like to be in a bar full of x takers but I can live with that. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

What % of tourists want to party past 2 am.?  I would guess 10% or less

Rubbish. Back when 2 am closing was "uncommon" some places stayed open full of happy customers till nearer dawn. In Nana there were 2 gogos that closed after dawn.

In Pattaya I'm pretty sure some bars never closed. Certainly there was always some place open.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

These 4am low life's are mostly not quality tourists.  They cry when they are told to go at 2am. They are not waking up at 7am to go on tours, boat trips, golf, etc.  Just a bunch of partiers getting drunk late sleeping hangovers contributing to alcohol revenue. Sounds like such a great vacation.

People try to put us d-down (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we get around (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (talkin' 'bout my generation) :giggle:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What nonsense... you think a couple in their 30 s with small children are interested in that, or a guy in his 50s wants to listen to rap, hip-hop or whatever the latest no-talent, so called racket that is being pumped out at 3am....  you have no idea. 

Do any posters on here visit LOS with small children? LOL.

I have zero interest in what people with children want, and I did care about adult entertainment when I spent large to visit Thailand.

If I wanted the most boring night life on the planet I could have stayed home.

Anyone wants to go to bed early with a book were never impeded from doing so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. Back when 2 am closing was "uncommon" some places stayed open full of happy customers till nearer dawn. In Nana there were 2 gogos that closed after dawn.

In Pattaya I'm pretty sure some bars never closed. Certainly there was always some place open.

You cannot estimate the percentage of tourists by only considering those who are still out drinking in Nana very late. Done a good few all-nighters myself in my younger days... but not once would I have wanted to do it in a nightclub.... late night drinking always became more sedate as the sky turned red.... Plus I believe I was a tiny fraction of all the tourists in the country still up and about. We used to have the Marine place years ago in Pattaya.... but that filled a hole for a small number. 

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do any posters on here visit LOS with small children?

That is the point.... considering posters on here is not the majority of tourists in Thailand.... it is a very select subsection. Do you claim if they do not post here they are not tourists?

Edited by jacko45k

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm pretty sure your idea of a night club does not include a stage with 20 naked women on it.

I had no problem doing an all nighter in Nana.

Nor do I think the Thai authorities were proposing such a place remain open until 4am! I really don't recall what the rules were back in the 80s-00s, but late night options were quite sufficient. 

At 2am on lower Sukhumvit the drinks just flow on the streets and keep going at the little bars that get set up for the world to see.

Who's to say what timezone their body is accustomed to. Your 4am may be their 4pm. God knows there are precious few other activities in this city.

Not to mention the local groups who station at the 7-11 steps getting wasted on Sangsom until the wee hours.

A rule change to allow the bars to stay open would at least keep them inside and out of view.

Not sure a 2am rule has or will ever solve any known problem except to breed corruption. Just like the 1pm to 5pm hours when you aren't allowed to buy alcohol during the day. 

Edited by SbuxPlease
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You cannot estimate the percentage of tourists by only considering those who are still out drinking in Nana very late. Done a good few all-nighters myself in my younger days... but not once would I have wanted to do it in a nightclub.... late night drinking always became more sedate as the sky turned red.... Plus I believe I was a tiny fraction of all the tourists in the country still up and about. We used to have the Marine place years ago in Pattaya.... but that filled a hole for a small number. 

I remember the Marine well. I think it closed early- about 2 or 3 am, so headed over to another place that went on long after I'd had enough at dawn.

BTW unless you call 2 or 3 hundred "small", Marine catered for a big number.

10 minutes ago, SbuxPlease said:

A rule change to allow the bars to stay open would at least keep them inside and out of view.

Before purachai made farang entertainment places close early, there were no drinking places on Sukhumvit pavement, and no gogo girl hung around waiting to see if they could get a customer after hours.

Like you want, it all went on inside the bars and not outside on the streets.

• Thumbs Up 1