60 day tourist visa , when to apply for a 30 day extension ( Bkk)

14 Days before expiry. I have just done it. Fill in the form TM7 (attach recent photo) have copies of passport ID page, current visa, copy of boarding pass.

Also needed is the receipt for the TM30 registration.

Go to your local immigration early to ( as in well before the visa expiry) to make sure of the local requirements.. Ratchaburi Immigration was very helpfull for me..  OH, you need 1900 Baht as well..

19 minutes ago, Brock said:

.......copy of boarding pass

That should not be required. 

OP, you can apply for extension up till date of expiry of current permit but that is risky.

Couple of weeks prior as mentioned earlier is best idea. 

As hotel for screenshot of the TM30 that they filed. 

Edited by DrJack54

I generally apply one week in advance in Pattaya. I take my passport to the office next door to immigration. They take pics, fill up the forms, make necessary copies, etc. for 200 baht. I take the bundle, get a ticket and wait in line - Sometimes 10 minutes and sometimes 2 hours. Get the stamp and get it over with. I don't need to know what documents and how many copies I need. 

During covid times, you could extend as soon as you arrived in Thailand. No need to wait until 14 days before your stay expired. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Note: I'm in Chiang Mai

Edited by mark147

3 minutes ago, mark147 said:

During covid times, you could extend as soon as you arrived in Thailand. No need to wait until 14 days before your stay expired. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Note: I'm in Chiang Mai

Depends how you entered Thailand.

If visa exempt stamp of 45 days would be unlikely to be able to apply that early.

Not really important you can still travel about and present a screenshot of TM30 for the province you are in to apply for 30 day extension 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 1:43 PM, DrJack54 said:

Depends how you entered Thailand.

If visa exempt stamp of 45 days would be unlikely to be able to apply that early.

Not really important you can still travel about and present a screenshot of TM30 for the province you are in to apply for 30 day extension 

I arrived on visa exempt stamp of 45 days. I ended up going less than a week after arrival and it was totally fine to extend in Chiang Mai ????

37 minutes ago, mark147 said:

I arrived on visa exempt stamp of 45 days. I ended up going less than a week after arrival and it was totally fine to extend in Chiang Mai ????

CM allows for extensions up to 45 days early. For most immigration offices it's up to 30 days early.