Non 0 Marriage Visa (Wise bank transfers)

I have always used a agent to obtain my Marriage Visa. Next year I have decided I'm going to leave the country (for Laos) and get the Non O visa from there and do it the right way.

I have over 400K in a Thai bank in my name but it has come to my attention that my deposits into the Krungsri bank (From Wise) seem to be showing as local transactions ? (i do always pick the funds for long term stay in thailand tab) Will this be a issue when I apply with immigration in Sisaket ?

Edited by Chad91

3 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Having 400k deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to application is adequate for the "marriage visa" application/extensions, no need to prove 40k per month income as well. 

caveat..........................."unless asked to do so".

A friend with a 400K fixed deposit was asked to produce bank statements to evidence how he was living in Thailand.

50 minutes ago, Chad91 said:

I'm not to sure what that is ? 

You said you are worried about the Wise transfers showing up as local.

A credit advice of the transaction shows that the money was transferred from abroad. I would get that from the bank (in addition to printouts of the Wise-PDFs), if I want to be prepared for the eventuality of immigration office being picky.

On the other hand maybe the IO won't care about it, and as other posters said you will have no problem anyhow. Up to you ????

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Chad91 said:

I have over 400K in a Thai bank in my name but it has come to my attention that my deposits into the Krungsri bank (From Wise) seem to be showing as local transactions ?

You could always changed banks, e.g. SCB who I use and transfer from Wise, never an issue.

2 hours ago, Chad91 said:

I have always used a agent to obtain my Marriage Visa. Next year I have decided I'm going to leave the country (for Laos) and get the Non O visa from there and do it the right way.

I have over 400K in a Thai bank in my name but it has come to my attention that my deposits into the Krungsri bank (From Wise) seem to be showing as local transactions ? (i do always pick the funds for long term stay in thailand tab) Will this be a issue when I apply with immigration in Sisaket ?

You must already have previously held a Non Imm visa, even using an agent.
No need to apply for a Non O in Savannahket.

If using the 400K funds in a Thai bank account, then proof of overseas transfer is not required, just that it must have been on deposit for 2 months prior to submitting the application.

16 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

You must already have previously held a Non Imm visa, even using an agent.
No need to apply for a Non O in Savannahket.

If using the 400K funds in a Thai bank account, then proof of overseas transfer is not required, just that it must have been on deposit for 2 months prior to submitting the application.

That's good to know. I thought I would have to leave the country and start all over again because when I got my marriage visa from the agent they told me that I would always have use them ?

Edited by Chad91

13 hours ago, chilly07 said:

I always collect Credit Advices from BB for all my transfers. Better safe than sorry. Never had a problem using Wise which always shows as a FTT in my BB passbook.

My transfers sometimes don't show as FTT into my Bangkok Bank account on the annual statement.

I contacted Wise and they said they were aware of the problem but to request the transfer receipt FET form which shows it as coming from overseas.