Marriage visa basics

I’m embarrassed as I know this issue will have been comprehensively addressed elsewhere but I am new to the site and am having trouble getting to where I want to go. I want to upgrade my non-immigrant O visa to a marriage visa next month and was unsure of what form to use. Also as I will only will have the necessary 400,000 baht in the bank at the time of upgrade for just 6 weeks, I expect a rejection and the need to apply for a 60 day extension. Will this be a problem, and which form will I need to complete to seek the extension? I will be applying for the upgrade/extension in Ranong. Thank you in advance for your help and patience with my ignorance

2 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Dont bother applying till you have money in the bank for 3 months. Then go to immigration office and they will give you all the forms. you need, plus a list of all the extra documentation.

It's 2 months prior to application for extension.

OP you can apply for 60day extension to visit wife in order to season your funds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robertoj said:

So, are you saying I can just pop into the immigration office in Ranong around the time my present visa expires and the 60 day extension is automatic?

You are best to apply for the 60 day extension week or more prior to expiry of your current permit.

There are documents to provide for the extension. 

Here is thread listing requirements. It's for Bangkok but covers what you need.

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, Robertoj said:

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. So, are you saying I can just pop into the immigration office in Ranong around the time my present visa expires and the 60 day extension is automatic?

The 60 day extension is anything but automatic, though it is easy. You must have your wife with you when you apply, as suggested going in a week before your current permission to stay is a good option as you may have forgotten a requirement.

• Thumbs Up 1