Jan 6 report reveals identity of Trump ally who was architect of fake elector plot

Scott

Jan. 6 House Committee Hearings: Your Questions, Answered - The New York  Times

The House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol riot has revealed the identity of the Donald Trump ally accused of being the architect of the fake elector plot.

Kenneth Chesebro, a little-known attorney, allegedly led the scheme to plant fake electors in seven states where President Joe Biden had won the 2020 presidential election, according to the committee’s bombshell report.

The plot involved these fake electors casting electoral college votes in Mr Trump’s favour based on false claims that then-vice president Mike Pence could “toss” out the votes of legitimate electors casting the vote of the will of the people in favour of Mr Biden come January 6.

The House committee’s damning report, released on Thursday, detailed additional information about the plot and the key players behind it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/kenneth-chesebro-jan-6-report-trump-lawyer-b2250654.html

The Independent Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

15 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm sure there are plenty on this forum who remember the horrible feces-throwing arguments that 45 supporters engaged in some years ago. I sense they finally woke up to what a turd that disgraced traitor is. 

I remember who made the pro Trump arguments, most don’t post in the news section these days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, honcho said:

poor Trump... best president ever... usa was much better b4 they lied schemed and used the fbi to corrupt the truths about the Biden crime family..... the world is crumbling and we need men like Trump to save us!!!

Hasn't been a decent US president IMO since Kennedy.

Don't know what world you live in, but the one I live in is crumbling and I see no one in charge that can save us.

I have never been so depressed about the future of humanity before as now.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

Why then is presumptive speaker McCarthy not touting an investigative committee to look into Biden's coup? Looking into the laptop of someone who has zero political power seems to be barking up the wrong tree, nay, the wrong frig gen forest! ????????

Because it will hurt.

Mr (and Mrs) Biden are no doubt concerned about the state that their son is in.

He has no political influence but congressional investigations will add to their worries.

American politics is not in a very nice place at the moment. Maybe it never has been, but there are some very nasty people bobbing about on and just below the surface.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

American politics is not in a very nice place at the moment. Maybe it never has been, but there are some very nasty people bobbing about on and just below the surface.

That's for sure. IMO it's going to get worse, not better. To get better would require good will on both sides and a statesman to unite them.

Far as I can see, no good will exists and there are no statesmen to be seen. Undoubtedly there are good men out there, but given the media attacks on politicians I can't see any of them being prepared to take the abuse that would be heaped on them and their families.

IMO the present political fiasco is entirely of the American people's own making, but it doesn't bode well for any of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Well the invasion of Ukraine was unlikely to be stopped anyway, and I believe if Donald stayed in office, Ukraine would have been occupied and controlled by Russia by now!

I believe it more to Obamas work in his two terms gave Donald a free pass for his first 4 years.

There is analysis out there, this a pretty good short article about Obamas work for less involvement in conflicts.

It have been a mess since 9/11 where they should have targeted Taliban and Al Qaida solely without invasion of any countries, the world would have been different by now! 

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-pol-obama-at-war/

I can't say if that would have happened, and neither can anyone else.

It may very well have been but would parts of Ukraine have been a smoking bomb site and would all those people be dead?

I have to disagree with everything you say about Obama, the man who drew red lines and did nothing when they were crossed.

His first 4 years - so you think he's going to be back in '24?

I agree about post 9 11. I can't think of a single good reason for all the allied deaths and all the money spent on Afghanistan to stay after al qaida was destroyed there. Obama should have ended it when he was elected. Not only that, but he didn't help those Pakistani guys that assisted in killing bin laden and jailed in Pakistan for doing so on his watch.

21 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Trump U?

Promised positions in his New cabinet I would suspect. Time for the Gallows to be erected and to let them swing in the breeze for all to see as a reminder of what insurrection brings.

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How's it working out for Biden then? Wasn't able to stop Putin invading Ukraine, was he? No invasion during Trump's time- in fact no western conflicts started during his 4 years. That's a pretty good record on it's own.

Well apart from that Syria thing and driving refugees into Europe.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm sure there are plenty on this forum who remember the horrible feces-throwing arguments that 45 supporters engaged in some years ago. I sense they finally woke up to what a turd that disgraced traitor is. 

Nope.

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

Some maybe, others never will.

And none will admit to it.

None.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Back in the day, they were drooling, waiting for the chance to jump in with the most outlandish defenses of the tangerine traffic cone of treason. Most now are silent and I'm hoping it's because they realized they backed the wrong horse's a$$.

Censorship.

• Haha 2