Do You Trust The Security Of Your Andriod Smart Phone?

connda

1 hour ago, K2938 said:

So "proper" in this means an actually well-working method of 2FA, not OTP

So tell me what they would be then please.

My UK financial institutions still seem to use OTP's for access and a version of it for transactions in some cases.

I don't disagree that it has issues but appears to still be used. 

23 minutes ago, topt said:

So tell me what they would be then please.

My UK financial institutions still seem to use OTP's for access and a version of it for transactions in some cases.

I don't disagree that it has issues but appears to still be used.

I am not aware of any big bank in Thailand offering "proper" non-OTP 2FA.  Which is why my personal conclusion in these imperfect circumstances was that using the app is better than going via the internet as I wrote above.  But if there is any bank with "proper" non-OTP 2FA, this would of course be the best

4 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Just one question for the pro app lobby - where do you keep your passwords?

1Password, I not only keep all my logins (over 300) but also virtually all my important documents I’ve used it for over 10 years, the document store is local, the encryption is state of the art, you can have just enough data so you can let the TSA or any border control have access while keeping the important information secure and out of their hands. 

1 hour ago, K2938 said:

I am not aware of any big bank in Thailand offering "proper" non-OTP 2FA.  Which is why my personal conclusion in these imperfect circumstances was that using the app is better than going via the internet as I wrote above.  But if there is any bank with "proper" non-OTP 2FA, this would of course be the best

Your lack of knowledge doesn't make it nonexistent. You could already read that people use their fingerprint.

Lots of software available and used by many agencies in many contries, including Thailand, that can hack your phone. The software can be bought, leased, rented, and also for one time use, you could hire someone in one of those agencies to do you a favour (or a brown envelope service), and hack someone's phone. Checkout Pegasus, which is spyware developed by the Israeli cyber-arms company NSO Group, just one providers of such software.

Nothing is safe on a phone especially in Thailand.

Edited by Banana7

I have no fear. But what gets on my nerves is that pretty much every bank that I use has a different procedure. The worst is a European bank.

First you login with username and password at the browser.

Then the browser will show you a QR code.

This code you have to scan with an app at a second device. This app will show you then a code.

This code you have to enter in the browser.

Insane... Without 2 devices you have no access. And my other banks have their special procedures too.