Brexit has cracked Britain’s economic foundations

webfact

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You use polls to help you decide who to vote for?

No I take polls results with a pinch of salt I was in the hardcore vote that have made my voting decsion  years before the EU referendum was announced

if you look at the results of the Lord ashcroft poll taken the day after the vote you will notice there was a hardcore group on both sides that knew which way they would vote I suspect even before the EU referendum was announced  39% for remain and 36% for leave

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

22 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In relation to this thread title , UK food banks have been gaining in popularity for the last 15 years , they have been getting more popular and usage  every year for 15 years , actually, last year was the first year that there has been a decrease in their popularity/usage .

How does that fit in with the thread title ?

Well that is news around where I live in affluent Surrey.  The food banks have more than doubled in the last twelve months and we are being canvassed to support them.  My sister lives in Shropshire and the church there have started taking a stall on the weekly market to distribute food to the needy.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It needs to be pointed out that the government is considering bringing back people who took early retirement , back into the workforce , those who took early retirement at 50 years old , its the people aged between 50 and 65 who are being encouraged to get back into the workforce , rather than those in retirement age , 65 years old +

And most of those people are doctors  who can take retirement from the age of 55.  So you are correct.  But it is because the NHS was devastated by the Exodus of doctors and nurses following Brexit that have never been replaced.    

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

And most of those people are doctors  who can take retirement from the age of 55.  So you are correct.  But it is because the NHS was devastated by the Exodus of doctors and nurses following Brexit that have never been replaced.    

No they are not , there are other things happening apart from Brexit , about 500 000 British people took early retirement at aged 50 plus from numerous different jobs and NHS staff leaving because of Brexit is a different situation 

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No they are not , there are other things happening apart from Brexit , about 500 000 British people took early retirement at aged 50 plus from numerous different jobs and NHS staff leaving because of Brexit is a different situation 

I agree, they are different things.

Early retirement numbers are not responsible for the uks economic woes.

Brexit on the other hand has played a major role. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1