Famous English Singer Sam Smith visits Samui Island

webfact

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Prachuap Khiri Khan. South of HH is Pranburi. Good beaches the further south you go.

Ah cool, I actually rented a pool villa ... one sec, let me check ... yeah, I actually stayed there 555

Stayed at The Heights 2 Village. Lovely area down there, I take it you know it well?

Only had five nights of which we only headed into HH itself on two nights and one afternoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Ah cool, I actually rented a pool villa ... one sec, let me check ... yeah, I actually stayed there 555

Stayed at The Heights 2 Village. Lovely area down there, I take it you know it well?

Only had five nights of which we only headed into HH itself on two nights and one afternoon.

After living in Udon, Phuket, Chiang Mai and then in BKK and traveling the country numerous times we decided to buy a house here in the Southern HH/Pranburi location near the beach.  Kept the condo in BKK for visits to the city and for my kids to stay at when in Bangkok. Hard to get rid of a penthouse condo with a view......

Edited by ThailandRyan

@ThailandRyan Nice, you reckon it has enough to keep you there? I'd always thought I'd end up in Bkk when I could finally escape the rat race but the 4 years or so before covid I found I spent less and less time in Bkk, last couple of trips I didn't even stay overnight in Bkk. Still need some decent nightlife within easy reach and HH itself didn't really grab me but as I said, only scratched the surface.

“If any of the "never heard of him" brigade ever go out past 9 pm ...”

They’re self-satisfied, wind-up merchants. Proud to be unaware and who enjoy posting statements that make them feel better about themselves.

• Haha 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

The same big cave that most of us who aren't sad enough to live their lives on inane social media sites live in.

What is a "social media site" and what do they have to do with ... anything in regards to who a famous artist is?

6 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

They’re self-satisfied, wind-up merchants. Proud to be unaware and who enjoy posting statements that make them feel better about themselves.

Or they genuinely have never heard of him. I listen to music I select as a rule. The only exception is in bars where I pay no attention tot he music anyway.

8 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

Are you one of those Millennials? Or just a non-binary? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

If any of the "never heard of him" brigade ever go out past 9 pm I'm pretty sure you would have at least heard this one (unless camped in darkest Issan perhaps).

I don't recall ever hearing it but it may not have registered as I didn't like the song just now anyway.

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't recall ever hearing it but it may not have registered as I didn't like the song just now anyway.

As I said earlier, a generational or genre thing. Although no doubt there are some windup merchants posting in here, I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of people that haven't heard of him - regardless of whether his music is to there taste or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

If any of the "never heard of him" brigade ever go out past 9 pm I'm pretty sure you would have at least heard this one (unless camped in darkest Issan perhaps).

I wouldn't venture into a place that played that style of music, as not a fan of, or can relate to.  If it came on the radio (which is why I no longer listen to) but if I did, I'd turn the channel.

Only know a few 'pop' folks, Bieber & such, because of daughter will play via bluetooth in the car, which she has a good ear for, and knows what I would like.  Actually went to 1D concert when at BKK, and not an unpleasant experience and see the attraction for the youngins.

First 'boy band/singers' (1D) I've seen in concert, non instrument players.  Enjoy the Temptations of days past, but they also had a kick A$$ band behind them on later albums.  

Daughter actually listens to the lyrics, and likes singing, harmonizing groups, so likes some of the Eagles & CSN stuff.  Even Ozzy & Lennon, and cracked me up the other day ... stated she's tired already of being a "working class hero".????

Edited by KhunLA

Non binary ....so if he's not a 1 or a 0  what is he ,old fart here,

grew up where there where only men and women and you

could easily tell one from the other , now there are a plethora

of sexes, people ,things ?

regards Worgeordie

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

First 'boy band/singers' (1D) I've seen in concert, non instrument players.

Now that is something I give you kudos for - you'd have to wrap my balls in piano wire and drag me behind a pickup truck to the gig for me to watch them 555 That said, as with most "artists" there's a couple of their tracks I don't mind. 

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I wouldn't venture into a place that played that style of music, as not a fan of, or can relate to.

Kinda figured the club scene isn't your scene. I've got a fairly eclectic taste in music, depending on my mood I'll be listening to Sam Cooke or Sam Smith, or Ramstein, or Bauhaus, or The Righteous Brothers, or Queen, or Swedish House Mafia, or Underworld, trance, house drum and bass and on it goes (other than country and western or classical which I really can't get into). Perhaps that's why I'm surprised by the amount of "never heard of him" posts, even if I didn't like someone, there's a good chance I've at least heard of them especially when they are highly nominated and awarded artists in many categories. It's easy to project and good to get pulled up now and then.

Edited by Salerno

14 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Now that is something I give you kudos for - you'd have to wrap my balls in piano wire and drag me behind a pickup truck to the gig for me to watch them 555 That said, as with most "artists" there's a couple of their tracks I don't mind. 

Yea, it wasn't a planned night out.  Bought extra tickets for daughter's friends, who backed out at last minute, so stuck with 4.  Managed to sell 2 at the venue, but had 2 left.  So either sell cheap, as show was about to start, or actually go in.  Needed to kill less than 2 hours, as needing to come back & get daughter & friend, our simply go in.  They were a pleasant surprise, not that I'd pay to see them or buy their music, but enjoyable.

Note to self:  buy for daughter +1 in future.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Never heard of him. What do he do apart from dress like a clown.

Likely makes more money than the combined posters on here, entertains millions around the world, acts as a role model for troubled people (regardless of how dumb I think the pronoun BS is), supports various charities helping improve peoples lives and various other things ... although I don't think he posts inane comments on forums.

• Like 2

Just now, Salerno said:

Likely makes more money than the combined posters on here, entertains millions around the world, acts as a role model for troubled people (regardless of how dumb I think the pronoun BS is), supports various charities helping improve peoples lives and various other things ... although I don't think he posts inane comments on forums.

Making loads of money doesnt make him intelligent. From the photo he looks like he needs help.