Famous English Singer Sam Smith visits Samui Island

webfact

On 12/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, Salerno said:

Yeah, didn't recognise him at first on some talk show special from London I caught while flicking channels one night (a Brit host who's name escapes me, normally in the US, as funny as a heart attack IMO). He appeared to be in a fat phase on the show.

I think that was The Graham Norton Show last week.

Regardless of his personal life or sexuality, he is a very talented singer with I believe a four octave range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqqOZbMWesI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhREiAarjVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jzDnsjYv9A

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I think that was The Graham Norton Show last week.

My mind had gone blank at the time of my original post but was actually James Corden I was thinking of, he did a couple of "specials" from London.

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

My mind had gone blank at the time of my original post but was actually James Corden I was thinking of, he did a couple of "specials" from London.

Yes, I saw a very slim Sam Smith with Corden on a "Carpool Karaoke" segment a few years back. Now unrecognizable from that. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 10:56 PM, Woof999 said:

Ed Sheeran worldwide including being well known in Thailand. He has performed sell out concerts in Bangkok and will be again in 2023 I believe.

Sam Smith also performed in Bangkok as part of a world tour, in 2018.

Last month Smith performed on the South Lawn of the White House in front of the President. Seems the 80yo Biden has heard of him. 

Sam Smith performs at White House as Biden signs equal marriage bill | Metro News

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

This clip had 64 million views, yet many here haven't heard of him. (pronoun) 

I've never actually see that so 64 million and 1 now 555

Don't particularly like Corden, only seen him on three, maybe four shows,

18 hours ago, Salerno said:

I've never actually see that so 64 million and 1 now 555

Don't particularly like Corden, only seen him on three, maybe four shows,

I agree about Corden, and it appears many who know or work with him have similar feelings.

However, I have enjoyed many of the "Carpool" segments because of the caliber of the guests. The one with McCartney where he visited all his old haunts in Liverpool was special. At one stage he signed the historic Penny Lane Street sign.  He even surprised patrons by performed in his old local pub.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

The one with McCartney where he visited all his old haunts in Liverpool was special. At one stage he signed the historic Penny Lane Street sign.  He even surprised patrons by performed in his old local pub.

Thanks, I'd heard of "carpool karaoke" but didn't realise it wasn't purely in the States. Will have to search YouTube for that one, can just imagine the scousers' reaction as they noticed who it was.

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I agree about Corden, and it appears many who know or work with him have similar feelings.

However, I have enjoyed many of the "Carpool" segments because of the caliber of the guests. The one with McCartney where he visited all his old haunts in Liverpool was special. At one stage he signed the historic Penny Lane Street sign.  He even surprised patrons by performed in his old local pub.

Corden was funny in character in Gavin and Stacey but somehow rose to fame very quickly and gained the American chat show host gig where he imposed “ superstar “ status on himself. After that he quickly became super annoying, imho, and frequently popped up on the U.K. comedy shows ( 8 out of 10 cats etc ) where he appears to adopt the “ I’m funnier than the other guests “ mantle, also imho.

But his Carpool Karaoke remain an innovative ( even if he is not actually driving) format and some of his guests are in the top tier .

Not wanting to completely post a character assassination piece I will say that he has a great voice and often surprises his guests with his knowledge of the songs. I seem to remember him on Graham Norton saying he was in a boy band many years ago where he wrote most of the songs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The one with McCartney

Thanks again for pointing that one out, very enjoyable watch, the trip down memory lane must have made the day of the people he interacted with. Funniest thing was it was on one of the London specials, I only stumbled across the show that had Sam Smith on it.