Famous English Singer Sam Smith visits Samui Island

webfact

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Think I'll just stick with what I was taught, male (having penis)/he/him, female (no penis)/her/him.

Now you've confused me, all these years I thought it was "female (no penis) she/her" ???? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Only because you know someone's name doesn't mean everybody knows him/her/it.

Yes, say Bieber to most folks over 50, and they'll roll their eyes, but that's one talented dude.  

Say .. Cher,  Celine Dion ... and OMG, such talent.  Their voice, and marketing is their only talent, as rarely if ever write their songs or play an instrument.  Let alone something they did write, becomes a hit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Now you've confused me, all these years I thought it was "female (no penis) she/her" ???? 

oops...quick edit & fixed  

Must of had penis stuck on my brain ... oh krap

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

He sang the theme song to the Bond movie Spectre and generally accepted as a great singer.

All this them/their/they BS is confusing, distracts from his abilities and only creates ridicule.

I usually fast forward through the long, usually annoying intro/credits to movies.  Bond movies especially, as nothing to see relating to the movie.  

... sorry Sam, over to YT, as curious now.

Good voice range, song sucks, can't relate.

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"lots of farangs in are for you to talk to" ... OK, scratch that place, next.

It's like when travelling and someone figures out your nationality you then get the "Oh, there's an Irish/Aussie/American/French/Kiwi (whatever fits) pub on X street." At which point I tend to go blank.

I'm travelling to get away and see other places, why the hell would I want to frequent a bar potentially full of my compatriots! (Although that said, I have popped into a few over my time and actually turned one into my "local" in Bkk for a number of years having avoided it for the previous 5 or so. But it's certainly not something I hunt down.)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I usually fast forward through the long, usually annoying intro/credits to movies.  Bond movies especially, as nothing to see relating to the movie.  

Those James Bond intros cost more than low budget complete movies. And that is just the way to start a James Bond movie - at least it used to be.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Salerno said:

It's like when travelling and someone figures out your nationality you then get the "Oh, there's an Irish/Aussie/American/French/Kiwi (whatever fits) pub on X street." At which point I tend to go blank.

I'm travelling to get away and see other places, why the hell would I want to frequent a bar potentially full of my compatriots! (Although that said, I have popped into a few over my time and actually turned one into my "local" in Bkk for a number of years having avoided it for the previous 5 or so. But it's certainly not something I hunt down.)

Personally, I agree with you. But it seems especially in Pattaya that there are German bars and English bars and all that. People away from home complaining that the food in Thailand is just not like home and all that... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally, I agree with you. But it seems especially in Pattaya that there are German bars and English bars and all that. People away from home complaining that the food in Thailand is just not like home and all that... 

We had a saying in my previous life "A whinging soldier is a happy soldier" (based on the fact that if someone is quiet and withdrawn it's a good sign he may have issues). The person that coined that phrase, god knows how many decades ago, may well have changed his mind if he was a member on here or got bailed up by certain expats 555

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If any of the "never heard of him" brigade ever go out past 9 pm I'm pretty sure you would have at least heard this one (unless camped in darkest Issan perhaps).

As long as I only hear it that's alright. Better not in one of those bars with music videos. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

We had a saying in my previous life "A whinging soldier is a happy soldier" (based on the fact that if someone is quiet and withdrawn it's a good sign he may have issues). The person that coined that phrase, god knows how many decades ago, may well have changed his mind if he was a member on here or got bailed up by certain expats 555

Luckily there are not too many fighting farang soldiers here in Thailand - except of all those special forces guys. ???? 

• Haha 2

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Luckily there are not too many fighting farang soldiers here in Thailand - except of all those special forces guys. ???? 

I had one of those classic conversations with a yank in Bkk one drunken avro. I let him prattle on for a while before telling him it was perhaps time he moved on as it was getting boring. He started getting indignant so I cut him off with a "Mate, maybe I don't look it but I've no doubt I'm older than you and I'm too young to have served in "The Nam", no way did you and your tales have changed from faintly amusing to quite pathetic so jog on" 555

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why? Is there a problem with HH PKK

Please enlighten me, PKK?

I actually thought HH waa a nice place to visit but it did seem to be a bit like "God's waiting room". Will definitely head back to see more of the area, only scratched the surface obviously.

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Please enlighten me, PKK?

I actually thought HH waa a nice place to visit but it did seem to be a bit like "God's waiting room". Will definitely head back to see more of the area, only scratched the surface obviously.

Prachuap Khiri Khan. South of HH is Pranburi. Good beaches the further south you go. Some nice small ones with no one around.

IMG-20221216-WA0007.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2