Famous English Singer Sam Smith visits Samui Island

webfact

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

Making loads of money doesnt make him intelligent.

Who mentioned intelligence?

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

From the photo he looks like he needs help.

Definitely should use some of his cash on a stylist IMO. Guessing similar comments where made about this guy back in the day too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVL1V-jUfbbg6aj8fZUS5

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

They were a pleasant surprise, not that I'd pay to see them or buy their music, but enjoyable.

I could see that. A lot is the atmosphere and their not "terrible" just not my thing. You've also opened my eyes, who knew kids are useful, can expose you to new things 555 Still don't want one though.

On 12/28/2022 at 12:25 PM, Woof999 said:

Sam Smith is hugely well known in the UK and around Europe and has been for almost a decade. I'm Not The Only One being one of his first and well known songs.

For those saying that they don't know him so he can't be famous... well, fair play, but he's not far from Ed Sheeran level in terms on fame. If you don't know him either, probably best keep it to yourself.

Who's Ed Sheeran?

17 hours ago, Thechook said:

Sorry but have to say, never heard of him.  Guess I move in different circles.

I read his Wiki page and I got confused because they kept writing "They " and "Their" and I wasn't sure who the other person was , seems that they are non binary and so couldn't use he/she and used "They/Their" instead 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Smith

34 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Is Sam Smith 'famous' in Thailand?  I don't think so.

How about Ed Sheeran?  Probably not either. 

The point I'm making is that some of us on this forum actually live in Thailand full-time and not in the UK, EU or USA. For me, 'famous' singers are Mike Piromphon, Jintara Poonlarp etc.  I live in Thailand, not in England.

In fact, I often wonder how many forum posters actually live in Thailand, and how many live with their mum in Luton.....

Lived in Thailand 8 years. 20 years coming to Asia.

The singers you quote are almost unheard of outside of Thailand. Sam Smith has a following way outside the UK. Ed Sheeran worldwide including being well known in Thailand. He has performed sell out concerts in Bangkok and will be again in 2023 I believe.

If your personal sphere of knowledge on performers is limited to a 1000 mile radius from where you live and your idea of fame is limited to only those in a similar area then you might think that your girlfriends' aunties' next door neighbour who sings at the local Thai bar is more famous than Sam or Ed. Nothing wrong with that, but the context in this thread is on a much wider scale.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:29 PM, bristolgeoff said:

The bond song is his claim to fame i suppose,if i meet him in the st  would not know him from a bar of soap.Take a pic  show the social media circus look at me,no helmet or license  and my friend the same. who cares

and he even looks at himself whilst riding judging by his bike's mirror adjustment in the OP photo.

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

He is clearly a man. ???? 

Is he, or is it just his body that says so. In his mind he is not now is he.  I think I am part of the coyote family, I scavenge for things and raid chicken coops for sustenance... 

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is he

Yes. ????

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

In his mind

It doesn't matter if his mind tells him that he's a bald eagle, Thomas the tank engine, or a slice of pizza. 

He's a man, what his mind tells him doesn't affect his gender. ????

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:56 PM, Woof999 said:

Lived in Thailand 8 years. 20 years coming to Asia.

The singers you quote are almost unheard of outside of Thailand. Sam Smith has a following way outside the UK. Ed Sheeran worldwide including being well known in Thailand. He has performed sell out concerts in Bangkok and will be again in 2023 I believe.

If your personal sphere of knowledge on performers is limited to a 1000 mile radius from where you live and your idea of fame is limited to only those in a similar area then you might think that your girlfriends' aunties' next door neighbour who sings at the local Thai bar is more famous than Sam or Ed. Nothing wrong with that, but the context in this thread is on a much wider scale.

Not really, I have seen JIntara in UK, Denmark and Holland, Thai singers are well known in other SEA countries, Japanese are fanatical fans. Personally I have never heard of Ed Sherran and I thought Sam Smith was a beer. Then of course there is the world famous girl from Buri Ram- Lisa.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2022 at 1:27 AM, Old Croc said:

I'm certainly not English, in my seventies and refuse to accept, or cater to, this idiotic non-binary rubbish.

I have however, heard of him and have seen many clips of him performing some of his best-known material over many years. Even though his style of music is not to my taste, I've always considered him to be a very talented singer/song writer whos first song about a lost gay lover was huge. 

This is very recent pic from an English tabloid presumably taken in Thailand: 

Racy display: Sam Smith left little to the imagination as they appeared almost naked while soaking up the sun on a lavish yacht on Monday

Thanks I'm going to Sizzler tonight but probably not now ????

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 10:13 PM, simon43 said:

Is Sam Smith 'famous' in Thailand?  I don't think so.

How about Ed Sheeran?  Probably not either. 

The point I'm making is that some of us on this forum actually live in Thailand full-time and not in the UK, EU or USA. For me, 'famous' singers are Mike Piromphon, Jintara Poonlarp etc.  I live in Thailand, not in England.

In fact, I often wonder how many forum posters actually live in Thailand, and how many live with their mum in Luton.....

Some of us who live in Thailand still have knowledge of the big world outside its borders. Some of us don't close our minds because we are over 70 or living in a society where many citizens shun, or learn little, about non-Thai happenings or inhabitants in the rest of the planet. Some of us keep informed of many aspects of the world including politics, finance, trade, space exploration (Simon), wars and even entertainment trends in TV shows, movies and music.

Retirement or relocation to Thailand does not mean one has to switch off the brain to all else in the world!  Although for some characters here that seems to be just what they do. Perhaps they were always living in their own little bubble.

• Thumbs Up 2