What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

''Three Pines'' (season 1: 8 part mini series)
the blurb: A man investigates murders in Three Pines; he sees things that others do not: the light between the cracks, the mythic in the mundane, and discovers long-buried secrets and faces a few of his own ghosts. highly rated at IMBd.
Edited by paddypower
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, paddypower said:

A SPY AMONGST FRIENDS  ( MI5 double agent, for Russian - Kim Philby). have not seen it; but I'm a fan of the 2 main leads, Damian Lewis and  Guy Pearce

Copenhagen Cowboy ( not sure if dubbed or just subbed into English) coming Jan 6: Netflix

I watched A Spy Among Friends a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. Worth watching IMHO. I'm also a fan of Damian Lewis & Guy Pearce.

• Like 2

Mr. Harrigan's Phone is a Stephen King story based movie and quite a good one. The trailer makes it seem as if there are super scary parts and I think that's misleading. It's more of a head trip type of thing and for me an enjoyable one. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Mr. Harrington's Phone is a Stephen King story based movie and quite a good one. The trailer makes it seem as if there are super scary parts and I think that's misleading. It's more of a head trip type of thing and for me an enjoyable one. 

Harrigan ????

• Thanks 1

Title:
Black Snow (2023)
Plot:
In 1995, seventeen-year-old Isabel Baker was murdered. The crime shocked the small town of Ashford and devastated Isabel's Australian South Sea Islander community. The case was never solved, the killer never found. In 2020, the opening of a time capsule unearths a secret that puts cold-case detective James Cormack (Fimmel) on the trail of the killer.

Aussie crime mini series, TGX.
  • Like 2

spiral and astrid french tv progs ..not bad

Astrid

Season 1

(445)
8.02020X-RayTV-MA
Astrid Nielsen works in the library of the judicial police. She has Asperger's syndrome. With an incredible memory she excels at analyzing files of ongoing investigations. The district commander decides to use it to the fullest, entrusting her with very complex investigations which have remained unsolved to date. From Walter Presents, in French with English subtitles.
Edited by 3NUMBAS

Abbott Elementary

It's a HIT.

Now in it's second season, it has become a very popular (and in my opinion worthy) comedic show that is rivalling the previous popularity of Modern Family. 

It's mostly about the teacher's characters in an inner city Philadelphia school and they are really fun characters to watch.  It's even better for me because I get all the Philly references but not at all required.

Abbott Elementary review – the gags come so thick and fast they take your breath away | Television & radio | The Guardian

Edited by Jingthing

Started LIVINENKO on ITVx, but noticed a few 'inconsisitencies' in it. So on ITVx there is also a  documentary on it, with interviews with original cops etc and clips from the Series.

48 minutes and it was sorted as opposed to 8 episodes of 'imaginary' dialogue.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:38 AM, tgw said:

Harrigan ????

I only just noticed CastleRock, still showing on Netflix. watched season i (aka Part 1) but not impressed. Season 2 was pretty wild with the misguided character/star going in and out of la-la land. Impressive performance  the ending detoured into familiar Steven King nuttiness. overall, a fair show. Has anyone watched season 3 ??

17 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Dalgliesh. Based on the PD James novels. Bertie Carvel as the title character fits the part well. Each case is a two parter with a total of six episodes. There is a little wokeness but it doesn't become overwhelming.

I agree. I watched both seasons and thought it was very good.

6 hours ago, gargamon said:

The peripheral is the best action sci-fi since the first season of Altered Carbon maybe 5 years ago. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. 

Me, I think the action peters out around E03 and I gave up. Awful lot of talking and arbitrary sci-fi gadgets and jargon, rather like William Gibson's novels. Stereotypical sadistic villain. Had great potential.

Try these:

Andor

Devs

Star Trek Strange New Worlds

Foundation

Colony

Childhood's End

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Me, I think the action peters out around E03 and I gave up. Awful lot of talking and arbitrary sci-fi gadgets and jargon, rather like William Gibson's novels. Stereotypical sadistic villain. Had great potential.

Try these:

Andor

Devs

Star Trek Strange New Worlds

Foundation

Colony

Childhood's End

Oh, and Dune.