What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

Having binged on Yellowstone, which I thoroughly enjoyed, I'm now watching 1883, a prequel of Yellowstone by the same author, Taylor Sheridan. There's no doubt that this guy is a great writer and 1923 and Mayor of Kingstown are on my next things to watch list.

In between the Westerns, I've really enjoyed the 2 seasons of The White Lotus and will be looking out for season 3. I loved the locations, particularly Taormina in Sicily, which I visited a few years back. The views from the Greek theatre are stunning!

• Like 1

I've just started watching season 1 of Your Honor, following a recommendation from @Jingthing. Bryan Cranston stars as a New Orleans judge Michael Desiato whose world is turned upside down when his son is involved in a hit-and-run. It's good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7440726/  

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

I came across a movie I had never seen before, called "Denial" about the legal challenge that David Irving brought against the publisher of a book, which branded him a "Holocaust denier" amongst other things, and it was a brilliant movie.

The acting was superb and Timothy Spall as David Irving was just brilliant, as were the other cast members, and the good thing about the movie was that it kept you in suspense with a few twists and turns along the way, and you didn't know the verdict until the very end of the movie.

I can highly recommend this, not only for the subject matter, but because the acting was superb.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching season 1 of Your Honor, following a recommendation from @Jingthing. Bryan Cranston stars as a New Orleans judge Michael Desiato whose world is turned upside down when his son is involved in a hit-and-run. It's good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7440726/  

Talking of which - my system auto downloaded an Israeli series of the same name (well, the English translation) 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7181728/

It looked good but I deleted it as it was causing naming confusion, I will download it again and take a look. I just finished the latest series of Manayek and Fauda, might as well continue the theme.

Along with Your Honour I'm currently watching Darkness: those who kill - is always good, not so brutal as previous series but still some pretty vivid scenes. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 12:49 PM, Will27 said:
-The Putin intervieuws (4 eps),
-Ukraine on Fire 2015,
-Revealing Ukraine 2019 and last but not least
-The Untold History of the United States (10 eps).

All by Oliver Stone. Known as film director, made the movie Platoon for example.
For the other side of the Coin you could try The Guardian, but for me they're done, have to puke most of the time when I read their articles about this subject.
But that's me.
Henk
  • Like 1

Babylon movie with Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt.

Lots of naked breasts in the party scenes, naked breast Margo in the dancing on a bar scene.

Decent film if you stop watching at the Brad Pitt suicide scene.

The Last Enemy TV series (season 1)

Just downloading, dystopian UK, sounds like it could be about next year. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

Talking of which - my system auto downloaded an Israeli series of the same name (well, the English translation) 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7181728/

It looked good but I deleted it as it was causing naming confusion, I will download it again and take a look. I just finished the latest series of Manayek and Fauda, might as well continue the theme.

Along with Your Honour I'm currently watching Darkness: those who kill - is always good, not so brutal as previous series but still some pretty vivid scenes. 

I'm waiting for the full season of Darkness: Those who kill. I don't like 1 episode a week. Manayek season 2 and Fauda season 4 were both great IMHO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

On 1/31/2023 at 12:47 PM, userabcd said:

Last night watched this Tanya Tucker documentary "The Return of Tanya Tucker: Featuring Brandi Carlile"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17640752/

It was quite enjoyable.

You might also enjoy George & Tammy, well done. Friend of mine, country music fan, used to tell me a lot of funny stories about George. They aren't so funny when you see the complete picture.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm waiting for the full season of Darkness: Those who kill. I don't like 1 episode a week. Manayek season 2 and Fauda season 4 were both great IMHO.

Both seasons 1 and 2 available TG.

Not sure if this was recommended here but FIVE series of BBC detectives by Galbraith AKA JK Rowling.  The Cuckoos Calling; The Silkworm; Career of Evil; Lethal White; Troubled Blood.

I watched episode 1 of the 1st series & was hooked.  Downloaded all the others in about 7 minutes from TPB.

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Not sure if this was recommended here but FIVE series of BBC detectives by Galbraith AKA JK Rowling.  The Cuckoos Calling; The Silkworm; Career of Evil; Lethal White; Troubled Blood.

I watched episode 1 of the 1st series & was hooked.  Downloaded all the others in about 7 minutes from TPB.

Very good IMHO. Also available on iPlayer. Great acting by Tom Burke & Holiday Grainger. Well worth a look IMHO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4276618/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, mikebell said:

Thank you so much for this. Just started watching and enjoying it a lot.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, mikebell said:

Can't find them all. Only season  1 and 2 and season 1 has 2 names. first 3 ep. Cuckoos Calling, ep 4 and  Silkworm???

• Like 1

The Ark, new highly anticipated Sci-Fi TV series has just premiered, and S01E01 is now available on P2P scene.

I shouldn't judge after only the first episode, but to me it looked a little stereotypical and at times just plain stupid. Unfortunately it seems down to usual bickering and fighting for power, rather that spinning a good Sci-Fi story.

Among many other things; can you really grow corn in only 5cm of soil? Or will using even a hundred LED grow lights drain all the power of a huge space ship that probably has TWatts of nuclear power available....

Edited by SpaceKadet
Corrected the trailer link

2 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

The Ark, new highly anticipated Sci-Fi TV series has just premiered, and S01E01 is now available on P2P scene.

I shouldn't judge after only the first episode, but to me it looked a little stereotypical and at times just plain stupid. Unfortunately it seems down to usual bickering and fighting for power, rather that spinning a good Sci-Fi story.

Among many other things; can you really grow corn in only 5cm of soil? Or will using even a hundred LED grow lights drain all the power of a huge space ship that probably has TWatts of nuclear power available....

I didn't get pass ep1, almost did, but looks to be a teen soap opera.  Think it was 5.6 on IMDB, and that's being kind.

11 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

They are confusing series with episodes in a serie. Wasted 15 min. ...

search for  'strike', s01 has 3 episodes, s02 has 2 episodes, s03 has 2 episodes s04 has 4 episodes, s05 has 5 episodes.