What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Coincidentally I started watching the semi classic American Hustle just before Jeremy Renner was seriously injured. It's very roughly based on the Abscam Scandal, maybe you need to look it up. Anyway lots of great star studded acting, gripping story, and comical New Jersey color. Louie CK has a minor role where he made the ice fishing story that was never finished famous. You'll have to search for the ending online as it's not in the movie. Please don't post it here.

I thought American Hustle was very good.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/3/2023 at 9:00 AM, gargamon said:
Title:
Black Snow (2023)
Plot:
In 1995, seventeen-year-old Isabel Baker was murdered. The crime shocked the small town of Ashford and devastated Isabel's Australian South Sea Islander community. The case was never solved, the killer never found. In 2020, the opening of a time capsule unearths a secret that puts cold-case detective James Cormack (Fimmel) on the trail of the killer.

Aussie crime mini series, TGX.

have seen this one. It's an excellent series

• Like 1

have been watching the following:

Series:

NCIS, NCIS Hawaii, Hyde & Seek, FBI, FBI Most Wanted, FBI International, Will Trent, The Rookie, Wednesday, Mayfair Witches, S.A.S. Rogue Heroes, House of the Dragon, The Twelve, Blood & Treasure, Karen Pirie, Troppo, Reacher, Jack Ryan, The Equalizer, Heels, Monday Night RAW, Friday Night Smackdown, AEW Dynamite, AEW Rampage, Black Snow, We Own this City, East New York, Young Wallander, Ted lasso, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, London Kills, The Calling, The Recruit, Vigil,  

Movies:

Detective Knight ( 1 & 2), 3000 years of Longing, Violent Night, Knives Out, Glass Onion-a Knives Out Mystery, A Clockwork Orange, Caligula ( watched these last 2 for the first time ever).

There are other series I watch but they are currently on a break. Generally if a new series doesn't get me interested by teh end of the 2nd episode I give it a miss.

• Thanks 1

For whatever reason I decided to download and watch the original "Planet of the Apes", starring Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowall, mainly because I couldn't remember much about it as it was released over 50 years ago!

It was okay because it refreshed my memory, although some of the settings and props were a little "amateurish" and the very final scene was one that I hadn't really appreciated years ago when I first watched it, and it made sense this time round.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What's considered "good" is subjective. I have no interest in watching most of those TV series  listed.

Huh?

We have available most all of the video -- movies and TV going back over 100 years in the case of movies from all over the world and you can't find anything good to watch to your taste? Come on man!

Yesterday I watched two Colombian movies. They were both good. Just an example. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Huh?

We have available most all of the video -- movies and TV going back over 100 years in the case of movies from all over the world and you can't find anything good to watch to your taste? Come on man!

Yesterday I watched two Colombian movies. They were both good. Just an example. 

I said, most of those listed, didn't say I couldn't find anything to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Kings of the World

Poignant sad story infused with Colombian magical realism and harsh class realities. The sweet scene with the boys being mothered in a rural house of eldery prostitutes would make Fellini proud.

https://www.eyeforfilm.co.uk/review/the-kings-of-the-world-2022-film-review-by-amber-wilkinson

"The dreamy surreal and harshest of realities rub shoulders in Laura Mora Ortega’s San Sebastián Golden Shell-winning drama, which also suggests the past and the present have a closer interplay than you might first think. Her tale of five street kids hoping to claim a patch of ancestral land often has the tone of a fable, emphasised by its opening near-post-apocalypic opening of a city street, empty of everything except a white horse, in which a voiceover notes: “One day all the men fell asleep and all the fences of the Earth burst into flames.”"

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just started watching the first of three series of Big Sky. Enjoying it so far.

Storyteller David E. Kelly ("Big Little Lies") presents a series about private detectives Cassie Dewell and Cody Hoyt, who join forces with Cody's estranged wife and ex-cop, Jenny Hoyt, to search for two sisters who have been kidnapped by a truck driver on a remote highway in Montana. When they discover that these are not the only girls who have disappeared in the area, they must race against the clock to stop the killer before another woman is taken. Based on the series of books by C.J. Box, the series stars Katheryn Winnick, Kylie Bunbury and Ryan Phillippe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just watched the first 2 episodes of Altered Carbon season 1 (of 2) , which I downloaded (from TGx) following a recommendation from @gargamon. Seems pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261227/

Season 1 is superb. Season 2 not so much. I think they changed directors...

• Like 2

HaShotrim AKA Line in the Sand

Two episodes in and enjoying this one.

TPB

From the director of the award-winning Israeli thriller Fauda comes Line in the Sand, a cautionary tale of obsession, sacrifice and how one detective's quest for justice shifts his moral compass to the extent that he loses himself.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

TPB

From the director of the award-winning Israeli thriller Fauda comes Line in the Sand, a cautionary tale of obsession, sacrifice and how one detective's quest for justice shifts his moral compass to the extent that he loses himself.

Thanks again @Will27. Downloading now from 1337x.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

TPB

Wait for an english dubbed audio.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, phetphet said:

Just started watching the first of three series of Big Sky. Enjoying it so far.

Storyteller David E. Kelly ("Big Little Lies") presents a series about private detectives Cassie Dewell and Cody Hoyt, who join forces with Cody's estranged wife and ex-cop, Jenny Hoyt, to search for two sisters who have been kidnapped by a truck driver on a remote highway in Montana. When they discover that these are not the only girls who have disappeared in the area, they must race against the clock to stop the killer before another woman is taken. Based on the series of books by C.J. Box, the series stars Katheryn Winnick, Kylie Bunbury and Ryan Phillippe.

If you like Big Sky, you'll probably also like Joe Pickett, which is also based on the books by CJ Box.

• Like 2

New (2018- ) story/version of the famous Das Boot movie/series.

3 Seasons so far ...

An inexperienced U-boat crew has to survive a secret mission and a young German woman is torn between loyalty for her home country and the French resistance in the WWII drama.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5830254/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

• Thanks 1